Beauty for Ashes

Wedding Cakes

110 posts in this topic

I agree. Our reception cost about 18K and only $700 of that was for the cake.

Holy cow! I can't even imagine paying that much for a party! That must have been an amazing reception that you and your guests will never forget.

I must say, it was pretty amazing. Nothing over the top though. We had about 280 guests so 18k isnt really that much.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Holy cow! I can't even imagine paying that much for a party! That must have been an amazing reception that you and your guests will never forget.

I must say, it was pretty amazing. Nothing over the top though. We had about 280 guests so 18k isnt really that much.

I have to agree. It gets up there *really* fast. We had about half as many guests, and spent about half as much on just the reception, no ceremony, and we didn't even have a photographer. It wasn't anything extragavant either. That's also not including the open bar. I have no idea how much that ended up being. :wacko:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My sister-in-law made our wedding cake and groom's cake from scratch and they were awesome. A simple 3 tiered vanilla cake with buttercream and I swear it was the best tasting cake I have ever had -- if you watch me on our wedding video after Jerry fed me a piece, you can see me exclaiming "oh my word find tammy, this is the best cake ever" It was great! simple decorations -- polka dots all over, with silg cream-coloured roses and our favourite Willow Tree ornament on top -- and the groom's cake was chocolate with buttercream and US/Canada flags on it :) Worked for us!

Edited by Cassie

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

I have to agree. It gets up there *really* fast. We had about half as many guests, and spent about half as much on just the reception, no ceremony, and we didn't even have a photographer. It wasn't anything extragavant either. That's also not including the open bar. I have no idea how much that ended up being. :wacko:

That number was just for the reception. The total damage was about 26K. But we did have a photographer and a videographer. However like you said, nothing extravagent. Most of our cost was due to the amount of people we invited. We did however have a live band but that is not included in the cost because my parents paid for that as our wedding gift.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

We didn't have a cake during our court wedding.

For our church renewal of vows, we had this:

weddingcake.jpg

It was very good and the bottom two layers were all picked to the bone (if cakes had bones!!). We kept the top for our 1st anniversary. Unfortunately, our dog decided he wanted some cake too and got to it before we could put it away in the freezer. We did manage to save half of the top layer for our anniversary.

I think I paid $140 for this cake and it served about 100 people.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This was our Wedding Cake, its a white cake with raspberry fillings and half/half frosting. It taste really good.

Cake.jpg

I have a question for you guys. Im wondering if you kept the top tier of your wedding cake until your first wedding anniversary? We kept ours on the freezer and im wondering what will happen to it after a year.

Edited by spidergirl

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
We didn't have a cake during our court wedding.

For our church renewal of vows, we had this:

weddingcake.jpg

It was very good and the bottom two layers were all picked to the bone (if cakes had bones!!). We kept the top for our 1st anniversary. Unfortunately, our dog decided he wanted some cake too and got to it before we could put it away in the freezer. We did manage to save half of the top layer for our anniversary.

I think I paid $140 for this cake and it served about 100 people.

Wow! thats a cheap price for a beautiful big cake. Ours cost $600 and only feed 50 people.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Here is our wedding cake with my honey!!! thumb_Picture_128.jpg

thumb_Picture_003.jpg

Te amo mucho mi gran amor!!!

I-130 Application: (Filed 222 days ago) Reached 7 MONTHS

04/12/2007 Filed at VSC

05/09/2007 recieved NOA I from CSC (Reached 6 MONTHS 195 days from NOA I)

05/18/2007 Filed I-129F at Chicago Office ( Filed 186 days ago) 6 MONTHS!!

05/20/2007 rec'd NOA (184 days ago for NOA I ) REACHED THE 6 MONTH MARK!!

BOTH APPLICATIONS APPROVED 11/20/2007 THANK YOU MY GOD!!

11/20/2007 Date of NOA 2 email

11/26/2007 Date of hard copy of NOA 2

12/12/07 Date NVC receives paperwork

12/14/07 K3 is sent to Lima Peru, received case number from NVC.

12/17/07 Lima Peru Embassey receives K3

01/04/08 My Honey's Medical

**** I leave today to reunite with MY HONEY!!!! ****....

01/15/08 LEAVING FOR LIMA PERU!!!

01/17/08 8:15 AM Date of Interview in Lima, Peru with my honey!

INTERVIEW WAS APPROVED!!!!

***2008 is with My Honey***********

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I kinda wish we had our cake like this one, but it was so freaking windy that day that the cake would have taken off and landed in the sand! :(

piratecake_340x490.jpg

bad enough my sister let the baby squash the cake in the corner through the box lol. Couldn't even tell really, I think that was the part that we smushed in each other's faces anyway :lol:

Life long Texan, living in Hull, UK. How did this happen?

11 January - We met online and became friends

4 February - Became a couple

17 March - I went to Hull to meet the guy

20 March - First "I love you"

25 March - I go home :(

16 November - He comes to visit me in Texas

25 November - he leaves back home :(

14 December - ENGAGED! <3

1 March- I fly off to see my babe in Hull

4 April - I go home :(

9 October - He comes back to Texas!!!!

13 October - WEDDING!!!

22 October - He goes back to England and I continue to wait for my settlement visa.

13 December 2007 - Move to England

Now the wait begins, I will become a citizen then we will DFC back to the US.

the-british-are-comming-small.jpg965-smaller.jpg

Our slide show .......... Our page on TheKnot.com

.png

This was our Wedding Cake, its a white cake with raspberry fillings and half/half frosting. It taste really good.

Cake.jpg

I have a question for you guys. Im wondering if you kept the top tier of your wedding cake until your first wedding anniversary? We kept ours on the freezer and im wondering what will happen to it after a year.

I have heard that it doesn't taste too good but I wouldnt know for sure. All of the bakeries I checked out offered to give us a free cake on our one year anniverasy instead of us saving the top layer.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I was watching one of those wedding shows the other day and there was this fairly large cake taht was really pretty.. it was a Tiffany themed wedding so the cake was blue with white ribbons.... and it only cost about $175 ... and then a few days later I was watching this other show and the cake was smaller and not as pretty and it cost over 300 dollars :blink:

I loved my wedding cake... I made it myself... it was by no means professional looking but it was inexpensive and it tasted awesome :thumbs: .... it was a banana cake with chocolate frosting... I will try and find a picture to scan later...

our wedding cost about 1000 bucks and that included the return plane ticket for my hubby to fly up to Canada for the wedding and the 3 days we stayed at the Bed and Breakfast after our wedding....

the only thing I would change about our wedding is that I would have changed my hair and I would have hired a professional photographer... we had a friend of the family take pictures , he ended up giving us the pictures has a wedding gift which was nice and the pictures were ok but I think a professional would have done a way better job....

here are my pics of our cake... it was soooo yummy.... I also made some banana cupcakes..

cake1a.jpg

cake2a.jpg

cake4a.jpg

cake5a.jpg

cake6.jpg

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Cake.jpg

I have heard that it doesn't taste too good but I wouldnt know for sure. All of the bakeries I checked out offered to give us a free cake on our one year anniverasy instead of us saving the top layer.

thats a better idea! a cake after one year of being in a freezer is bound not to taste very fresh.

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

thats a better idea! a cake after one year of being in a freezer is bound not to taste very fresh.

Oh come on, nothing says "Happy Anniversary, honey" like fighting over who gets to use the toilet. :lol: