jawi876

My name ain't Stella....

3,691 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mi love mi legz..dem bow and mi hubby caan get enough actually no one even women...and my eyes dem chinky..woaiiiii... :lol::lol:

eeehhnnn? Whaa de oomen cyan get enuff? Mi nuh rate yuh foots dem mi gyal. Mi and yuh his tight...but mi nuh care ow righted yuh foot dem stay...mi nuh rate dem. :blink::whistle:

Oonu wan mad set...faada! :lol: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: nuff no admit it...hahahhaaa

Gwaan tru Bowlegged Lou! :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: Bowlegged Lou - was he in Full Force?

yep...Kimmy just needs the curly mullet. waaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiieeeeeee

hahaaa..u know it :blush::devil:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
Wow Jawi you are going through a lot.

You are in my prayers (F)

Only more testimony about God's grace and goodness. I don't want to sound like I am complaining or anything, not looking for sympathy. I try to let joy be what I project. I like making people smile or laugh. God will not bring me to something that he won't bring me through.

I have been trying to figure out your version of patwah...what does "dae" mean?

Jawi........the African Krio my fiance speaks : Ah dae go cook = I am going to cook.

Hope I don't confuse everyone else with my Krio. :wacko: It is fun for me to read your patwah. I should start a thread to practice Krio

in the sub-saharan forum :) but like hanging with you guys too even though the ' tok is no same '.

Yes, God won't lead you where His grace won't keep you :innocent: We have to go through it and not around it but with God come out victorious.

Hey Omob's,

It amazes me how similar Krio & Patwah are in many ways...although it's a half a world away...we are closer than you think...I LOVE THAT!!! Please share some of your Krio phrases wid us...when you get a chance! I love learning about new cultures and places How's your Journey going? Any better trying to get a K1 from Sierra Lione than Jamaica?? You are always welcome here!! It's 'Jawi's United Nations Forum'...wid a Yardie twang :lol:

Bless Bless,

Gill

United Nations Forum...........hey ah leke dat ! Mi fiance wok fer UNHCR som tem ago.

We dae go git soccer team eh ?

Any better K1 from S/L than Ja you asked ? Girl just read my signature ........dis embassy mek mi craz fer sure.

Neva worse one .........aaahhhhh :girlwerewolf2xn:

Big * kissteet * ( also African thing to do when upset ).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:lol: Hubby is always talking about those bandy legged girls...I am a bit and he says thats a good thing...must be a JA guy thing

About the puttus thing...that is the same definition I had and he said as well. Sweety or a term of endearment. He just didn't think girls should say it to girls...it is only for "lovers" :lol:

awww...how cute. Girls can get away with a lot more and not mean more if you know what I mean. BTW...I am on my meds today. I am a mellow girlo...:D

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jawi –wow, you are a trooper, a fighter girl. Tell me the name a di vitamin you taking cause I want some, you write (one hell of a story and you still going at it), then there is your family life that you are taking care of. You are going through this visa journey and a divorce, mi puttus mi no know how you doing it but di good lawd really a watch ovah you.

“I have been pushing through the pain EVERY day, dealing with my stepdaughter having an enlarged heart, in desperate need of surgery and my sweetie suffering because of it. He loves his girls and my boys, and his spirit is broken because Jamaica doesn't care that he can't afford her surgery. It is so hard to watch the man I love suffer, and I can't do a dang thing about it.”

I am really sorry about this god really will provide for you and your family

Afternoon Ms. Kimmy, How is your day going?

Ms Classychic-I am glad you are learning patois, it very simple mi dey fi 12 years now and if a nevah fi dis ya forum mi wouldn’t memba a lick a patois. :0 , well reading and writing it. You are at the right place though.

Gill you still making us laugh, how is your day going?

Jonesie, how are you and the baby?

Good Morning all!

The driving chuckle :help: SO TRUE!!! :lol:

I agree about the reading patois thing...it definitely helps you learn it and become familiar with it. When you haven't been to yard for a while it is so easy to lose the patois flow.

So a question for ya...how would you define puttus? I thought I knew but I was talking to hubby yesterday and he told me it had a different meaning and it wouldn't be something that a girl would call a girl...now I am all confused :wacko:

I was told that it was a term of endearment...like sweetie...or honey.

