Zee Bee

Finding Love Abroad, Then Support Online for Visa Quest

211 posts in this topic

I admit to not knowing where albania is but because of this I'm googling it...my first guess was middle east like hers but I dunno eastern europe or something? I will look! ok so north of greece...that's probably how they met in greece...I love learning new things :)

yea, it's a small country & that's totally understandable...thanks for being honest

albania is also right across the sea from italy...take a gander at my signature and it'll make some sense =)

Edited by babybluesusie

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
I admit to not knowing where albania is but because of this I'm googling it...my first guess was middle east like hers but I dunno eastern europe or something? I will look! ok so north of greece...that's probably how they met in greece...I love learning new things :)

yea, it's a small country & that's totally understandable...thanks for being honest

A lot of people don't know where Nepal is... I joke that the only ppl who know about Nepal are dharma bums, peakbaggers and stoners... :lol: Guess which category I fall into... :lol:

There's a song which goes 'our country is small but our mountains are big'. G, me, my SIL and a friend were bored one evening during a power cut and trying to see what we could substitute for 'mountains'... ;)

Guess you had to be there...

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
Oh well.

Oh well - what? What did all of you working on the article think was going to happen?

I don't understand the negativity toward VJers who made an effort... it's as if they shouldn't have tried at all...nevermind the other individuals involved in the piece, the author, editor, etc.... Is it better to just not even try to change perceptions?

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline
Oh well.

Oh well - what? What did all of you working on the article think was going to happen?

I don't understand the negativity toward VJers who made an effort... it's as if they shouldn't have tried at all...nevermind the other individuals involved in the piece, the author, editor, etc.... Is it better to just not even try to change perceptions?

but it didn't. Read the article - we look bad. And every time this comes up, it's the same thing - the reporter makes us look pathetic for choosing an overseas spouse!

This article was definitely the worst of the lot.

Timeline
A lot of people don't know where Nepal is... I joke that the only ppl who know about Nepal are dharma bums, peakbaggers and stoners... :lol: Guess which category I fall into... :lol:

Well I'd LOVE to go to Nepal... :D I'd like to the next time we go to India. :yes:

:ot2:

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Timeline
but it didn't. Read the article - we look bad. And every time this comes up, it's the same thing - the reporter makes us look pathetic for choosing an overseas spouse!

Don't make assumptions that I haven't read the article... bad to assume.

What I don't understand, if you clearly read my post, is the attitude toward other VJers who set out to do something positive. Life's a ###### and things don't turn out the way you'd hope or expect, even with all the best intentions, but sheesh, cut them some slack already. I get the impression that people would rather we just seclude ourselves in our own little bubble, just "in case" someone gets the wrong idea. And THAT wouldn't make us look anymore obsessed or fixated... :whistle:

The people who may have found the article informative won't post....they really don't have a reason to. We don't know how many people DID get something positive out of it.

Edited by Frances

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

i agree with you sister Fracas....

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Oh well.

Frances - I think the folks who worked on this project hoped to drum up a lot of support 'out there' for 'the cause'. I think they were also hoping someone very powerful might read the article, swoop down from the sky, and move heaven and earth for USWendy's petition.

There's nothing wrong with that.

But it may be their first realization that - by and large - John Q. Public doesn't give one damn about our situation. Middle America is more worried (and rightly so) about the price of milk, gasoline and whether or not their employer will still be afloat this time next year.

I can't count on my fingers and toes the times Americans have said to me they are GLAD the government doesn't let just ANYBODY in. Most folks just believe our government is protecting them by taking their time to check out every immigrant to our country.

It's just NOT an issue for most people. Never has been - never will be.

Timeline
Oh well.

Frances - I think the folks who worked on this project hoped to drum up a lot of support 'out there' for 'the cause'. I think they were also hoping someone very powerful might read the article, swoop down from the sky, and move heaven and earth for USWendy's petition.

But it may be their first realization that - by and large - John Q. Public doesn't give one damn about our situation. Middle America is more worried (and rightly so) about the price of milk, gasoline and whether or not their employer will still be afloat this time next year.

