Beauty for Ashes

Wedding Cakes

110 posts in this topic

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually if you wrap in foil + plastic + tupperware, it's fine.

That's true. We packed our cake as air-tight as we could and kept it in the freezer. One day before our anniversary, we thawed it out in the fridge. We were pleasantly surprised that it still tasted good. Maybe not 100% as good as it was fresh but it did not taste stale.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Lovely cakes!

I was lucky enough to have 2 great friends of mine slave for 2 days to make our cake. I will post a pic tomorrow. It was 3 tiered and the bottom had the USA flag colors, the middle had Jamaican flag colors (or pretty darn close to them), and the top had a big T for our last name and on each side of the T was an S for Sarah and an M for Marlon. It was a traditional white cake with buttercream frosting and in between layers were fresh bananas and strawberries. I almost cried when I saw the cake as it was perfect!

I keep checking this thread to see NowMrs beautifully described cake.

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Lemon, eh? Hrmm, that gives me hope!

I want a key lime cake, but I'm not sure how that would taste.

call publix lisa..........you could at least do key lime pies....

Yeah see that's the thing, I SO don't want a pie

I emailed this one bakery in Key West which makes AWESOME looking cakes. Emailed them early 06...they were booked til 08 at the time! They were all 'of course we do key west cakes' and the cakes LOOKED awesome too. They also start at $800 or so...which I think is riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidiculous.,...especially for 6-10 people!

If i was having a BIG wedding, I'd so buy one of these!

http://www.cakesbyjoeyandpaulie.com

Since you're having such a small wedding it would be easy to make the cake yourself... key lime filling is incredibly easy to make - it's basically condensed milk and lime juice with egg (but since you're putting it into a cake you could leave the egg out and nobody would notice...) It would be lovely with a nice white sponge cake.

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Our first wedding cake came from Publix... actually our second did too. For our actual wedding I got a black forest cake since we only had eight people there. It was quite festive looking, and tasted delicious! A few months later my husband's sisters threw us a wedding party and they got us a beautiful wedding cake with pink buttercream roses piped on it. It was very sweet of them :)

post-1871-1194279775_thumb.jpg

post-1871-1194280033_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kajikit

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!