jawi876

My name ain't Stella....

3,691 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well I am only 118 posts away from that next heart...and I took a break from VJ for a few months so I fell behind :blush:

Just cause we doan chat like yuh nah mean yuh can take wey our titles...we earned dem titles fi skills other dan chattin' :whistle::innocent::lol:

:lol::lol:

well since smaddy get fluent! :yes:

yuh nah easy feh true!

Ah right well since me still in a training feh wan non-chattin tikle, me best nah draw nobaddy tongue! :lol:

:lol: Keep up with that training :dance:

I am getting better everyday...I usually don't type it because I am only online at work and to switch back and forth in my head gets confusing.

I once answered the phones (I am the receptionist) in my best patois slur of "Good Mawning, how cyan mi help unoh?" and just about died when everyone kind of looked at me funny and I had to repeat myself to the poor caller :lol: Since then I try not to think too much patois at work :lol:

LOL. I did this once at work too. I was not happy about being switched to another department to help out because the supervisor was not right at all. She never knew which way was up, and she used to change direction over and over again. One day she came over to tell me not to score one of her reps down on Quality observation that she told should have been scored down. I looked at her and said "LOW MI STAR! kiss teet* She responded with a dumbfounded look and "Huh"....and I tried to play it off. She walked away shrugging her shoulders and shaking her head. WAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIEEE

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Good mawnin all..IT IS FRIDAY !!! :lol:

Jawi hunny we miss yah and hope ur pain subsides...Ok i wanna share the news with everyone NO I'M NOT PREGGO..well at least not yet ! :hehe: Hubby got a little job...something to keep him occupied and not BORED !!

walk good everyone

Kimmy

PS. I HAVE TO COME TO WORK ON SUNDAY CAUSE THIS PLACE DECIDED TO GIVE NEW DESKS AND NOT CLOSE EARLY FOR US TO PACK UP.... :(:bonk::ranting::ranting::diablo:

Great news for hubby Kimmy! YEAHIIEEE!!! Sorry you have to work Sunday...it won't be a full day though right?

Good Morning Everyone.......TGIF...... :dance::dance::dance:

I called NVC and listened to the automated system.....They have updated their system to say that they have received the checklist letter documents and it is under review......

Still keeping my fingers crossed that something soon changes to case complete!

I hope everyone has a Great Thanksgiving and I will catch up with everyone later!

Peace & Love,

Tonya

You go girl...every step is progress toward the end result! :thumbs:

:jest:**********FRIDAY CHUCKLE**********

:dancing: ARRRRIGHT FOLKS ...WE MADE IT!!!!! :dance: WOO-HOO And lets not forget next week is a SHORT week!!!

So everyone, HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND...And BE SAFE!!!

Love ya'll (L), (I honestly mean that...I don't know WHAT I would do without ya'll1 :luv: )

Blessed,

Gill

P.S.- Congrats Kimmy...that's GREAT news!!!!!! Jawi, Sweets...take you time in moving around and feel better soon!!

********************************************************************************

Inna mi pants

A Jamaican guy enters a resturant and while sitting at his table he notices a gorgeous woman sitting at another table alone. he calls the waiter over and asks for a bottle of the most expensive champagne to be sent over to her knowing that if she accepts it she will be his.

The waiter gets the bottle and quickly takes it over to the young lady, saying that its from the gentleman. she looks at the champagne and decides to send a note back to the jamaican, the note reads...

"For me to accept this bottle you need to have a mercedes in your garage, a million in the bank and 9 inches in your trousers."

After Reading this note the Jamaican sends back a note of his own, it reads...

"Jus su yuh know...me av a bran new Benz an a bran new Bimma park up inna mi yard, an mi av over 10 million inna de bank but nuhbaddy an mi mean NUHBADDY nah gon mek mi cut 3 inch off a wah mi av inna mi pants...suh yuh can jus sen back di champagne!"

kikikiki *snicker*

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to let you know that my Senators office just called me back and told me that they are starting an official inquiry as to the status of my NOA2! It's not the actual thing, but at least someone is working on it! :thumbs:

Gill

You wil have your NOA2 in about a week or so! That is awesome news.

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Timeline

Melodee: Gwaan heasy nuh mi gyal. Play yuh hand right wid Mr. Stockbroka numba tree…and yuh soon have yuh hown home and wan inna farrin.