I can't count on my fingers and toes the times Americans have said to me they are GLAD the government doesn't let just ANYBODY in. Most folks just believe our government is protecting them by taking their time to check out every immigrant to our country.

sure ok I understand where you are coming from, but when do you stop trying?

if we all gave up quickly, or didn't try things at all.... NONE of us would be on VJ in the first place. If you didn't believe in fighting the fight, you wouldn't have been gathering dust since 2004. Don't we always encourge people who have waited an extraordinarily long time to contact their representatives, etc.

ah nevermind... I quit...

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Oh well.

sure ok I understand where you are coming from, but when do you stop trying?

if we all gave up quickly, or didn't try things at all.... NONE of us would be on VJ in the first place. If you didn't believe in fighting the fight, you wouldn't have been gathering dust since 2004. Don't we always encourge people who have waited an extraordinarily long time to contact their representatives, etc.

ah nevermind... I quit...

LOL...............aw don't quit!

I think the article was disappointing. But that's what happens when you give your information out to another party (the press) to dispense.

Maybe some folks who have an interest in immigration might read the article, check out VJ and learn a bit about the reality of our broken immigration system.

The point I think the press always misses with our types of stories is this - if legal immigration REALLY is this hard, is it any wonder there are so many illegal entrants to our country?

The day some reporter finally wraps their brain around that one, maybe John Q. Public will start to get the picture.

What I don't understand, if you clearly read my post, is the attitude toward other VJers who set out to do something positive. Life's a ###### and things don't turn out the way you'd hope or expect, even with all the best intentions, but sheesh, cut them some slack already. I get the impression that people would rather we just seclude ourselves in our own little bubble, just "in case" someone gets the wrong idea. And THAT wouldn't make us look anymore obsessed or fixated... :whistle:

The people who may have found the article informative won't post....they really don't have a reason to. We don't know how many people DID get something positive out of it.

I should have said re-read, my bad.

It's not informative, it was skewed to be about VJ (see title) - NOT USCIS - and full of misinformation & character judgments. What is there to be happy about? Or informed about? John Q. Public found out VJ exists & some woman with a 17 years her junior fiance (from a high fraud country) can't get him in. So she commiserates with other suckers on VJ who pine away for hours a day.

Edited by devilette

Timeline

I should have said re-read, my bad.

It's not informative, it was skewed to be about VJ (see title) - NOT USCIS - and full of misinformation & character judgments. What is there to be happy about? Or informed about? John Q. Public found out VJ exists & some woman with a 17 years her junior fiance (from a high fraud country) can't get him in. So she commiserates with other suckers on VJ who pine away for hours a day.

Is that so far from the truth? Maybe the truth DOES hurt....we've all been there.

And now I really AM quitting this thread.... :dead:

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

And having VJers even distinguish within ourselves...like 'oh well we met in person' or 'oh my fiance is from an allied country' (lke you did above) seems like we're differentiating ourselves from ppl like U.S. Wendy. Why? (sidenote: Don't get me wrong....even having been on this site and talking to ppl for so long, I can't personally understand how one falls in love on the internet/phone or to someone when neither shares a common language. But ok...it obviously happens, so it's not for me to understand.) And if that's someone like me who also has a foreign born so, who's been here for 2 years seeing all the success stories of internet romances and the like....well how does the regular joe schmoe regard falling in love 'with a foreigner' whilst on vacation/on the phone/internet/with age differences/no common language/etc/etc/etc? How in the world is it 'spreading awareness' in a 2 page blurb that has us all as 'fixated' and 'miserable'

This is so laughable.

Lisa, you've made it WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY clear for a very long time that you 'don't get it'. Yet you want to talk about VJ'ers distinguishing themselves from each other?

Another case of different sauces depending on who the goose is.

No, I don't get it...and I was honest in admitting that above...But on a public article on VJ, I'm not going to go on there and say 'oh, but *I'm* different because blah blah blah'....when they make fun of one of us, they're making fun of all of us. IMO of course.

The general population doesn't get our situations and will mock them as 'GC hunters' and whatnot. I don't agree/understand everyone's personal choices on here, and I might ask a few questions in efforts to understand...but I think there's a difference with that, and mocking US/foreign unions in general.

Which is why I said earlier 'ya can fight with your cousin, but no one from the outside better say a word to her'

yanno?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

sigh...........

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!