Zee Bee

Finding Love Abroad, Then Support Online for Visa Quest

211 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
while i know we're all one big family, why all the bickering? i think a few of you need spankings.

eta: anyone looked at the comments lately? i snuck in one of my perv names :D

well, i am ready to be of service.,.. :dance:

:lol:

any guesses, almaty?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol..easy to figure out...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline
lol..easy to figure out...

you figured it out that quick? :crying:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
Think about when you told your family/friends you were going to marry and sponsor someone from another country...whether they like the guy/gal or not...didn't you get that 'you're so crazy!' response from someone? That's cos most people DON'T think 'outside the box'...most people choose the safe option, so the things that we do are 'foreign' (no pun intended) to many.

No one in my family ever said anything about me choosing to marry someone from another country. And actually only one person that I know has ever said anything and I figure she's a bitter ole cow :)

The complicated cases DO take a while...and don't even get me started on the AOS delays. But honestly...I've planned a party longer than I've waited for my NOA2 thusfar. Is it any cause for 'GETTIN IT OUT TO THE MEDIA'? Not so much.

That must've been some party ;)

I don't think there's anything wrong with getting the message out to the media. That is, after all, what the media is for. We have enough propaganda and BS out there in the media, what's wrong with showing that normal everyday people fall in love with "foreigners" and have difficulty getting them to this contry. We may not have a "right" to bring our foreign SO here, but we do have the right to bring attention to delays and a broken system. In fact, I'd say we have an obligation.

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=16

The Valentines Day Protests at the Texas Service Center. Also more pics in the Gallery to take a look at.

Very cool.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Oh well.

Oh well - what? What did all of you working on the article think was going to happen?

I think Frances pretty much got what I was feeling. I have been reading and all I can say is :wacko:

The way people have condemned the article is more than I expected. People have sat down and nitpicked the article until there is nothing to talk about anymore.

So it was bad. Should Wendy and the others not have participated? Should they have turned down the reporter? They, and others of us, thought that it would be a good way to get our voices heard. That was it. We were also aware that it could turn out to be total #######.

If you didn't like the article then write a letter to the WP.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
The perception that only a few people can not make a difference is not always true. Point in case, the INS (at the time) had major slow downs in processing (and even stoppages) and people decided to stop complaining and to bring it to the public:

Standing in front of the Texas Service Center:

{photo's removed for brevity. Feel free to find them on the original post - rouguewave}

I you look close you will see a few familiar faces in the photos. It takes courage and often times it seems like an infinitely high mountain... but eventually things can and often do change. In the example above the INS performed a 180 and open the flood gates due to a handful of people and their determination to make a difference.

Capt'n,

How many people showed up, for how long, and what kind of advanced preparation was there? Was there anykind of press coverage and if so, how was that arranged? The reason I ask is this: I'm heading up to Mom's for Thanksgiving and would be happy to entertain suggestions for something to do at VSC on Friday (assuming we can determine they will be open). Oh, did I mention that Mom lives about 1 hrs drive from VSC? Well, I'm curious to see what the place looks like anyway.

Rouguewave

ps: I could even deliver a box or 2 of chocolates, but I suspect they might not take them from a person walking up to the door. Probably would need to borrow USPS, UPS, or FedEx uniform and vehicle.

K1 Visa Process
USPS Express Mail I-129F Package sent to USCIS VT Service Center 07/05/07
NOA-1 Received: Notice Date 07/11/07
NOA-2 Received: Notice Date 11/20/07
Medical conducted 12/21, 26, 28/07, 01/02/08
USEM Interview conducted 01/04/08
Visas picked up at USEM (request non-delivery) 01/08/08
Family (Mom & kids) arrive Washington, DC 01/13/08

AOS Process
USPS Priority Mail package to USCIS Chicago Lockbox 03/14/08
Arrived Chicago Lockbox 03/16/08
Checks Cashed for AOS fees 04/24/08
NOA1s received 04/25/08
Biometrics (spouse & 3 kids) 05/14/08
AOS transferred to CSC 05/23/08

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
"Miss Brown, you may think that you are doing the right thing, however, as one who indirectly(I was sought by a foreign girl) I assure you that at the end you will be disappointed.The cultural differences are so enormous, that sooner or later, they will affect your family life. You think that most American men are not as enticing as some from other countries. There are about the same number of good American men and women as in any other country. I have traveled the world, met many people and even though some foreign people have all the qualities we think we are searching, at the end the differences will be hard to be aligned. Love is very powerful and most of the time it clouds the mind. Clouds tend to disappear and when the sun shines we may have regrets"

OMG stupidest comment EVER

"You think that most American men are not as enticing as some from other countries" har har har har.. probly he got dumped for a furriner, that's why he's hatin

everytime you write this word, I read 'furrier' :lol:

Me too -- and I'm also laughing!

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Filed: Other Timeline
Oh well.

Oh well - what? What did all of you working on the article think was going to happen?

