apgk

LAX POE - any comments?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Does anyone has some comments/feedback about los angeles POE? Fiancee will be here soon and just wanted to prep

her for this final step. The US embassy had mailed her a big sealed packet along with the visa and the note on the

packet says that it should only be opened at the POE by the immigration officer.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Does anyone has some comments/feedback about los angeles POE? Fiancee will be here soon and just wanted to prep

her for this final step. The US embassy had mailed her a big sealed packet along with the visa and the note on the

packet says that it should only be opened at the POE by the immigration officer.

I traverse LAX for most of my flights to and from visiting my Lao Po in Guangzhou, PRC.

Also, I have had close friends go through this POE with their spouse/fiancée.

All in all, there are no hassles and the US Officers, while stressed out from the mob scene, are very professional and fair. Recently I have had friends who were allowed to go through the foreign national line, along with their spouse; they were not separated. And yes, the Officer will take the envelope and open it upon entry. He will then stamp the entry date on the visa. Always be polite and courteous. These Officers have all the power at that moment. Although not common, they have the absolute authority to deny entry, even with the US Visa in hand.

The biggest issue I see at the Tom Bradley International Terminal, is the large number of flights which are arriving one on top of the other, which makes this terminal a real zoo, with thousands of people and long lines, while trying to collect baggage and get through the various USCIS check points.

You just must smile and relax and be happy that the end of the journey is finally only minutes away.

Edited by RogerinCA

I-130 for CR-1/CR-2 Timeline:

Married in Guangzhou, China 12-2006.

05/03/07: I-130's for CR-1 and CR-2 mailed to CSC via USPS

06/23/07: NOA-1/I-797C's.

11/06/07: NOA-2’s were issued. CR-1/2 Abandoned, for K-3/4.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I-129F for K-3/K-4 Timeline:

06/11/07: I-129F for K-3/K-4 mailed to Chicago.

06/13/07: Received at Chicago.

06/15/07: Received NOA-1 Form I-797C, from Chicago.

06/26/07: E-mail notice of transfer to the CSC.

11/06/07: NOA-2 approval issued for the I-129F.

12/06/07: I-129F for K-3/4 has been received at the NVC.

06/02/08: Interview passed at US Consulate Guangzhou

06/06/08: Return together and arrive at POE LAX.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

AOS K-3/K-4 I-485/I-765 Timeline:

03-25-09: Mailed files.

03-27-09: Received at Chicago.

04-02-09: NOA’s for (K-3 and K-4) I-485 and I-765.

04-03-09: Both checks ($1010.00 and $600.00) cashed.

04-07-09: NOA’s Biometrics Appt.

04-14-09: Both I-765 files entered into the online system.

04-24-09: Biometrics appt. completed.

05-07-09: NOA with Interview Date of June 16, 2009.

05-21-09: Now have both I-485 files viewable.

05-23-09: EAD card production ordered x2.

06-01-09: EAD cards received in mail.

06-18-09: AOS Interviews completed and GC production ordered.

06-22-09: Welcome letters received.

07-07-09: 10 year Green Cards arrive. PM 07-01-09.

We used San Francisco without any problems. Hope LAX is just the same. If the paperwork is in order, it seems that most have no problem.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't get this whole POE thing. It's all the same in my opinion. My wife and I have gone through LAX, SFO, and JFK recently. The only difference is the amount of time you spend in line.

Edited by Satellite

Timeline
We used San Francisco without any problems. Hope LAX is just the same. If the paperwork is in order, it seems that most have no problem.

What paperwork is needed besides the passport with K1 visa stamp, sealed packet that was received from US embassy,

filled up I-94 and filled up Customs declaration?

What paperwork is needed besides the passport with K1 visa stamp, sealed packet that was received from US embassy,

filled up I-94 and filled up Customs declaration?

That should be it.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Olga said her time through wasn't too bad.

K-1 timeline

05/03/06: NOA1

06/29/06: IMBRA RFE Received

07/28/06: NOA2 received in the mail!

10/06/06: Interview

02/12/07: Olga arrived

02/19/07: Marc and Olga marry

02/20/07: DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS Timeline

03/29/07: NOA1

04/02/07: Notice of biometrics appointment

04/14/07: Biometrics appointment

07/10/07: AOS Interview - Passed.

Done with USCIS until 2009!

It took Claudeth a total of about 45 minutes to get through customs, collect her luggage and come out of the customs areal. The POE officer was really nice to her and only asked her a couple of things.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

It took Claudeth a total of about 45 minutes to get through customs, collect her luggage and come out of the customs areal. The POE officer was really nice to her and only asked her a couple of things.

Do you need to have your x-rays with you for POE? Some people commented that an officer has a right to ask for your x-rays so you need to have them in your carry-on luggage...

Aren't X-Rays in that big sealed envelope?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I've used LAX, my wife has used LAX. Its a good airport in general without many hassles. The only airport that comes to mind where there are problems is Atlanta.

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Timeline

Do you need to have your x-rays with you for POE? Some people commented that an officer has a right to ask for your x-rays so you need to have them in your carry-on luggage...

I have never heard of it - but I doubt that the border control/immigration control/border post officer would want to see or examine the XRAY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.