Mary&Trev

Fee at POE?

37 posts in this topic

6$ US for the I-94. That's all we paid.

So now I have a husband that claims he bought a cheap alien for 6$ :whistle:

LOL Mephys...I should tell my husband that one! He paid $6 as well. I'm not totally sure what it was for though? What is the I-94?

Yup for the I-94, I still have the bill from it for my keepsake :hehe:

Why do Canadians have to pay a fee while others don't? :blink:

We are trying to give the illusion that we don't get preferential treatment from the U.S. :hehe:

:lol:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Maybe it's only a land crossing thing? I paid $6 USD at the Peace Bridge/Buffalo land crossing for my I-94. When the guy said, "That'll be $6" I asked, "Canadian or US?" Duh! :P

Edited by misa

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

We are trying to give the illusion that we don't get preferential treatment from the U.S. :hehe:

Or yet another benefit of NAFTA :)

So do Mexicans also have to pay six bucks?

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Or yet another benefit of NAFTA :)

I would probably think so if they came across by land - but that's a pure logical assumption, which when dealing with the Gov is probably not a smart idea :)

:secret: I was being sarcastic about NAFTA

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Looks like it:

§ 286.9 Fee for processing applications and issuing documentation at land border Ports-of-Entry.

(a) General. A fee may be charged and collected by the Commissioner for the processing and issuance of specified Service documents at land border Ports-of-Entry. These fees, as specified in §103.7 B(1) of this chapter, shall be dedicated to funding the cost of providing application-processing services at land border ports.

B Forms for which a fee may be charged. (1) A nonimmigrant alien who is required to be issued, or requests to be issued, Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record, for admission at a land border Port-of-Entry must remit the required fee for issuance of Form I-94 upon determination of admissibility.

(2) A nonimmigrant alien applying for admission at a land border Port-of-Entry as a Visa Waiver Pilot Program applicant pursuant to §217.2© or §217.3© of this chapter must remit the required fee for issuance of Form I-94W upon determination of admissibility.

(3) A Mexican national in possession of a valid Form DSP 150, B 1/B 2 Visa and Border Crossing Card, issued by the DOS, or a passport and combined B 1/B2 visa and non-biometric BCC (or similar stamp in a passport) issued by the DOS, who is required to be issued Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record, pursuant to §235.1(f) of this chapter, must remit the required fee for issuance of Form I-94 upon determination of admissibility.

(4) A citizen or lawful permanent resident alien of the United States or a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada who is a national of a designated Visa Waiver Program country listed in §217.2(a) of this chapter who requests Form I–68, Canadian Border Boat Landing Permit, pursuant to §235.1(e) of this chapter, for entry to the United States from Canada as an eligible pleasure boater on a designated body of water, must remit the required fee at the time of application for Form I–68.

[60 FR 40069, Aug. 7, 1995, as amended at 62 FR 10390, Mar. 6, 1997; 67 FR 71450, Dec. 2, 2002; 68 FR 5194, Jan. 31, 2003] link

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Timeline

Just to make things even more interesting....

1. I paid $6 for the I-94 (valid for 3 months) when I crossed the land border using my K-1 visa.
  2. I paid $6 for the I-94 when I crossed the land border using my AP document (valid until April 2008).
  3. I paid no new I-94 fees when I crossed the land border (numerous times) using my AP document after the initial AP crossing, even though they issued a new I-94 each time.
  4. I paid no I-94 fees when I travelled by air using my AP document.
I'm sure someone else will have a different story. :P Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

yup, I had to pay too!!! Glad my man had cash on him....I certainly didn't. I just can't remember how much it was for my K1 and my girls K2's....

Oct 1/09 - I-751 package sent

Oct 3 - package delivered

Oct 5 - NOA mailed

Oct 13 - 1st NOA received and additional letters for my daughters I filed with. NOAs stated Resident Status

has been extended for 1 year and that we will be receiving a letter for an ASC appointment for

fingerprints, photo, and signature.

Dec 2009 - Received 10 year permanent resident card.

Feb 2010 - My children received their 10 year permanent resident cards.

Oct 2010 - My children were legally adopted by my USA Citizen husband.

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Yeah he did get over it after like 4-5 months, but that I tell my in laws that I am officialy "a legal immigrant" they always hear "illegal" immigrant" :unsure:

I'd rather keep the alien title :alien:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Timeline

From Amtrak:

US-VISIT Fee

Border agents will collect a fee of $6.00 from each visitor. Foreign visitors must come to the border prepared to pay this fee. The fee is payable in US currency, a US postal money order, a personal check drawn on a US bank, a Canadian money order issued in US funds, or a US dollar travelers cheque only, your first born or your watch.

From Amtrak:

US-VISIT Fee

Border agents will collect a fee of $6.00 from each visitor. Foreign visitors must come to the border prepared to pay this fee. The fee is payable in US currency, a US postal money order, a personal check drawn on a US bank, a Canadian money order issued in US funds, or a US dollar travelers cheque only, your first born or your watch.

But my first born is already promised to whoever got my K1 approval through so quickly :whistle:

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Timeline
From Amtrak:

US-VISIT Fee

But my first born is already promised to whoever got my K1 approval through so quickly :whistle:

Lucky you have already crossed the border then missy!! :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.