I think Frances pretty much got what I was feeling. I have been reading and all I can say is :wacko:

The way people have condemned the article is more than I expected. People have sat down and nitpicked the article until there is nothing to talk about anymore.

So it was bad. Should Wendy and the others not have participated? Should they have turned down the reporter? They, and others of us, thought that it would be a good way to get our voices heard. That was it. We were also aware that it could turn out to be total #######.

If you didn't like the article then write a letter to the WP.

This is their typical style - the WP. I know another person who was interviewed by them and the print article (based upon the interivew) turned out nothing like he thought it would be. They even referred to his wife as an illegal immigrant in the piece.

I for one am not criticizing the efforts of folks for trying. If you never try - nothing happens.

But - and I've said this before and I will say it again - life with an immigrant is like this!! People don't understand and - they really don't want or need to. It doesn't affect them directly.

I know the delays people are experiencing right now are REALLY bad. I know the stress of being separated can be awful. And I know (better than many of you realize) what a screwed-up system all of us are caught in. BUT - this isn't the half of it!! You're life is forever changed because you have chosen to marry a foreign-born individual. People will question your marriage, and question your spouses right to be in this country. It's just the political atmosphere right now.

And it's just human nature for people not to care that much over something that doesn't affect them. Unfortunately.

Timeline

The only thing I will add to this thread is that even though I liked the article in general, for the reasons I posted in the first pages, the comments I read from this article, from the article that will not be named, and from many other forums and social gathering places such as myspace, showing an american opinion that we, the foreigners, are all scammers, GC seekers, and should stay where we came from, makes me wanna pack up my things and leave to go back home today.

And I am not even in US, but in Puerto Rico so I shouldn't be a threat to americans and their way of life. When I got engaged to Luis we talked for days and months about where we'd live and after many pondering he said he couldn't accept to be supported by me and live in Brazil, but would want to be the one supporting me, and that we should live here in Puerto Rico for the first few years of our married life, and then go where the opportunity proved to be better for us. I thought it was cool and that if he could get a contract with a company in US (he's a recent graduated biologist with a concentration in microbiology) we'd get a chance to grow for a while and then maybe get transfered to a company with an office in Brazil (many US companies have labs in Brazil) in the future.

The thing is, it's been 1 year since I've been here and from day one I missed my country, my brazilian way of life, and especially after reading stuff like this, I realize I may be in the wrong place, dunno, I know that back home people wouldn't look the same way at a foreign, or at a couple from different nationality. Always heard of all the prejudice in US, believed it was there since I lived there as a teen, in a foreign exchange program, but I didn't expect it to be so strong, adding here awful experiences I sometimes have at work (work in a call center for an US company, americans call and get angry and treat me like ####### 'cus I have an accent, they call me chicana and things like that).

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

I wouldn't let the opinion of ignorant fools make me want to run back home.

There's prejudice anywhere you go. I suspect if I moved to another country, I'd find some anti American people pretty quickly too. But I would stand by my choice to live where I decided to live and forget the rest of it. The only time that would change would be if I felt my personal safety were in danger.

Conformity is boring.

*edited for typo*

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Timeline
I wouldn't let the opinion of ignorant fools make me want to run back home.

There's prejudice anywhere you go. I suspect if I moved to another country, I'd find some anti American people pretty quickly too. But I would stand by my choice to live where I decided to live and forget the rest of it. The only time that would change would be if I felt my personal safety were in danger.

Conformity is boring.

*edited for typo*

:yes:

Foreigners aren't well received many places I don't think. Yesterday there was talk of Turks in Berlin. I know I met plenty of anti-Americans in England...

If you choose to live elsewhere, you gotta put up with all that entails.

Timeline

Dunno, at least here in Puerto Rico everyone I've met seems pretty proud that I have chosen to live here, and get all happy when I say I do like the country.

I am now scared of hubby getting the job he wants in Texas, and having to suffer too much prejudice there.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline
Dunno, at least here in Puerto Rico everyone I've met seems pretty proud that I have chosen to live here, and get all happy when I say I do like the country.

I am now scared of hubby getting the job he wants in Texas, and having to suffer too much prejudice there.

just get a pickup truck, you'll fit right in :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

and a confederate flag bumper sticker...

or 'don't mess with texas"

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

There's prejudice anywhere you go. I suspect if I moved to another country, I'd find some anti American people pretty quickly too.

I've lived in three countries and I can assure you Americans have not cornered the market on xenophopia (or racism). I used to live in Poland and most of my friends there were Latin American expats with Polish spouses. My best friend in Warsaw is a Polish woman with a Peruvian husband. Among our circle of friends was a North Korean family who defected to Poland. The neighbors were quite puzzled at the notion that people born on 4 different continents could get along. #######? I'm not saying these folks were representative of all Poles (in fact, I know they were NOT), but the point is there are ignorant twits in any country.

For the record, like Jundp, no one in my family has questioned my decision to marry a Canadian/Brit, nor did they question any of my past relationships with men born in Mexico, Poland, and Switzerland (and yes, I have also dated Americans, by the way). Neither has (or did) anyone else I know.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)