:thumbs::yes::yes::yes:

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Timeline

I have never been able to get an honest answer to this one. A married Jamaican man once called me his little cho-cho. One person told me it was vulgar and referred to my pums. Another told me that it was a term of endearment...yet another told me that I didn't want to know what it meant.

A told me that he didn't have a clue what he meant by it...but it seemed to bother him. What does it mean? Don't be afraid...I'm tough...I can handle the meaning...even in PM. :devil:

Phatty...

There is no vitamin I'm afraid. The divorce is not life altering, in that I have been trying to get it for the last 2.5 to 3 years now. His constant begging to come home was more stressing.

My family life is stressing because our hands are tied concerning his little girl. Neither of us can do anything to get her the help she needs right now. Unfortunately, A and I have had some recent struggles in our relationship because of this. He wants to be a man and take care of things all by himself. He doesn't want me to worry or stress because of the pain I'm in...so he pulled away from me. He stopped communicating with me about it (which is what led to the little breakdown I had).

Our visa journey has not started yet because of my pending divorce. I try to lean on the Lord because without Him, I could NEVER NEVER EVER make it. We will start the visa journey when God directs our path, and orders our steps toward marriage. I stay in prayer that neither of us takes a step without God. We tried to be in control of our relationship, and failed miserably.

Now, we understand that we have to do it God's way or no way. I just ask that you all continue to lift us and his daughter up in prayer. When two or more come together in His name....

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jawi...about the cho-cho thing...I have heard it said before but don't know the meaning...I will ask the hubby and see what he says. If you find out could you either post it here or PM...I am super curious now :lol:

:lol: Hubby is always talking about those bandy legged girls...I am a bit and he says thats a good thing...must be a JA guy thing

About the puttus thing...that is the same definition I had and he said as well. Sweety or a term of endearment. He just didn't think girls should say it to girls...it is only for "lovers" :lol:

awww...how cute. Girls can get away with a lot more and not mean more if you know what I mean. BTW...I am on my meds today. I am a mellow girlo...:D

Glad to see ya mellow :) Are the meds helping with the pain?

I totally know what you mean about girls getting away with more...I tried to explain that to the hubby but he wasn't interested :lol: He just smiled and said "oh you crazy VJ girls" :lol:

Timeline
I have never been able to get an honest answer to this one. A married Jamaican man once called me his little cho-cho. One person told me it was vulgar and referred to my pums. Another told me that it was a term of endearment...yet another told me that I didn't want to know what it meant.

A told me that he didn't have a clue what he meant by it...but it seemed to bother him. What does it mean? Don't be afraid...I'm tough...I can handle the meaning...even in PM. :devil:

Phatty...

There is no vitamin I'm afraid. The divorce is not life altering, in that I have been trying to get it for the last 2.5 to 3 years now. His constant begging to come home was more stressing.

My family life is stressing because our hands are tied concerning his little girl. Neither of us can do anything to get her the help she needs right now. Unfortunately, A and I have had some recent struggles in our relationship because of this. He wants to be a man and take care of things all by himself. He doesn't want me to worry or stress because of the pain I'm in...so he pulled away from me. He stopped communicating with me about it (which is what led to the little breakdown I had).

Our visa journey has not started yet because of my pending divorce. I try to lean on the Lord because without Him, I could NEVER NEVER EVER make it. We will start the visa journey when God directs our path, and orders our steps toward marriage. I stay in prayer that neither of us takes a step without God. We tried to be in control of our relationship, and failed miserably.

Now, we understand that we have to do it God's way or no way. I just ask that you all continue to lift us and his daughter up in prayer. When two or more come together in His name....

girl 'im neva have nuttin betta fi seh.....cho-cho mean pums..but mi know why 'im woulda cal u 'im cho-cho...kissteet....unless 'im waan a piece a u pums..ahhahaaa :whistle:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Ok guys...since we haven't had another installment I got a question for ya...

