polarbear

Wake up sleepy heads!

82 posts in this topic

Jackie's progress report

My mood is: content

I smoke too much. (insert appropriate smile smoking face)

I shop too much (how many purses do I really need?).

Still eating next to nothing, but it has its benefits.

I don't cry anymore. :thumbs: Took 3 months to dry my eyes. Have not cried since I left Texas. I took all my pain and sadness, set it symbolically next to the plane and flew home. Did not bring the memories back with me. Came home and cleaned every room in my house. Getting away did me a world of good. Next road trip, driving to the East Coast in December. :P

So all things considered, life is finally looking up, now that I am 'off the floor'.

I am back on top at work and the #1 sales writer----where I should be. :yes: I am happy there are lights at the end of my tunnels.

J (F)

:luv: that is wonderful to hear.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

A woman really can't ever have too many purses. :no:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
Jackie's progress report

I don't cry anymore. :thumbs: Took 3 months to dry my eyes. Have not cried since I left Texas. I took all my pain and sadness, set it symbolically next to the plane and flew home. Did not bring the memories back with me. Came home and cleaned every room in my house. Getting away did me a world of good. Next road trip, driving to the East Coast in December. :P

So all things considered, life is finally looking up, now that I am 'off the floor'.

I am back on top at work and the #1 sales writer----where I should be. :yes: I am happy there are lights at the end of my tunnels.

J (F)

:thumbs: I admire you and your strength, you have my greatest respect :luv:

Hugs,

Ayesha (F)

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Jackie's progress report

J (F)

(F) I'm glad things are looking up for you :)(F)

There's always lights at the end of the tunnels - sometimes even pretty sparkly ones :luv:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yay Jackie! Things are looking up!

Purses are a good thing! When I was in high school I didn't want a purse or wallet so I carried my keys, ID, cell phone and whatever else I had in a zip lock bag. That was my low point. :lol: After college my Mom bought me a nice purse and said that I have to look more professional. Oopsies!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Jackie's progress report

J (F)

Miss Jackie,

Do you have a favorite designer when it comes to the purses you buy? :)

Rock on with the purses sistah Jackie. I have one of those giant rubbermaid tubs FULL of purses, and I still buy more. Purses are a therapeutic purchase. Cleaning out an old purse and organizing the new one is like cleansing the soul. Very purifying, very satisfying. It almost as good as cleaning the whole house. And lets face, the purse holds as much of my life as the rest of the house does. I am prepared for any emergency that requires 10 pennies, a hairbrush, a mall map, and doublemint gum!

I reccomend Ross for new purse therapy. :)

My morning has been filled with assorted kicks and whacks from my miniature moroccan dumpling. Its as if he's got his little foot on my bladder and saying "ON! OFF! ON! OFF! ON! OFF!". Kinda like that insurance commerical where the guy keeps flipping the garage door switch on his neighbor's car hood.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'm not really into purses, or shoes, or shopping in general.

Today I have a black bag and brown shoes. Horrifying, I know.

Sarah I like your ziploc bag idea....

The horror!

What happened is that I used to just carry everything in my pockets of hands and one time I left everything at a friends house in a big pile and her Mom returned everything to me in a ziplock bag and I ended up using it for almost 2 years. :)

Jackie- I have a Coach purse and it's black.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I love Coach, but to be honest have never bought one for myself, they are so expensive....I was given one for a present.

I also like the straw purses for summer from Brighton, very girlie and sweet.

If I even look at any of these two designers and seriously thinking of buying I will be doing it at an outlet mall. LOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:o Please tell me you aren't wearing white after Labor Day too!

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

LOL, I couldn't care less!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

LOL, I couldn't care less!

I just looked down and realized I was wearing a black belt with brown shoes.

My grandmother is probably rolling in her grave. :lol:

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.