bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Holy fking shiit Karen. That's scary as can be. sister - please take care of yourself... this is not cool. Those kids are learning hate from who should teach them love :(

I just read this and second my sister's concern. The Grand Moron and his spawn. Great. Please be careful, always travel in a group if possible during normal business hours and keep a cell phone on you at all times. By all means be aware of your surroundings. Circle your car, etc. Sorry, I don't mean to frighten you. I really feel bad for the kids but your safety comes first. Hang in there Karen! Only a few more weeks to go and tomorrow is Friday. :thumbs:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Karen, I'm so sorry to hear this! How powerless you must feel in this situation. What is it about people's need to sue??? :wacko: I will never understand that. As Len and IR5 have stated, you need to take care of yourself...particularly if you're going to be doing any progressive discipline. Someone that is brought up to hate others, and feels so superior, is going to have issues with anyone in authority. How truly sad.

You must really be in such a conflict as well when I know you love teaching so much, and yet you're constrained by bureaucracy. I remember you venting another time about how hard it is to teach now in the US. This whole "no child left behind" stuff is daunting and so punitive and does nothing but make teaching robotic and students try to be memory wizards!

Maybe it's time to take an honest look at teaching in the mainstream school system. I know nothing (sorry) about your town/city that you live in, but maybe some type of alternative school, hospital or prison might be something to look into?

When the system gets you down, and these monster children go crazy, know that we're here to support you!

I wish you much luck in finding balance and peace in your crazy teaching world.

Hugs

carlahmsb4.gif

I concur with Len, Mumsie and Carlawarla's sentiments and ideas.

Number one: do take precautions and take care of yourself.

Number two: do some research on alternative schools. The kind that are smaller and teach more "holistically", or should I say whole-listically. I have two friends teaching/counselling in the Montesorri type schools. One of the two is basically on a farm in Surrey, BC. The children have goats and land and stuff. It is the coolest thing. The age range is from 6-15 (I believe) in that particular school, and the little I got involved with those kids, I was blown away. They are so mature.

This is what happens when kids are asked to participate in the way they learn and what they are learning.

They are brilliant and they take of eachother.

Please witness: http://www.rootsandwingsbc.com/

Maybe you can do some private teaching or tutoring?

What do I know about the education system? Almost nothing...except that it does not work (properly) as it has been set up; neither in the U.S. nor Canada.

Well, enough of my rambling.

You will choose the right path to take for yourself and others, I am certain.

(F) (F) (F)

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, today I learned that the educators association that I am a member of (PAGE - Professional Association of Georgia Educators) has suggested that I and the others who witnessed this behaviour (many times over) write a detailed account of what happened and submit it to our organisation...just in case. At least PAGE offers us $1M protection, legally speaking. How sad that it comes to this. I was told that if the parents cannot successfully sue the deputy sheriff, they will more than likely come after us. *BIG SIGH*

I've looked into alternative places of education. They are few and very far between. I like the Montessori way of educating kids. None of that here. I do wish a school was available for special needs children. That's what I taught for 11 of my 13 years. There's so much paperwork now (and even more in special ed) that it makes the actual job of teaching almost an afterthought. Let's not forget all the bloody standardised testing we are required to do. GAH! :blink:

I dunno...I used to love teaching. LOVED IT. The one thing that keeps me hanging on, at least for this year, are my kids. They miss me when I'm out and actually come up and hug me (oh dear, I suppose I should stop that, eh?) on occasion. But even that isn't enough to make me want to endure another term. I've cried more the last two days than I have all year. I used to cry over not being able to reach some of my kids academically because I cared so damn much and wanted them to succeed. Now I cry over how burned out I am.

I'm sorry for ranting so much about this. You guys are all I have, except for Joel.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh Karen, I hope that you find a good solution to your problem. I'm sure there's one out there, just waiting for you to show up! ~hugs~

Okay, so I posted a new topic about it, but the doctor in Edmonton who does medicals was informed today that he can no longer do them. This means that my appointment was cancelled. I just think that is ridiculous! I mean come ON! Oh well, I'll get it all figured out eventually. Calgary or Vancouver I guess.

Oh yeah, and all vaccines are required for K1 and K3 visas at the consulates here in Canada. Vancouver finally emailed me back to let me know. How frustrating is that? I don't understand it at all but whatever.

I was so hopeful yesterday that this journey would be over in a month. Now I'm really worried. It seems like it might take a LOT longer now. ~sighs~

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

138 days and counting! :ranting:

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

**hugs to Karen** !!!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

Okay, so I'm really angry right now! I just talked to my mother. That should be enough said. ~sighs~ According to her I'm irresponsible because I'm packed but haven't dropped off the boxes at the specific agencies yet, like the salvation army, the library etc.

Also, I need to sell my car, but I'm really trying to wait until the last minute to do so. I suppose that's probably really stupid of me isn't it? I do need it though, right up until I leave. It's really a catch 22.

I should have known better than to continue talking to her especially after she said hello and I could tell she was tired and mad at someone! It just makes me so mad. She's like I know you're just gonna pack your suitcase, and leave your apartment full and go off and leave me to clean up all your mess, and I'm telling you right now, I'm not doing it! She was also like I know you're leaving and you're never going to see any of us again and I don't know how you can live with yourself, but hey that's just me.

Like seriously? I'm never going to visit?! She's so UGH! It's like my leaving to marry the man of my dreams and my best friend, is a personal insult to her. Get over yourself!

Okay, well, now I feel a little bit better, kind of.

I-129F

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

AOS

I'm sorry hun...

This is a big change for everyone, your mum included...

I do think the car thing needs to get figured out..

Salvation army is quick and easy really..

See the BIG PICTURE.

maybe it'd help if you made plans for your mom to come see you in your new place in a month or so....

(ps are you an only child?)

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

(((((((((((((((((A Team)))))))))))))))) I wish I could offer something other than a hug. I hope things get squared away soon. I can't imagine how stressful all this is for you. (F) (F) (F)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

Oh Liz, I wish I were an only child! Mom's got 7 more, plus significant others at home. So, I have no idea what her real issue is. I guess I'm the only "good" child. ~giggles~ I am seeing the big picture thankfully, but right now all I see is that I want to leave this place. Running away from here is not going to change the emotional issues she and I have together. I'm always the one that she picks on and is negative about. She runs hot and cold. Sometimes she likes me, sometimes she really doesn't.

Hopefully she'll get to come down and see where we're living but she said she's not sure when/if she'll get to. It's a money thing you know. I'm trying to work on getting the silly car sold. That is a major concern of course.

I know that the Salvation Army is easy, and I'm procrastinating a bit, but I hurt my shoulder a while ago and it's not so easy to carry heavy boxes around. ~sighs~ Maybe after my chiropractic appointment on Wednesday it'll be easier.

Thanks for the support Liz and Karen. I really do appreciate it. I'm starting to feel a little less mad.

I-129F

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

AOS

Timeline

Hey Liz, that's a really great idea! I didn't ever think about that!

Len-Yeah, I know I need to relax, Andrew keeps telling me that it'll get done in it's own time, no need to worry or stress right now. And as for the b1tch slapping, well he said he'd phone her and tell her who's boss! ~giggles~ I'm actually curious to see if he did or not?! Who knows? It could be interesting! :P

I-129F

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.