*Melodee walks to the well to draw her bath water. She missed Tran and their indoor plumbing already. She pours the collected water into the claw-foot tub, and sighs. Maybe, she can stay with Ian at the hotel for the rest of his stay. He sounded intoxicated already, so she wouldn’t have to work hard at all. Melodee climbs into the sun-warmed water, and closes her eyes. She recalls the lusty scene in Rasta’s yard. Melodee wondered if the woman had turned Rasta into a bowcat. The thought of Rasta being a bowcat, made her think of Tran and his newly aquired skills. Melodee tries to stop the tears from flowing down her face, but she doesn’t succeed. She presses her hand to her ####### and imagines his beautiful face between her thighs. Melodee’s thoughts return to Tradee and his brownin. All of her muscles tense as her hand works feverishly at relieving the built up tension.

Melodee bathes in the now cold water, and she climbs out to towel off. She lotions her entire body from head to toe, and sprinkles baby powder on the parts that needed to stay dry. Melodee goes to the back of her closet, and selects an ultra-short one shoulder mini dress. The green dress flatters and hugs her curvaceous figure in all the right places. She steps into a pair of black and green strappy heels, then applies her make-up. Melodee begins combing her hair, and notices that there is a small patch of hair missing at the back of her head. She begins turning in circles in an effort to view the area in the mirror.*

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just wishing you all a good Friday and a wonderful weekend!!

Went to the bank at the crack of dawn and closed account. Guess what ? As we sat there with the customer service agent, the "tief" hit our account twice for 288 and 456 dollars! :o Ridiculous.

Anyway, I just kept giving thanks while we waited and did not get cranky and I spoke softly to the lady. The bank returned all the stolen money... close to $1800....and we opened a new account. Henry is now telling me I have to pay all our bills by check. :crying: But I will do as he says even though its a pain.

I told him whatever decision he made is all right. I'll cope. :innocent:

Just be careful everyone. Our information is being sold left and right. So just monitor your finances closely.

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline

Melodee: Raassclo** Mel! Yuh gwaan like wan rhaatid eediat or mongrel dawg. Turn dis wey and dat. Cha!*She grabs a small hand mirror and further inspects the damage to her once glorious mane. Melodee is angry enough to cancel her date tonight. She wonders if Chantell will help her get a bottle of acid.* Likkle Miss Farrin mi nuh finish wid yuh rass!

*Melodee sighs with indignation, and pulls her long tresses into a high ponytail. The driver pulls up just as she grabs her clutch. She prances effortlessly to the waiting cab, and climbs in without paying attention to her driver.*

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Went to the bank at the crack of dawn and closed account. Guess what ? As we sat there with the customer service agent, the "tief" hit our account twice for 288 and 456 dollars! :o Ridiculous.

Anyway, I just kept giving thanks while we waited and did not get cranky and I spoke softly to the lady. The bank returned all the stolen money... close to $1800....and we opened a new account. Henry is now telling me I have to pay all our bills by check. :crying: But I will do as he says even though its a pain.

Just be careful everyone. Our information is being sold left and right. So just monitor your finances closely.

Dyam Chica...THAT'S HORRIBLE!!!! How people suh wicked, eh? I hope all this gets cleared up for you soon. This all happened cause you pay your bills online?

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

I am getting better everyday...I usually don't type it because I am only online at work and to switch back and forth in my head gets confusing.

I once answered the phones (I am the receptionist) in my best patois slur of "Good Mawning, how cyan mi help unoh?" and just about died when everyone kind of looked at me funny and I had to repeat myself to the poor caller :lol: Since then I try not to think too much patois at work :lol:

LOL. I did this once at work too. I was not happy about being switched to another department to help out because the supervisor was not right at all. She never knew which way was up, and she used to change direction over and over again. One day she came over to tell me not to score one of her reps down on Quality observation that she told should have been scored down. I looked at her and said "LOW MI STAR! kiss teet* She responded with a dumbfounded look and "Huh"....and I tried to play it off. She walked away shrugging her shoulders and shaking her head. WAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIEEE

