Zee Bee

Finding Love Abroad, Then Support Online for Visa Quest

211 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Personally I spend plenty of time (other than here) on sites like digg.com and slashdot.org. Yes, I am a geek!

:blush: glad you said it..saved me from getting banned

banhim.jpg

:P

Et Tu Charlius ?

well it's one way i can catch up to you in posts :blush:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
I guess I'm lost but what comments is everyone talking about?

I had a hard time finding them too but if you look on the right hand side of the 2nd page of the article (towards the middle of the page) there is something that says view all comments..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6_Comments.html

I don't see a "view comments" link on either page. I did see a box that says "COMMENT" in red, with "POST A COMMENT" under that, but no link to actually view or post a comment. :unsure:

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

The article's alright. At least it managed to get some women petitioning for men for a change, but it would be nice to see a first-world relationship that was actually successful. Most of my friends and family assumed that C. could just come here and get married because, you know, he wasn't a mail-order bride and isn't that what the fiance visa is for, guys meeting Russian girls? That's a perception that could use some clearing up!

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Country: France
Timeline
I guess I'm lost but what comments is everyone talking about?

I had a hard time finding them too but if you look on the right hand side of the 2nd page of the article (towards the middle of the page) there is something that says view all comments..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6_Comments.html

I don't see a "view comments" link on either page. I did see a box that says "COMMENT" in red, with "POST A COMMENT" under that, but no link to actually view or post a comment. :unsure:

I think the comment section might be down...I am having difficulty accessing the comment section as well.

I'm using Firefox...are you? Maybe that's the problem?

Anyone else having problems accessing the comments section?

Filed: Timeline

The more I read the article, the more ####### I see it as. For the reasons already stated. We do look like a crazy & obsessive bunch. And while it's ok to fight like cats and dogs with your second cousin....aint no one gonna talk smack about her in the outside world, hah.

Meanwhile, I didn't know getting a visa process can 'sometimes take years'....sure, for a problematic case, I suppose....but years? FFFFFFFSSSSSSSS

And it's kinda creepy that you can buy the photo of Wendy holding her dress!

All that VJ angst shut it down! :lol:

I even signed up cos I thought they moved it or summat!

The more I read the article, the more ####### I see it as. For the reasons already stated. We do look like a crazy & obsessive bunch.

:yes:

If you guys could hear the hubby...he is normally a very reserved Englishman with never a bad word said about others. Even he had choice words for the article & thinks it's #######.

Edited by devilette

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hey all. We can all probably agree that there will never be an article on anything that everyone will like. Overall the article made some good points but as you said there are likely areas that could have been written about more. Regardless, the article was a good thing in terms of raising awareness of the issue to people that would otherwise not have been exposed to the subject.

I propose that we pool together and consider writing a follow up that we think covers the areas that people find missing and also we can go into items such as dispelling some stereotypes. As members of the community we have a unique view on the personal side of things. For what it is worth I would love to publish this in our VJ News section and we can even submit the story back to a paper for their consideration (if we want to go that far).

Takers? Am I drinking the special fruit juice too much? :P

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Hey all. We can all probably agree that there will never be an article on anything that everyone will like. Overall the article made some good points but as you said there are likely areas that could have been written about more. Regardless, the article was a good thing in terms of raising awareness of the issue to people that would otherwise not have been exposed to the subject.

I propose that we pool together and consider writing a follow up that we think covers the areas that people find missing and also we can go into items such as dispelling some stereotypes. As members of the community we have a unique view on the personal side of things. For what it is worth I would love to publish this in our VJ News section and we can even submit the story back to a paper for their consideration (if we want to go that far).

Yeah, hands off the fruit juice!

Thing is, E...imo...no one will understand what it's like unless one goes through this. We can talk til we're blue in the face, and I don't think it'll do much good.

Overall, the article really poked fun at ppl in our situation...and made Wendy look condescending with the 'I don't want to be a farmer's wife' statement. I'm sorry, but it's true.

Although hey..if you really want to put something together, I'll help.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yeah, hands off the fruit juice!

Thing is, E...imo...no one will understand what it's like unless one goes through this. We can talk til we're blue in the face, and I don't think it'll do much good.

Overall, the article really poked fun at ppl in our situation...and made Wendy look condescending with the 'I don't want to be a farmer's wife' statement. I'm sorry, but it's true.

Although hey..if you really want to put something together, I'll help.

Ok I just read the "poked fun at people" while looking at that pumpin/a$$ and nearly blew my water on my screen. :lol:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I think the author did not intend the story to come off that way -- they were likely looking to gain public awareness at how discouraging the entire process is to american petitioners and that through their perils people have been able to find some comfort. Of course the author would likely point out the "tough situations" as pointing out a success would not drive home the difficulty of the situation.

Oh well, tough call. I would personally love to help us create a follow up to expand on the article in areas we think will be useful to "get out there". I think if anything that this is a worthwhile way to focus any collective opinions and efforts that can possibly do some good by further helpinig raise awareness.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.