GlenAndLisa

How Do You Deal With The Pain?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Glen and I have been a couple for two years now. We've only spent about six weeks of those two years in person together. Although we try to chat on Skype every day, it's been growing much more difficult for us to deal with the pain of being apart. Every little delay with the Visa looks bigger than it really is. I can't sleep or eat properly. I cry every day. I feel physically sick.

I know that my feelings aren't abnormal, and I know I'm not alone. I've been trying to deal with stuff one step at a time, and it does seem to help a bit. I try not to think about what could go wrong! I think if I did that, I'd go absolutely mad!

I want to be with Glen. I love him so much. He fits with me perfectly. He's my best friend and my partner. I'm just so incredibly sad right now! :(

How is everyone dealing with the pain? How do you keep your spirits up and stay positive?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Lots & lots of e-mails and phone calls. One of the best things we did is set up Yahoo accounts and we can see each other and talk via computer. Gotta love modern technology.

Hang in there. It sucks but it will be worth it.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Daily communication....and lots of patience. Keep yourself busy.

Also, keep in mind, people have come before you with those same feelings. They have made it and so can you. And, always keep the finish line in view.....it is coming. Just hang in there.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Daily communication....and lots of patience. Keep yourself busy.

Also, keep in mind, people have come before you with those same feelings. They have made it and so can you. And, always keep the finish line in view.....it is coming. Just hang in there.

I can't even image going through the process without webcams.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Be strong! I'm sure we all know exactly how you feel.

I definitely share your pain! For me, some days are better than others... I can go for a few days agonizing over absolutely everything and depressing myself, but then I suddenly think, we have this fantastic thing going on here, this whole process is making us stronger as a couple, it is forcing us to get to know eachother properly before jumping into anything. I also think to myself that today is one day closer to happiness.

We speak on the phone every day, we talk about everything, if I am having a crappy day, we talk about it. Same goes for him.

Just remember exactly why you are both putting yourselves through this, concentrate on the future, start planning things for the future; how you want your house to look, what are you going to do for your first holiday together, all that kind of stuff. Keep yourself busy.

It'll all be worth it in the end. In a few months time we will probably be looking back on all this saying 'well, that wasn't all that bad...' (Maybe... lol)

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

I totally understand and know how you feel Lisa. Me and Lara have only seen each other 3 times in a span of nearly 2 years, approx about 6-7 weeks. It does suck and we cant even apply for the K1 yet as i'm still married, but i'm hoping by end of Jan or Feb we can get things going. We just talk everyday to give each other that emotional support we need. Its very important to keep that communication going and seeing each other on cam as much as possible. Keeps telling yourself 1 day less, 1 step closer. Keep your chin up hun.

beach_1_001.jpg

Timeline

Hey I just looked at your timeline, you really haven't got that much time left to wait! Now you have received packet 3 and stuff it all goes a lot faster!

Hang in there!!! :thumbs:

Our K1 Journey

Now for AOS!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I kept daydreaming how life would be when we were finally together and kept myself as occupied as possible.

Hang in there :thumbs:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

I tried and tried to deal with it and finally I gave up and quit my job and moved back to England for the entire process. I would have gone mad without doing it. Hang in there...it will happen! It will all be worth it in the end I promise.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

I feel your pain just like every ones else here does

we had web cam but mine was really REALLY crapy and it made it very hard one us we used messenger and phone calls thast the ony thing that made it better hearing his voice first thing in the morning and the last thing i heard at night , those 9 months were hard but at leat you in between those 2 years have seen each other in our case those 9 months we never saw each other in person until 3 days before the wedding, so i hope in away it makes you feel better :):hehe::lol: , but just hand in there be strong it will be over soon :)

3dflags_pri0001-0001a.gif3dflags_aus0001-0001a.gif

Oct 29 2004 Met on LDSPLANET

Oct 30 2004 First phone call....EVERY DAY till this day

Dec 25 2004 I asked him to MARRY me and he said Yes

March 19 2005 took out my passport now i need to wait

April 19 2005 I GOT MY PASSPORT !!!!

April 21 2005 NENNE booked his flight he get here on June 29th YES!!!!

May 9 2005 I-130 Packet and Packet 3 are being sent off to us !!!

May 15 2005 Recived packet 1-3

June 29 2005 Nenne arrived in Puerto Rico

July 2 2005 GOT MARRIEDbadassbuddy_com-inlove2.gif

July 11 2005 Got our Marriage Certificate

Leaving August 17th to Australia and file for DCF !!!

July 19 2005 Got interview date on Sept. 6

August 17th Got to AUSTRALIA !!!

SEPTEMBER 6 DCF (CR1)WE GOT APPROVED !!!!

September 9 2005 Recived VISA in mail

November 24 2005 Nennes POE GUAM

November 26 2005 Arrived in Puerto Rico

Married for 3 years and counting

September 10 2007 sending off the I-571

Sept 2007 sent forms Aug 2008 got 10 yr Green Card

We're in a situation where all we have is email. The cams were sooo nice. Can't talk on the phone too much cause of cost. Like William, we are waiting for his divorce to be final before we can do anything.

It's a road of ups and downs, but like everyone here says, it's worth it in the end, and everyday brings you one day closer. (L)

Timeline
We're in a situation where all we have is email. The cams were sooo nice. Can't talk on the phone too much cause of cost. Like William, we are waiting for his divorce to be final before we can do anything.

It's a road of ups and downs, but like everyone here says, it's worth it in the end, and everyday brings you one day closer. (L)

Have you thought of using phonecards to call?

If calling from England try the post office international calling cards, they are excellent!

But recently, I have found this company Pingo.com you get 9 hours worth of talk time from England to America for £11 and about 10 hours for $11 from America to England. It's definitely worth doing! It has saved us SO much money.. Obviously it's still not as cheap as email :lol: But talking is so much better!

Oh and I forgot to say, it keeps a record of all your calls too! Which is useful as proof of an ongoing relationship at the interview :thumbs:

Edited by toshtishtash

Our K1 Journey

Now for AOS!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The more I dwelt on the process, the more frustrated / anxious I got. I soon realized that I couldn't do that for the sake of my sanity, for our sanity (he found it harder not to dwell than I did), so I made a conscious effort to not call USCIS or check the website for an update on our case twenty times a day. I got educated about approximate timelines and vowed not to get upset until the processing dates went past our filing date. I worked a lot of overtime. My mom and I had fun planning and shopping for the wedding. We talked every day, but made an effort not to talk about our separation all that much.

Keep your eye on "the prize" -- the two of you being together -- don't focus on what you don't have right now. You're already making yourself sick, to ease the stress on your body you have to find ways to deal with your situation. We all understand where you are at right now, there's some great advice and support in this thread alone. It's gonna be ok :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Be strong! I'm sure we all know exactly how you feel.

I definitely share your pain! For me, some days are better than others... I can go for a few days agonizing over absolutely everything and depressing myself, but then I suddenly think, we have this fantastic thing going on here, this whole process is making us stronger as a couple, it is forcing us to get to know eachother properly before jumping into anything. I also think to myself that today is one day closer to happiness.

We speak on the phone every day, we talk about everything, if I am having a crappy day, we talk about it. Same goes for him.

Just remember exactly why you are both putting yourselves through this, concentrate on the future, start planning things for the future; how you want your house to look, what are you going to do for your first holiday together, all that kind of stuff. Keep yourself busy.

It'll all be worth it in the end. In a few months time we will probably be looking back on all this saying 'well, that wasn't all that bad...' (Maybe... lol)

I was going to comment but this pretty much sums up my exact experience and way of thinking. Couldn't have put it better myself :)