This happens a lot it seems. I have a Guyanese friend/client who was raised here and he went back home and married a girl and brought her up - so at home they were speaking creolese (our patois) all day. At work his staff kept complaining that he spoke in another language before he gave any kind of explanation. He was like what? They said yes, you say something thats NOT english. This went on for a while. Now one day I was at his office and had a meeting with about six of them. He was explaining some of the issues they were having and his assistant said "Stop! right there! THATS it you just said it! WHat is that??" I started laughing because I heard it too...and understood. I solved the mystery by telling that he said "Now 'ear dis ting". :lol::yes: I guess in Guyana its like saying "Lissen me" or in spanish saying "Mira" or "bueno" before you start talking. :) Whatever. He said it so fast that it sounded like one word: noweardisting. :lol:

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline
Melodee: Raassclo** Mel! Yuh gwaan like wan rhaatid eediat or mongrel dawg. Turn dis wey and dat. Cha!*She grabs a small hand mirror and further inspects the damage to her once glorious mane. Melodee is angry enough to cancel her date tonight. She wonders if Chantell will help her get a bottle of acid.* Likkle Miss Farrin mi nuh finish wid yuh rass!

*Melodee sighs with indignation, and pulls her long tresses into a high ponytail. The driver pulls up just as she grabs her clutch. She prances effortlessly to the waiting cab, and climbs in without paying attention to her driver.*

Ahhhh Bwoy.... If yuh ask mi Chantell need fi fine a new friend cause Melodee nuh stop bring deh gyal sufferation!! :lol:

Gill

(It's good Jawi...keep hit coming!...If yuh cyan :D )

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Dyam Chica...THAT'S HORRIBLE!!!! How people suh wicked, eh? I hope all this gets cleared up for you soon. This all happened cause you pay your bills online?

Gill

Henry is convinced it is due to my online banking activities. I have written three checks in as many years. He says I am "hoverexposed" due to online activity. LOL My brother and boss disagree. They said the thief could have gotten my bank account info from many places.

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Timeline

This happens a lot it seems. I have a Guyanese friend/client who was raised here and he went back home and married a girl and brought her up - so at home they were speaking creolese (our patois) all day. At work his staff kept complaining that he spoke in another language before he gave any kind of explanation. He was like what? They said yes, you say something thats NOT english. This went on for a while. Now one day I was at his office and had a meeting with about six of them. He was explaining some of the issues they were having and his assistant said "Stop! right there! THATS it you just said it! WHat is that??" I started laughing because I heard it too...and understood. I solved the mystery by telling that he said "Now 'ear dis ting". :lol::yes: I guess in Guyana its like saying "Lissen me" or in spanish saying "Mira" or "bueno" before you start talking. :) Whatever. He said it so fast that it sounded like one word: noweardisting. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

me friken melodee

melodee friken me

i am scared of melodee

melodee scares me

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm glad you got a new account and the $ back. Technology is a blessing and a curse - we are able to do things a lot easier but that freedom comes with a price :(.

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mi wanda a who drive di red plate...

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm glad you got a new account and the $ back. Technology is a blessing and a curse - we are able to do things a lot easier but that freedom comes with a price :(.

So true :(

I am glad that you got it taken care of before it was an even bigger problem. Very thankful the bank returned the stolen money. I can't believe people these days :angry:

I heard a startling figure this morning on the news...something like 55-60% of Americans are living on 120% of their income every month :o So each month they are spending 20% more than they make...this is happening on a MONTHLY basis *kissteet* People dem too dyam greedy and dem a gwaan spend di plastic money like foolishness.

Timeline

So true :(

I am glad that you got it taken care of before it was an even bigger problem. Very thankful the bank returned the stolen money. I can't believe people these days :angry:

I heard a startling figure this morning on the news...something like 55-60% of Americans are living on 120% of their income every month :o So each month they are spending 20% more than they make...this is happening on a MONTHLY basis *kissteet* People dem too dyam greedy and dem a gwaan spend di plastic money like foolishness.

Girl,

You are so right!! It like you feel more and more pressure fi use plastic! Like I gave up all my plastic in July...stop using it...even my bank Visa card...strictly cash! Now, I'm looking to book a ticket to Rebel Salute in January and I gotta go get a Visa card to pay for the trip...it irks mi cause. My finances were on POINT since July...I couldn't spend what I didn'[t have!!

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.