LadyNoles

Wheres all the privileges to be canadian

75 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:unsure: Is there any canadian like me that is kind of upset to have to go through all that ####### since 1991 due to fact that other countries been "visa frauding" United States????

Its ridiculous in my opinion...but oh well just needed to let go some steam i guess hehe :lol:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
:unsure: Is there any canadian like me that is kind of upset to have to go through all that ####### since 1991 due to fact that other countries been "visa frauding" United States????

Its ridiculous in my opinion...but oh well just needed to let go some steam i guess hehe :lol:

Canadians are special ? I think not. My fiancee is real and we are going to have to wait 9- 11 months for our visa. So suck it up and join the club. Plus its damn cheap to visit Canada during the wait, try saving the money to fly to china on a regular basis, then post again.

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

So suck it up and join the club. Plus its damn cheap to visit Canada during the wait, try saving the money to fly to china on a regular basis, then post again.

Now there really isn't any need for that kind of attitude..

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
So suck it up and join the club. Plus its damn cheap to visit Canada during the wait, try saving the money to fly to china on a regular basis, then post again.

No, there isn't; however, I can understand the frustration presented in it. The OP gave the impression that "since Canadians are such-and-such way, they shouldn't have to jump through the same hoops as everyone else." That's bound to rub some people the wrong way. After all, Canada is a foreign country (as many Canadians are so fond of reminding Americans), so it only makes sense that Canadians are subject to the same processes that every other foreign national is as well.

I agree, super rude.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Does (or did it) bother me? Not at all. One could make arguments that maybe certain countries should get special treatment,and some other (maybe communist ones) should be way down the list! But I think everyone should be treated the same. We planned accordingly and wasn't in a huge rush. Were not running a dash, in it for the marathon!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

No, there isn't; however, I can understand the frustration presented in it. The OP gave the impression that "since Canadians are such-and-such way, they shouldn't have to jump through the same hoops as everyone else." That's bound to rub some people the wrong way. After all, Canada is a foreign country (as many Canadians are so fond of reminding Americans), so it only makes sense that Canadians are subject to the same processes that every other foreign national is as well.

Deadpool you are right....I understand that the process needs to be the same for all countries to be fair but I guess some Canadians feel that since we are neighbours to the states and have a "relationship" that we should have it easier....whatever, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Being rude is uncalled for though ;)

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is easy for Canadians to forget that Canada and the US are indeed totally separate and individually sovereign nations. I had that point brought home to me a number of years ago when I was driving across the border for a day's visit. As some of you may know, Quebec did not issue birth certificates until fairly recently and having been born in Quebec, I had no birth certificate. When I reached the border, the guard asked for my birth certificate and I carefully explained that Quebec had not issued one. She bluntly informed me that she did not care what Quebec did or did not do; the US was a foreign country and if I was a Canadian requesting admission to the US, I needed to prove I was a Canadian citizen for her to allow me to enter as a Canadian. It was an abrupt awakening for me - but she was absolutely right. I had assumed that as a Canadian I had a certain right to expect Americans to treat me as special at the border. I am grateful to that border guard for setting me straight - and for allowing me to cross after all on the meager identification that I had. I never made that mistake again. Quebec shortly afterwards did start issuing retroactive birth certificates and I obtained one.

Canada is indeed a foreign country and the US has every right to request whatever documentation they require from foreign nationals - regardless of what country they come from, including Canada. We are not Americans - we are Canadians. There is a difference. The privileges of being a Canadian are available to us - in Canada.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

well said kathyrn

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

It is easy for Canadians to forget that Canada and the US are indeed totally separate and individually sovereign nations. I had that point brought home to me a number of years ago when I was driving across the border for a day's visit. As some of you may know, Quebec did not issue birth certificates until fairly recently and having been born in Quebec, I had no birth certificate. When I reached the border, the guard asked for my birth certificate and I carefully explained that Quebec had not issued one. She bluntly informed me that she did not care what Quebec did or did not do; the US was a foreign country and if I was a Canadian requesting admission to the US, I needed to prove I was a Canadian citizen for her to allow me to enter as a Canadian. It was an abrupt awakening for me - but she was absolutely right. I had assumed that as a Canadian I had a certain right to expect Americans to treat me as special at the border. I am grateful to that border guard for setting me straight - and for allowing me to cross after all on the meager identification that I had. I never made that mistake again. Quebec shortly afterwards did start issuing retroactive birth certificates and I obtained one.

Canada is indeed a foreign country and the US has every right to request whatever documentation they require from foreign nationals - regardless of what country they come from, including Canada. We are not Americans - we are Canadians. There is a difference. The privileges of being a Canadian are available to us - in Canada.

Nicely put :thumbs:

I've had so many people say to me "You need to do what?? It's the States!!! We are Canadians, why is it so hard?" and I'm like...it's another country...we are Canadian, it's another country, it's that simple.

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Timeline

Welcome to the Canada forum! :blink:

Timeline
That's why I moved the thread here..

OP would get eaten alive out there

shark.jpg

OMG I think I recognize that person from the illegal immigrants in Canada OT thread!! :o

Edited by trailmix

shark.jpg

I'm frightened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHARK!!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.