So I got patois down pretty good and all the basic slang but I need some new coughcoughdirtycough words to add to the vocab to blow away the hubby. When I said "anaconda bite sweet" he just about died...I need to have some new vocab. Got any?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So I got patois down pretty good and all the basic slang but I need some new coughcoughdirtycough words to add to the vocab to blow away the hubby. When I said "anaconda bite sweet" he just about died...I need to have some new vocab. Got any?

:blink::lol::lol::lol::lol: :energetic: :energetic: :energetic: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::crying: :crying:Good fi yuh Yardie...spice hup deh bedroom yes!!!I need to think about yuh question, cause usually I can't even think tuh speak, Other than deh usual!

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Jawi...about the cho-cho thing...I have heard it said before but don't know the meaning...I will ask the hubby and see what he says. If you find out could you either post it here or PM...I am super curious now :lol:

Glad to see ya mellow :) Are the meds helping with the pain?

I totally know what you mean about girls getting away with more...I tried to explain that to the hubby but he wasn't interested :lol: He just smiled and said "oh you crazy VJ girls" :lol:

I actually took the meds last night, and they didn't wear off until around 2:00 PM. They don't take the pain and burn away...they just make me not care so much. Like ow...it hurts...but who cares. LOL

Phatty...

girl 'im neva have nuttin betta fi seh.....cho-cho mean pums..but mi know why 'im woulda cal u 'im cho-cho...kissteet....unless 'im waan a piece a u pums..ahhahaaa :whistle:

I thought that was what it meant...I didn't want to believe that he would be that rude and especially in front of his wife. She kiss teet and walked away. I was shocked and appalled because it was my first time meeting them. When she didn't address it, I figured my patwah was off.

Tell im sey yuh wan fe sit pon buddy like chair....or yuh need de cocky. Tell im yuh pums sell hoff and yuh step hout inna de video light. waaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiieeeeeeee ((((Yardie))))) love you puttus.

oh...you can tell im dat im hood mek yuh pums stawt swell.

Edited by jawi876

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Timeline

just whisper and tell him ...IT a jump :)....plus "mi 'ave di good 'ole, mi so tight" he i going to want to come thru thone unless he's here and then 'im a go jump u bones ...hahhahahaaa :innocent::devil:

walk good

Kmmy

Timeline
Dh's brother has a megaphone and the number is always showing up different...never gave it much thought.

Jawi (((BIG HUGS))) Sorry that you are in so much pain :( I can't even imagine how hard it is for you. I will be praying for ya girl! Can you go back to work PT til surgery?

The different numbers u guys see on the caller ID when someone calls from the megafon are routing numbers via level 3 communications. Hope everyones having a wonderful day :)

(((JALove))) I've been thinking bout you sweetie. I knew Mr. man was coming in soon and I hadn't you on in awhile. How does it feel to have him close to you? I can't wait for that feeling.

Its nice :) he is currently re-arranging the apartment i say what are ya doin he says im workin u will see when u get home and he calls and says um baby there are some clothes here that go to good will i say no we just went there he says no i think ur not going to wear these lol u will see hahah. We have food issues so far hes not liking much of the food the first nite we bought two meals first one he hated said what is this rubbish! it was cluck u chicken im glad i did not go fly with him it was even better to see him come thru the doors at the airport after waiting an hour and 15 min, the person that checked him in in immigrations was from portland he talked the man ta death, so on the ride home he was im amazement at how big everything was and the airport too and he approved of my driving lol he would nto let me drive in jamaica after my first drive of the rental car so now hes bored at home wants to work really bad hes stuck in the tv im sure he watch ten movies a day but i come home he says are u hungry and sometimes had food waiting :) i have to get used to that its wonderful coming home to him we still have our little tiffs but they are nothin like when we were apart i do think this process can put a strain on ur relationship we get along much better together his fam misses him alot they call all day he was pretty much the one holding everything together there so its alot of adjusting for him and them and he misses home the first two days were really great! u will never forget that the first week the first two days he just looked around the apartment sayin ahh i have my work cut out for me lol u have so much things i cant even think haahhso we go to MD this weekend and then he can try the seafood never had crab so this should be fun too and he can see diff state im looking forward to it i just wish it was warm out so we can go to the harbor i had to take a breather from VJ posting lol but im back here :)

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.