jrmach1

What is the worst they have done ?

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I only expected a reply from people who "fall in love" on the internet, and, I was not disappointed....

Of course you're going to defend your choices, it's only natural.

Good luck to all and hope you make better choices.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is well known that there is a lot of people who doesn't believe in internet love.Off course when you start telling to your family and friends you felt in love on the internet and you are going to get married they all try to give you a piece of advice either you need it or not and off course they try to convince you of think better what you are doing with your life .

People can tell you all kind of crazy things just in order to make you finish you relationship ,like that they knew somebody in the same situation and he was a PIMP or that marriage it is not going to work because of this or that .In this case people can be really creative.

After they get to know your love many of them change there minds but some others don't.

Now you tell me what has been the craziest things somebody ever told you to try to make you finish your relationship???? :yes:

Someone told me that my SO is American dubious and Unknown background etc. LOL

I listen to myself not to others because I know him better.

You don't have to meet someone on the internet who will abuse or hurt you. A person can just as easily be hurt by someone they meet face to face right in their own neighborhood. In my previous marriage, I knew a man for 3 years, thought him to be the gentlest man alive, everyone else thought the same. Not long into the marriage, He started beating me, I was so beaten down during our marriage I didn't have anything left of myself to even consider leaving, no self esteem, I had given up every aspect of myself, until one day, I discovered that my husband was molesting our 3 year old son! :crying: For my son I could take action, and pursued prosecuting my husband for what he did. Guess what I discovered!!!!!??? My husband was a twice convicted felon, a pedophile, caught for molesting two children previously, years before, and he had a history as a drug dealer. I had no clue! Not one person who knew him knew of this history, from years prior! Everyone thought him this gentle loving good man and father. But in reality he was a pedophile, a drug dealer, and a wife beater. We had known each other face to face on a daily basis for 3 years, and neither I, or anyone who knew us knew his secrets, except his own family. His own family hid the entire truth from me. Wasn't until I sent him to prison that the truth came out that they knew his record and history.

My relationship with M is much more intimate. After the hell of a marriage I went through I remained alone for 13 years because I didn't trust anyone. With the LDR, M and I have been able to get to know each other with the hundreds of hours of talking and writing. We have also made extended visits together here in my own home, he's lived with me for 3 months at a time. I required a credit check and crime check in his country. I know his history, have spoken to his ex wife, and know the score. I have complete faith in M, in his goodness. The likelyhood I would let anyone into my life after what I went through with my first marriage many years ago was slim.

My love isn't looking for a green card. Heck, he offered to let me move to Scotland! He isn't looking for money, he has a lucrative career as a computer technician, excellent credit, and the complete ability to take care of himself. We found each other, and often sit back in wonder at what we have, and we continue to build our relationship both long distance and with multiple visits.

It doesn't matter how a relationship begins, whether in person in your own home town, or online on the internet. What matters is what you do with it to get to know that other person.

After the hell I went through in my marriage I am overly cautious. M has been happy to jump through all of my hoops to show me who he is. I know and trust him more than anyone in my entire life. And he's always understanding and willing to help me to know him better. He knows how I was used and abused. He's a good man, a honest man, and a loving man. The real McCoy. I can only hope I can be the wife that he needs and deserves. :blush:

I met ex through friends...we been together for 4 years (6 to 8months staying in Phils each year) but didn't worked out. He is messing with wrong person. ( :devil: )

anyway, for me it doesn't matter where I met my hubby as long he is not a child molester, pedopile, etc.

I only expected a reply from people who "fall in love" on the internet, and, I was not disappointed....

Of course you're going to defend your choices, it's only natural.

Good luck to all and hope you make better choices.

I met my sweetheart online. We talked for months and months, about anything and everything. I felt a very very strong connection with him and yes, I was falling in love with him, his soul, his mind, him.

Of course actually being together in person could never compare to talking online or on the phone. Some people have immediate attraction online, the feelings are intense and you think it will be amazing when you finally meet and when some do meet in person, the spark fizzles....It's not the same, sadly, but that's just how it goes. Not everyone can be compatible.

Luckily for Nick and I, our love grew so much more when we actually met in person. We had taken the time before hand to really get to know each other through 12 hour conversations, staying up all night laughing and just sharing our stories and lives for months and months. When we were finally face to face, we felt totally comfortable and relaxed with each other and it was even better then we could have imagined.

