bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

WALLPAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I have a story to tell.

Please get comfortable, if you are planning to read on.

sigh

This house, my sweetie's little home, has bad energy.

I felt it.

It is like a black hole.

You work and you work and there is not much progress.

I used to say if you looked up the work procrastination, you;d see my picture.

Today it is next to the word TENACITY.

Yessss.

After a few attempts and much research and a few more attempts at removing the wallpaper from the upstairs room had not been working, I refused to acknowledge that there even is an upstairs to this house.

The little I had been able to get off had revealed some letters painted underneath on the wall.

It is a swear word and a part of our anatomy.

It stars with an A and ends with an E.

Seven letters.

I knew that was a bad sign.

That was weeks ago.

Today, I did half the room.

This is an incredible feat!

And there is a secret.

Whilst working I was contemplating revealing this secret.

But first, another part to the writing on the wall.

When I removed the wallpaper from the upper part (it is like an attic), it said "Linda is an"...

My mind is so curious.

This is an old house....maybe 45 years old.

Who was Linda? and why was (is) she an....??

I knew it.

I could feel it.

This house has had too much conflict in it.

And I have been a wreck here.

Fighting the temptation to take off.. run away....until we find our new home downtown.

So tenacity was the name of the game today.

And my frustrated and angry energy (because I hate to give up/admit defeat), and tons of scraping did the job.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You all must have heard of The Secret phenomena...well I am going to write a new The Secret.... of Wallpaper Removal; one that no one on-line knows.

Maybe I will sell it to the general public, but for you my dear VJers, I will give it for free.

The Secret of WR is this:

hot water

an industrial squirt bottle

a good scraper

tons of elbow grease

oh, and I'll throw in a personal item: my pirate sneakers from New Orleans.

Ha!

Screw the DIF and all that jazz...DIF works somewhat, and hot water actually does the trick.

I was going to VENT more, but I have poured myself a glass of cabernet sauvignon, and want to enjoy it peacefully.

I will cue up Lost from Thursday past and get lost in that.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
:) Ahhhh gotcha Len. Well I feel like that about VJ lately too. I've been watching the thread I think you're referring to. There's so much judgmentalism going on in that thread there's no way to sift out the good info the OP was asking for. I'm wondering if maybe I need another break from VJ, at least til I get the stress I'm under at work sorted out.

I know we all have our moments where things are said...I know I do :blush: but geez louise...some of what I've read in there, gawd....

And I do agree with you about the health care system here in the US - and I've dealt with it all my life. :wacko:

I really really REALLY didn't mean to be judgmental, but come on..the wording in the original thread? ACK! Horrible.

If he had posted all the information in the first place, and just worded it completely different...my reaction would have been different, as well as many many others I'm sure.

I'm stressed out lately too Karen....TMI but I'm late for my period (no, I'm not preggers, took 2 tests) I'm just...stressed. About work, about the move, about the visit in 3 days (I keep having dreams I'll get denied at the border) sigh... :unsure:

Group hug!!!!... :)

Oh Laura...you weren't being judgmental at all! I posted early this morning that if the OP had phrased his opening post with a bit more discretion, this might not have happened at all.

Hugs...I know stress. We're tight companions lately and she makes me edgy and grumpy. Not to mention the horrible tornadoes over the weekend too. Between that and my job...ACK!!!!!

Atlanta has upwards to $150 million in damages from those tornadoes. Makes my heart hurt for those that are jobless or homeless right now, not to mention the two that died from the storms.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Hugs to everyone who is venting here :) Hope the stress lessens.

Laura - I read that thread (didn't have the energy to post) and thought that the OP's wording was really wonky ... so I can understand why you posted what you did. That is why I mostly post now in the Canadian forum and in the Baby Corner ... people can be so inflammatory in other threads!

Okay, here is my vent for the day:

I think I am losing my mind!!! Seriously, I have read a lot about the challenges that being pregnant poses with memory and language ability. I just read an interesting study that proposed that women lose 8% of the functioning of their brain during pregnancy. And I have had a bunch of friends that have described "baby brain" or that the baby is "sucking my memory". So, I thought I was prepared. Well, slowly, my memory has been getting worse and I am also starting to have occasional difficulty finding the words I want. For instance, in Wal-Mart, while looking right at the item I wanted, I asked hubby to get my the windshield wiper thingy (I was trying to describe washer fluid). Okay, we had a little chuckle, and honestly, even at work, we chuckle about the silly things I say.

However, today at work, it was really hard to formulate clear thoughts and voice them. And I am a fricking psychotherapist and rely on my ability to think and speak in sessions. It just seems like it is getting harder and harder to verbalize things clearly in sessions. It really stressed me out today (plus I was dealing with a challenging client so I think I noticed it more). I really want to work up until my due date at the end of May, but lordy, it is hard! My co-workers keep reminding me that it is probably not that apparent to others, and they remind me of the positive changes that are happening with some clients, but I am really feeling overwhelmed right now. (And hubby is sick in bed so unfortunately, my lovely Canadian friends, you guys get to hear me vent). ARGH!!!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Hugs to everyone who is venting here :) Hope the stress lessens.

Laura - I read that thread (didn't have the energy to post) and thought that the OP's wording was really wonky ... so I can understand why you posted what you did. That is why I mostly post now in the Canadian forum and in the Baby Corner ... people can be so inflammatory in other threads!

Okay, here is my vent for the day:

I think I am losing my mind!!! Seriously, I have read a lot about the challenges that being pregnant poses with memory and language ability. I just read an interesting study that proposed that women lose 8% of the functioning of their brain during pregnancy. And I have had a bunch of friends that have described "baby brain" or that the baby is "sucking my memory". So, I thought I was prepared. Well, slowly, my memory has been getting worse and I am also starting to have occasional difficulty finding the words I want. For instance, in Wal-Mart, while looking right at the item I wanted, I asked hubby to get my the windshield wiper thingy (I was trying to describe washer fluid). Okay, we had a little chuckle, and honestly, even at work, we chuckle about the silly things I say.

