jawi876

My name ain't Stella....

3,691 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wow, I'm on page 43 of the thread already. And I just started reading it yesterday! It's addicting. Now I see why all you ladies been hiding out over here on this thread ;)

I am right behind you on page 40. I am trying to catch up.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:lol: mi neva hear dat one, but different dialect wid different parish. St Anns Bay mi man a bawn an grow - him mek mi laff wid "Pleasant Good Evelin" (evening) and "Ray Tay Tay" (kinda like how we say "Blah Blah Blah" here in the Bay Area)

Oh I know that Bay Area slang personally. I lived up that way for 8 years during and after college. And being from So CAL I had to learn a whole new language up there! The words that come up out of Oakland and Sac are ridiculous. Now that I am back in LA I am getting the slang down here again but i have a tendency to mix and match the 2 parts of the state and some of the stuff that comes out of my mouth.....i swear only I understand it half the time. The funny part is most people who hang around me start to talk like me. So hubby is all into learning the lingo over here as much as I'm into learning the lingo over there in JA. But he's got a bad teacher in me cause I just make up stuff! Its hilarious to hear him speak in my slang and actually used it in the right sentence.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Re: forbidden fruit...I don't get it either. I know we had this convo in the yardie thread a long time back and some women said that it isn't a prob for their hubby and others won't even think about it. I don't get it either...whenever I talk to hubby I never get a real answer. I am guessing it is a hygeine type of problem...not sure though...

I heard that it is only Rasta men that won't do it :blink: My hubby loves the "forbidden fruit" :devil:

Girl it ain't only Rasta men, cause they do it too no doubt! its all about personal preference. I don't know ANY man that DOESN'T do it from what they tell me...soooooo....to each is own yuh knoa.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

LOL Bubbla! My boss left and as soon as that elevator door closed it was a mass exodus. Only myself and the General Counsel are left. So its dead at work too.

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline

Dear Rhonda, Jonesie and Jamie,

I was gone for like what? 7 months? I come back and I still have more hearts than you! What's up with that???? I might have to take away your riddim rider and champion bubbler trophies!!! :lol::lol: Ok so get to chattin!

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well I am only 118 posts away from that next heart...and I took a break from VJ for a few months so I fell behind :blush:

Just cause we doan chat like yuh nah mean yuh can take wey our titles...we earned dem titles fi skills other dan chattin' :whistle::innocent::lol:

Timeline
Well I am only 118 posts away from that next heart...and I took a break from VJ for a few months so I fell behind :blush:

Just cause we doan chat like yuh nah mean yuh can take wey our titles...we earned dem titles fi skills other dan chattin' :whistle::innocent::lol:

:lol::lol:

well since smaddy get fluent! :yes:

yuh nah easy feh true!

Ah right well since me still in a training feh wan non-chattin tikle, me best nah draw nobaddy tongue! :lol:

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Timeline

well since smaddy get fluent! :yes:

yuh nah easy feh true!

Ah right well since me still in a training feh wan non-chattin tikle, me best nah draw nobaddy tongue! :lol:

:lol: Keep up with that training :dance:

I am getting better everyday...I usually don't type it because I am only online at work and to switch back and forth in my head gets confusing.

I once answered the phones (I am the receptionist) in my best patois slur of "Good Mawning, how cyan mi help unoh?" and just about died when everyone kind of looked at me funny and I had to repeat myself to the poor caller :lol: Since then I try not to think too much patois at work :lol:

Edited by Yardiewife

Timeline
I would just like to say I miss everyone :cry: This place has been dead for hours :dead:

Girl me too...this is like the week from hell...I NEED A VACATION !!! NOW !!!

hey everyone ..yardie u deh yah ? EH mi si u to ;)

Kimmy

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yardie or anyone,

How can you tell how many hearts or boxes (in my case) you are away from the next one? I feel like I've been stuck at 8 FOREVER!!!! :lol:

Thanks,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

Gil wid dem deh breed a chatting mi suprise u no have all starts yet...ahhahaa :lol::lol: u can go to my control and look to ur right and it shows u how many posts u've made already :)

I am here...I am here...only 35 minutes til I can go home :dance:

good for u :thumbs: i'm soooo happy its friday..well tomorrow :lol:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Yep see how many posts you have...I think it is 750 posts to be platinum so you can change what is says under your avatar and then 1000 for a heart and another heart every 1000 posts.

Thursday the MINUTE I get off work I play the Wyclef song...Low Income (Thank God It's Friday)...totally gets me in the mood to be able to face one more day at work :lol:

Timeline
Yep see how many posts you have...I think it is 750 posts to be platinum so you can change what is says under your avatar and then 1000 for a heart and another heart every 1000 posts.

Thursday the MINUTE I get off work I play the Wyclef song...Low Income (Thank God It's Friday)...totally gets me in the mood to be able to face one more day at work :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.