Yes, love on the internet happens...sometimes it fades when people meet, sometimes it gets stronger. I have truly met my soul mate and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

I get a little bit of feeling that some people who don´t meet their SO on the internet are trying to make people who did meet on the internet guilty for something....Why should someone feel guilty and try to justify their choices and life? It was only like 100 years ago when parents used to tell their kids who they have to marry...so what´s that about? Parents were looking for a good (hopefully rich) family to gain more land, cattle or whatever from that marriage. That changed and people make their own choices now. People get married cuz they love each other. Some people though get married for other reasons...somebody gets pregnant, they get married...somebody wants money so they try to marry someone rich...etc...people get married for all sorts of reasons everywhere in the world no matter where they are. And people have always met in all sorts of different places...school, job, club, dancing classes, all sorts of classes, in the park, in a hospital, in the library...there are people who go grocery shopping with the intent to find somebody single to hook up with...or whatever. For the last 10 years internet spread all over the world and so people go there and meet new people too. Play games there together instead of sitting together in the same living room and playing on the same machine. Internet made all distances small. You get lotsa cool information, you get to meet new people. Some of my friends go online to meet someone new from our town and then go out together to do whatever...do some sport, hiking and things...not always people who you already know share the same interest with you, so you go and find new people who share that interest with you. Everytime you meet somebody new the person is new to you and where you meet it doesn´t matter...it depends on what you do after you meet...you keep in touch or not...you become friends or not...you fall in love or not...Why should somebody apologize for talking to somebody on internet? Would it be better for them to just go get drunk in a club and wake up to a stranger next morning and then find out they are pregnant? Seriously...

Bravo Scott & Marla :thumbs: Awesome response and said it perfectly. No one should have to justifty themselves which is what certain comments in this thread seemed to ask for and, personally, I DID make the best decision... so there is no "better choice" for me.

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

I don't believe anyone was looking for someone to give justification. But, you're right, everyone seemed to feel the need to justify themselves. Why? One can only wonder...

6/10 for baiting. The "pregnant pause" used for effect at the end, was just classic.

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

I don't believe anyone was looking for someone to give justification. But, you're right, everyone seemed to feel the need to justify themselves. Why? One can only wonder...

Haha...listen...if you have something against internet and/or people who talk to each other using internet then why are you here? Hello? This is an internet site... :whistle:

Haha...listen...if you have something against internet and/or people who talk to each other using internet then why are you here? Hello? This is an internet site... :whistle:

:thumbs:

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I met my husband in person for like 4 months and since then, talked over the phone, skyped and yahoo messengered each other for over 2 and a half years. Yeah it might be beneficial to meet some one in person since people tend to hide their physical flaws through out the internet but I think that people that have grown to each other by communicating in the internet know what love is and means. Some people can not see themselves doing long distance relationships for a bit because they feel that they need to have sex then and there to be in a relationship. And yeah they have the right to be jeaolous, but I really think that they admire couples that have the patience and are committed because that is something that they are not willing to do. Its all about sex. In my opinion some people are blind and that is why they are miserable because they do not know what love is. I have only had in the past 2 years and 10 months maybe less than 15 opportunities to make love with my man. Yeah it may not be much, but I am not basing our relationship on sex. I know that I will get mine when we finally overcome this obstacle. It is not just physical but it is emotionally and spiritually. I feel complete when I see his smile every night on Yahoo Messenger :) Webcams are the greatest invention ever. :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline
I feel complete when I see his smile every night on Yahoo Messenger :) Webcams are the greatest invention ever. :thumbs:

I couldn't agree more with that ,I love web cam even when you can barely see each other sometimes the connetions is just the worst but known your S.O is in the other side waving ,smiling and sending you kisses makes everything better. (L)(L)(L)

The journey is over we are divorced now.

I feel complete when I see his smile every night on Yahoo Messenger :) Webcams are the greatest invention ever. :thumbs:

I couldn't agree more with that ,I love web cam even when you can barely see each other sometimes the connetions is just the worst but known your S.O is in the other side waving ,smiling and sending you kisses makes everything better. (L)(L)(L)

:thumbs: I couldn't even imagine going through this process without web cams....we keep it on all night while we sleep :luv:

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

6/10 for baiting. The "pregnant pause" used for effect at the end, was just classic.

:thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

Hi there

Lately I've been felling like I just don't have to only justify myself over the fact that I met my love on the internet ,but also because We've been married for 7 months now but not living together .It is so dificult for people to understand this :crying: long process when they are not going through it.

They keep asking me this awful questions like .

When are you going to leave ? Does he still call you like when you were dating ? Don't you think he is cheating on you ?or even worst like this lady I ran into and she said I though you were already gone .Is that you repent of leaving .Did you realize the mistake you were making and now you are staying here?.

Those are the things that make you think either she is really jelous because I found the most amazing man to spend the rest of my life with or she is just mean and cruel.

The journey is over we are divorced now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.