However, today at work, it was really hard to formulate clear thoughts and voice them. And I am a fricking psychotherapist and rely on my ability to think and speak in sessions. It just seems like it is getting harder and harder to verbalize things clearly in sessions. It really stressed me out today (plus I was dealing with a challenging client so I think I noticed it more). I really want to work up until my due date at the end of May, but lordy, it is hard! My co-workers keep reminding me that it is probably not that apparent to others, and they remind me of the positive changes that are happening with some clients, but I am really feeling overwhelmed right now. (And hubby is sick in bed so unfortunately, my lovely Canadian friends, you guys get to hear me vent). ARGH!!!

Wow hon..that's crazy!

The baby is sucking on your brain!!!! :devil:

No, but seriously....that's strange....I bet you are really looking forward to mat leave so you can just relax and not have to stress about work and a baby and everything else. I'm sure your co-workers are right as well, it's probably just you noticing it, it always seems worse from the inside.

*BIG HUGS!!!*

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

autumnchik,

Sorry to her that you have been having some memory fog - a friend of mine referred to it as her 'sometimers'. Just a thought - babies take a lot of physical energy out of their mother's bodies as they themselves grow. Could it be that your 'fog' is nutritionally based? That there is some level of nutrient or micro-nutrient that you are short of right now because it is supplying the baby's needs? It might be something to investigate and see if taking supplemental amounts of certain minerals or vitamins might help so that you don't go short.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

autumnchik,

Sorry to her that you have been having some memory fog - a friend of mine referred to it as her 'sometimers'. Just a thought - babies take a lot of physical energy out of their mother's bodies as they themselves grow. Could it be that your 'fog' is nutritionally based? That there is some level of nutrient or micro-nutrient that you are short of right now because it is supplying the baby's needs? It might be something to investigate and see if taking supplemental amounts of certain minerals or vitamins might help so that you don't go short.

That is a good idea. I am going to see my doctor on Wednesday and will ask him. I do take prenatal vitamins, but it does seem like the memory fog has gotten much worse in the last 2 weeks ... I wonder if it IS something I am not getting. Thanks for suggesting that :)

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

autumnchik...I really hope you do ask your Dr. about what you might be lacking. Hopefully it's something nutritional and you can compensate for it. I experienced the same thing when I was pregnant, with similar careers, I'm sure it's maybe more noticable because we spend most of the day talking! Mine did come around the last trimester, and left after childbirth. Of course now I'm 50, and it's coming back again...and I'm not pregnant! :o So maybe it's some chemical in the brain that's related to hormones!

Don't let the stress exasperate the issue!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

Ugh. I definitely recall the baby memory zap. And I had a good laugh whenever my friends or members of my family experienced it too. I think the worst part was the major depletion of calcium with my 2nd pregnancy. My... teeth... ached. It was so bad that I couldn't even breathe through my mouth because the air on my teeth caused too much pain. Not to worry, Autumn. It gets worse. :thumbs:

:lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
autumnchik,

That is a good idea. I am going to see my doctor on Wednesday and will ask him. I do take prenatal vitamins, but it does seem like the memory fog has gotten much worse in the last 2 weeks ... I wonder if it IS something I am not getting. Thanks for suggesting that :)

I hope it's nothing serious but the only thing that comes to mind is gestational diabetes. It can sometimes produce the mental fog that you complain of and can progress as the pregnancy progresses and the hormone levels change. It frequently is worse in the third trimester and a sudden drop in blood glucose can be a signal that the foetus is getting ready to show. I'm sure you'll find out on Wednesday and, if it is gestational diabetes, it can easily be treated and is only a transient condition. :thumbs: Of course, the alternative is that your baby is really a brain sucking alien. :blink::lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
autumnchik,

I hope it's nothing serious but the only thing that comes to mind is gestational diabetes. It can sometimes produce the mental fog that you complain of and can progress as the pregnancy progresses and the hormone levels change. It frequently is worse in the third trimester and a sudden drop in blood glucose can be a signal that the foetus is getting ready to show. I'm sure you'll find out on Wednesday and, if it is gestational diabetes, it can easily be treated and is only a transient condition. :thumbs: Of course, the alternative is that your baby is really a brain sucking alien. :blink::lol:

Oh ya,the dreaded BSA disease!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Of course, the alternative is that your baby is really a brain sucking alien. :blink::lol:

Hmmm. Now that you mention it.... there was that alien abduction incident that time I was driving down a deserted road. They told me it was an ####### probe, though. :unsure:

:rofl:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Of course, the alternative is that your baby is really a brain sucking alien. :blink::lol:

Hmmm. Now that you mention it.... there was that alien abduction incident that time I was driving down a deserted road. They told me it was an ####### probe, though. :unsure:

I'm not touching that one, not with a ten-foot speculum. :innocent::lol:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Timeline

FKUING COMCAST.

Sooooo..... here I come home last night, having had the day from hellll, and try to relax and watch _________ (show name to embarrassing, and NO, it's not a reality show) and bua-ha! I DO NOT HAVE THE EFFING CHANNEL. :angry: :angry:

Hence, after bickering with the remote for a while (Bren counted 2 hours, but he's :wacko:) I phone Comcast. Turns out that after 6 months of service, the chopfkucs realized "you should not be getting that channel" AZZHOLEZ. Since when? ARGHHHHHHH. :protest:

So, I overdosed on cherry cordial ice cream. That's that.

End of rant.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.