Krikit

The Long Road Home

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Thanks everyone! I neglected to mention that the evening before I was out picking up some grocery items that I can't get here in the US and managed to slam the car door on my hand because the wind caught it and I didn't want it to hit the car next to me. Luckily, the door didn't close properly so I only have swollen fingers and bruising and two nails detaching. So while I sat there taking deep breaths and fighting nausea, I thanked God I didn't break anything because I no longer have OHIP. :lol: Anyway, not only did I have the return trip from hell, I also did it one-handed. Yeesh.

UGH......

I can relate to your post though.. Here's one of my fav quotes..

Says one who was Janet Erskine Stuart's assistant for some years, "She delighted in seeing her plan upset by unexpected events, saying that it

gave her great comfort, and that she looked on such things as an assurance that God was watching over her stewardship, was securing the accomplishment of His will, and working out His own designs. Whether she traced the secondary causes to the prayer of a child, to the imperfection of an individual, to obstacles arising from misunderstandings, or to interference of outside agencies, she was joyfully and graciously ready to recognize the indication of God's ruling hand, and to allow herself to be guided by it."

So glad you are home safe and sound :)

Thanks Michelle. I really like that quote. I always think that whatever road we are on in life, that is where we are meant to be. And even though some of the things we go through in life are not always happy things, there is always something good to be learned from each event. The thing I took away from this day was to always be mindful of what goes on in other people's lives. You never know if they have just received the worst news of their lives and are just trying to get through the day.

For your cold . . . see if you can find some Sambucol at a health food or vitamin store. It really works wonders at shortening the duration of a cold.

Thanks Kathryn. Anything that sounds like a liqueur for my coffee can't be all bad! :lol: But seriously.... this cold is definitely dragging me down and showing no signs of going away so I'll give it a try.

Glad to hear you made it safely.....but definitely would have lost patience if I was you with all these people telling you "you should make sure you have enough time for customs and flight".....like you didn't!!! :no: Oh well ! Welcome back home :)

I KNOOOOOOOWWWW!!! I think that was the most frustrating part of the whole day and night! I just wanted to stand there and shout "For the love of God!! I was prepared!! Am I the only one who sees this?" Good grief. :lol:

Thanks for being a friend everyone. I'm very lucky to have you. :wub:

iagree.gif

OMG that is the trip from Hell! I'm glad you are back safely though.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.