bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

i am tired of dealing with stupid a$$ doctor's offices and insurance agencies... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Oh, i am sorry Marilyn. Insurance companies in the US do suck!!! They are blood sucking vampires.

I hope things get better for you. Don't give up! Don't let them suck your blood!!!

:star:

well, it isn't actually the insurance company I am upset with it this this doctor's office who keeps billing me for stuff that is already paid for... :angry: :angry:

Ugh, that is frustrating. I had a similar situation recently where I received a $4500 bill for PT I had back in August. Turned out the PT office did not bill the insurance company in time (their contract apparently read that they had to bill within 180 days and they didn't) so the insurance co. denied payment. I got it straightened out, but it took the hassle of having to contact various people.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
i am just tired of dealing with this..... it is like a constant reminder of what happened... :crying:

((((((((((((((((Marilyn))))))))))))))))) I can certainly understand. Been there, done that too....it took a while to get things all sorted out when....well....suffice to say I know what you're dealing with. (F) (F) (F)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

the last time it was so much easier because our insurance covered 100 percent of hospital stays etc we only had to pay the copays.. but that policy changed last year and now they only cover 90% of hospital stays etc. which is still good but now I have a lot more bills and stuff coming in and a lot more confusion :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

what one pays for at the hopsital can be confusing. During last semesters Rotation at one hospital, one checked out supplies with a "price" scanner gun, the same kind hand held scanner l you see at target! And ya had to scan the item you were getting for ur patient, ie bandages, ice pack, tooth brush, etc etc. Some items the client got charged for, some they did not. But ya didnt want to be picking up needless supplies, as they may be getting charged for them!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you need to vent, have a beef or just want to make your opinion known....check out our new website (link is below). There is a specific section for Immigration related posts.

Happy Easter, to all!

Annie & Tim

N-400 Citizenship

Sept. 13, 2011 N-400 sent to Phoenix Lockbox

Sept. 20, 2011 Check cashed

Sept. 23, 2011 NOA rec'd for N-400

Oct. 17, 2011 Biometrics appointment

Nov. 29, 2011 Interview - PASSED! 3yr anniversary not until 12/09/11

Dec. 13, 2011 Status update received "Oath Scheduled"

Dec. 15, 2011 Letter received with Oath date

Dec. 27, 2011 OATH! US Citizen

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

*sigh* My vent for the day...links that won't work on websites. Links to information that I really need.

*keeps googling...maybe it's out there somewhere on another website*

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Timeline

VENT AHEAD.

Okiedokie... so off I go yesterday to work. Got there super early -still trying bus routes- and the place was ok. The owner, and 2 other women. One is circa 20 something and the other one is 40. The organization is a mess. The owner has no instruction sheets for the food ("hey, how much chicken in the panini?" "Uh-oh, calculate... do your best guess" :blink: ). Two times I saw lattes (smelled more like) that went out with burnt espresso (yes, it smells and tastes like #######). Then voila: "Lenina, it's your turn to go out in the playground!"

#######?!?!?!? :angry:

I'm a barista people, not a nanny. I have no children, and I do not know ####### to do with children in a FFF playground. In any case, I am not thinking of staying there for too long; unless this becomes a more organized joint. The women have no clue as to how to calibrate shots, measure grounds, they REBOIL the milk (eeeewwww), etc. Sheesh. Oh, and of course they spent half the time talking about guess what? yup, got it... children. I was the only one who bothered showering and primping a bit, and was wearing my apron. Arghhhh

I felt so out of place it's not funny. For the time being I'll stick around, but still look for a more adult like cafe where being a barista is an art, not a hap hazard "uh oh, just hold the pitcher until it's hot that's when it's ready". Bleh.... go ahead girls and when you burn your hands please let me know :wacko: . I was not impressed.

END OF VENT.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'll come to your rescue: http://www.starbucks.com/aboutus/jobcenter.asp

You owe me big time!!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
VENT AHEAD.

Okiedokie... so off I go yesterday to work. Got there super early -still trying bus routes- and the place was ok. The owner, and 2 other women. One is circa 20 something and the other one is 40. The organization is a mess. The owner has no instruction sheets for the food ("hey, how much chicken in the panini?" "Uh-oh, calculate... do your best guess" :blink: ). Two times I saw lattes (smelled more like) that went out with burnt espresso (yes, it smells and tastes like #######). Then voila: "Lenina, it's your turn to go out in the playground!"

#######?!?!?!? :angry:

I'm a barista people, not a nanny. I have no children, and I do not know ####### to do with children in a FFF playground. In any case, I am not thinking of staying there for too long; unless this becomes a more organized joint. The women have no clue as to how to calibrate shots, measure grounds, they REBOIL the milk (eeeewwww), etc. Sheesh. Oh, and of course they spent half the time talking about guess what? yup, got it... children. I was the only one who bothered showering and primping a bit, and was wearing my apron. Arghhhh

I felt so out of place it's not funny. For the time being I'll stick around, but still look for a more adult like cafe where being a barista is an art, not a hap hazard "uh oh, just hold the pitcher until it's hot that's when it's ready". Bleh.... go ahead girls and when you burn your hands please let me know :wacko: . I was not impressed.

END OF VENT.

I'm not going to say that I told you so. That would be judgemental and you certainly don't need any criticism at this time, only support. Entropy may be the natural order of the universe but this is ridiculous. This is not A Supermarket in California. Your brother has been in sh*t situations like this. It doesn't get any better and invariably you get burned. Believe me Sis, it will destroy you. I only hope that you gain employment at an enterprise more suitable to your talents and educational background and not at another kiddie flophouse. You have all my love and every ounce of aloha spirit that I can muster. (L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
the last time it was so much easier because our insurance covered 100 percent of hospital stays etc we only had to pay the copays.. but that policy changed last year and now they only cover 90% of hospital stays etc. which is still good but now I have a lot more bills and stuff coming in and a lot more confusion :unsure:

I am so sorry, it must be terrible. I can't even fathom how you feel.

I guess the positive side is that you do have insurance. Being without is even worse.

Oh and make sure they are not charging for stuff they shouldn't be charging you. Hospitals love to do that.

*gigantic hugs* (F)

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Filed: Timeline

You owe me big time!!!

flames, that's just mean. :angry::rofl:

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER.

I'm not going to say that I told you so. That would be judgemental and you certainly don't need any criticism at this time, only support. Entropy may be the natural order of the universe but this is ridiculous. This is not A Supermarket in California. Your brother has been in sh*t situations like this. It doesn't get any better and invariably you get burned. Believe me Sis, it will destroy you. I only hope that you gain employment at an enterprise more suitable to your talents and educational background and not at another kiddie flophouse. You have all my love and every ounce of aloha spirit that I can muster. (L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

I know. It sucks. Alohaaaaaa :blush:

Timeline

You owe me big time!!!

Shame on you Flames 9 :innocent: , still I'm glad you typed what I was thinking. :lol:

IR5

Timeline
For the time being I'll stick around, but still look for a more adult like cafe

Like Chicka Latte? :innocent:

BTW, what, pray tell, did your apron read? :innocent:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

Timeline

i hate when hubby has cash in his wallet.. I can't tell if he has bought cigs or not then :wacko:

I wanted to smack hubby's brother yesterday.... we were sitting around the table and he asks my hubby if he wants to go for a smoke... hubby did shake his head no and so did i and then his brother says something like, "oh, I asked you at the wrong time" and laughed... :P and also said something like "oh, you are quiting".. wink wink kind of thing... grrrr :angry: I said it is a work in progress and they all just laughed at me :angry:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.