Amby

Trip to England

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

We're planning a trip to England in the middle of January and it's looking like we will be stayng for 6 weeks. Our flat is in Newcastle so that will be our homebase but I wondered if anyone had suggestions of places to visit? We've done most of the "big" cities in England and Scotland. Anywhere off the beaten path we should check out?

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I also will be in England in January. Not sure how the weather will cooperate with outdoorsy touring, but we plan to go to North Wales and see some of the castles. I love it there - especially Conwy. We are also going to stay near Chester, which is lovely, so if you haven't been there yet, I highly recommend it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
We're planning a trip to England in the middle of January and it's looking like we will be stayng for 6 weeks. Our flat is in Newcastle so that will be our homebase but I wondered if anyone had suggestions of places to visit? We've done most of the "big" cities in England and Scotland. Anywhere off the beaten path we should check out?

Pubs... and lots of 'em! :dance:

Cheers

(I'm not much help am I)

Abbey Road was a must but not near Newcastle. I visited for 3 weeks in Wales (Aberporth). Tenby was a blast. Liverpool would have been nice, it's a Beatles thing. Other places I have been have all been military and I would not go there again with the exception of Lossiemouth and Edinburgh, Scotland. Fantastic people there!

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Winchester, which is only about an hour's train ride from London Waterloo. A ton of historical stuff to do from the Cathedral, military museums, the Round Table etc etc. There's a really nice pub there called the Wickham Arms which also does good food. Finally, for something different, check out the Ghurka Chef Restuarant, which is v close to the Train Station - it's Nepalese Food, which is sort of a cross between Chinese and Indian. The Ghurka Regiment have their museum there, and so that's where the link is.

Hope that this helps, and do let me know if you decide to visit Winchester, as there's even more in the surrounding area. ;)

Edited to add: Just re-read the OP, and realised that you'll be based in Newcastle, so Winchester may be a wee bit too far south! Sorry I skipped over that in my enthusiam!

Edited by FutureAmerican

Married to my USC Spouse in the UK 08/17/2006

Entered the US with my CR1 on 09/25/2007

Mailed I-751 application on 07/14/2009 to CSC

I-751 package arrived at CSC on 07/16/2009

Check cashed on 07/20/2009

NOA1 Dated 07/16/2009

Biometrics Appointment 08/21/2009

Touched 08/24/2009

APPROVED 09/14/2009

Card Production Ordered 09/22/2009

Card arrived in the mail 09/28/2009

US Citizen as of 10/20/2010!

*IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WORKING IN SECURITY/LAW ENFORCEMENT/MILITARY IN THE USA, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME FOR INFO*

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Have you ever visited York? I loved going to York when I was over in England, its so beautiful with a really quaint feel.

Our Timeline:

01/29/2007 NOA1!

02/26/2007 Became officially engaged in Rome:)

05/03/2007 NOA2!!!

07/20/2007 Visa Interview in London! Approved!!

10/04/2007 Small private wedding!

04/19/2008 Big fancy shmancy wedding!

AOS Timeline:

10/18/2007 Sent entire AOS, EAD, AP package to Chicago

10/19/2007 Package received in Chicago- signed for by V Bustamante

10/25/2007 NOA1 for AOS, EAD, and AP.

10/26/2007 Check cashed.

11/28/2007 Biometrics appointment in Denver.

12/17/2007 EAD card production ordered!

12/27/2007 EAD card arrives.

12/31/2007 AP approved.

01/07/2008 AP received.

02/01/2008 AOS interview in Denver. APPROVED!

02/11/2008 Green Card received in mail!

Done until July 09' !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Have you ever visited York? I loved going to York when I was over in England, its so beautiful with a really quaint feel.

I second the York recommendation. It is soo lovely!

Also, Stirling in Scotland is nice too - its where we got engaged :luv:

The biggest issue will be the weather though! But do I care??? No! I just want a week with my fiance. :luv:

I second the York recommendation. It is soo lovely!

Also, Stirling in Scotland is nice too - its where we got engaged :luv:

The biggest issue will be the weather though! But do I care??? No! I just want a week with my fiance. :luv:

York is fab...we have visited twice :thumbs:

MinsterfromCityWall2.jpg

Edited by thanksforthefish

Also, since you are coming for 6 weeks.....my adopted hometown of Ely http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ely

Check out nearby cities of Cambridge and Norwich!

The Lake District in January is as empty as it's ever going to get, and just as beautiful as always! If you like going fellwalking, you can't beat it. Coniston Water, Borrowdale, Grasmere, Sca Fell... And there are some super pubs in that part of the world too.

It's the only part of England I miss at all. ;)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I would head to the southwest. Go to Bath, lovely place and then head down to Devon and Cornwall. Also being from Scotland I think Luss on the Banks of Loch Lomand is the most beautiful place in the world.

Sent AOS, EAD - 3/27/07

NOA1 for AOS and EAD - 4/03/07

Checks cashed - 4/04/07

touched AOS and EAD - 04/06/07

touched AOS and EAD - 04/09/07

RFE for AOS - 04/26/07

return RFE - 06/20/07

EAD approved - 07/07/07

AOS transfered to CSC - 07/10/07

AOS approved - 08/10/07

Welcome letter arrived - 08/18/07

Green card arrive - 08/18/07

Apply for stolen green card 07/12/09

Apply for I-751 09/31/09

I-751 rejected due to late filling

Resubmit with a letter explaining tardiness 10/01/09

NOA1 - 10/17/09

No BioMetrics

Approval 12/4/09

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
I would head to the southwest. Go to Bath, lovely place and then head down to Devon and Cornwall. Also being from Scotland I think Luss on the Banks of Loch Lomand is the most beautiful place in the world.

Loch Lomond is beautiful in the winter, I proposed on the shores of the Loch by Drumkinnon Tower.

If your thinking of Scotland, I would say Loch Lomond and Stirling. If you have not been to the Wallace Monument, its a fun tour just outside Stirling. And then a nice three day Whiskey tour up around Moray (Elgin).

Just my thoughts

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.