bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Our lives always sux until we see someone worse off than we are. We are the centre of the universe for someone, but not for everyone, keep smiling everything will fall into place (eventually).

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
U know..why do some ppl act as if everything is perfect in their world...for what..SHOW ? the sun will shed light soon....:angry::yes:

It's not show sister, it's self-centeredness ;) .... show me someone that says for more than X months that "life is always fine" and I'll show you a liar liar!

Can I say Amen !..it's ok to live in truth :thumbs:

Don't know about truth.... I only know that life throws you curves all the time: sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down. Comes with the job of being human and fallible I guess. Or maybe I'm just stupid; but my stupidity tells me that the good times are to be enjoyed, and that the bad times eventually pass :thumbs:

Peace, L.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

[starting emotional vent]

I can;t live here anymore in Jersey. 3 weeks ago I finally got a job after getting my green card at the beginning of October. I have lived in New Jersey for almost a year now and the truth has finally gotten to me-I am just not happy here. I love my husband and his family, but I can't live here anymore. I am 23 years old and I miss Ottawa, Ontario more than ANYTHING. I miss so much about it, it is cheaper to live there, and as a very artistic person I just miss having live music, poetry, etc. at my finger tips. Suburban New Jersey is not cutting it for me.

I'm 23 years old and I just go to work and come home like my husband does and eat, go to sleep, etc. We don't live close enough to a city (NYC is close but I can't just go there all the time, it takes forever and its expensive and I can't just go by myself at night)

I just have a huge void in my heart and I know it can't be filled here right now. My only feeling right now is to move back and have my husband come join me when ever he gets HIS residency. It is such a HUGE decision to make though and I hope I am making the right one....

[/ending rant]

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

I'm tired of going to the mall and being stared at like I'm an alien. I've been trying really hard to push it to the back of my mind, because I don't want to get into that self-conscious mindframe and think that everyone is doing it. I'm just lucky it hasn't been worse than looks.

Bee and I went into J.Crew today and we went our separate ways. Everywhere I go the clothes are too big for me so I always look for the midget sizes, hehe. Anyway, some lady was literally gaping at me in the corner with half-crossed eyes... when I walked in another direction she was still staring. I felt like I'd been caught shoplifting!

We don't live in the middle of nowhere, and I've seen other Asian people around so it's not like I'm an anomaly... but jeez if it isn't starting to make me feel like I don't want to leave the house. :(

Oh, and *hugs* to Amanda. Because I completely understand how you feel, hun.

Edited by Nini & Bee

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So this morning I was getting ready for work when I noticed a dead leaf on one of our houseplants. Went over to grab it and of course the cat had to investigate what I was doing. I told him no, but when do cats listen?!, and long story short, the cat ends up wearing the pot on its head. Dirt and leaves everywhere and of course I am already running late as usual. So I tell Calvin what a very bad cat he is, and run to get the vacuum. Well that bloody cat won't let me clean up in peace so I am getting even more frustrated and I grab him and throw him into the bathroom. Derek calls it the "penalty box" and it makes a great place for Calvin to calm down when he gets neurotic. Anyway, I am in such a rush to close the bathroom door so I can finish cleaning up, that I forget to remove my foot from the door jamb and literally slam the door on my foot! :crying: So now, I have dirt and leaves on my beige carpet, a crying cat in the bathroom, a bleeding and throbbing foot and obscenities are pouring out of my mouth. What a start to my day. And my foot still hurts 8 hours later. Only good news is that I have a decent excuse not to work out tonight. :lol:

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

I can;t live here anymore in Jersey. 3 weeks ago I finally got a job after getting my green card at the beginning of October. I have lived in New Jersey for almost a year now and the truth has finally gotten to me-I am just not happy here. I love my husband and his family, but I can't live here anymore. I am 23 years old and I miss Ottawa, Ontario more than ANYTHING. I miss so much about it, it is cheaper to live there, and as a very artistic person I just miss having live music, poetry, etc. at my finger tips. Suburban New Jersey is not cutting it for me.

I'm 23 years old and I just go to work and come home like my husband does and eat, go to sleep, etc. We don't live close enough to a city (NYC is close but I can't just go there all the time, it takes forever and its expensive and I can't just go by myself at night)

I just have a huge void in my heart and I know it can't be filled here right now. My only feeling right now is to move back and have my husband come join me when ever he gets HIS residency. It is such a HUGE decision to make though and I hope I am making the right one....

[/ending rant]

Awwwww. I'm so sorry, Amanda. (F) I know how you feel. My first husband was in the military and we were posted to armpit, nb from Toronto. Man, was that culture shock. I'm sorry I don't have the time to post a longer reply, but I'm wondering if you could move somewhere closer to cultural activities in your area? That way you could stick it out here until you naturalize, and then have the freedom to live in either country. A few years is not much time in the grand scheme of things.

iagree.gif

I'm tired of going to the mall and being stared at like I'm an alien. I've been trying really hard to push it to the back of my mind, because I don't want to get into that self-conscious mindframe and think that everyone is doing it. I'm just lucky it hasn't been worse than looks.

Bee and I went into J.Crew today and we went our separate ways. Everywhere I go the clothes are too big for me so I always look for the midget sizes, hehe. Anyway, some lady was literally gaping at me in the corner with half-crossed eyes... when I walked in another direction she was still staring. I felt like I'd been caught shoplifting!

We don't live in the middle of nowhere, and I've seen other Asian people around so it's not like I'm an anomaly... but jeez if it isn't starting to make me feel like I don't want to leave the house. :(

People tend to stare at beautiful women. They can't help it. Just smile and make their day. :)

iagree.gif

So this morning I was getting ready for work when I noticed a dead leaf on one of our houseplants. Went over to grab it and of course the cat had to investigate what I was doing. I told him no, but when do cats listen?!, and long story short, the cat ends up wearing the pot on its head. Dirt and leaves everywhere and of course I am already running late as usual. So I tell Calvin what a very bad cat he is, and run to get the vacuum. Well that bloody cat won't let me clean up in peace so I am getting even more frustrated and I grab him and throw him into the bathroom. Derek calls it the "penalty box" and it makes a great place for Calvin to calm down when he gets neurotic. Anyway, I am in such a rush to close the bathroom door so I can finish cleaning up, that I forget to remove my foot from the door jamb and literally slam the door on my foot! :crying: So now, I have dirt and leaves on my beige carpet, a crying cat in the bathroom, a bleeding and throbbing foot and obscenities are pouring out of my mouth. What a start to my day. And my foot still hurts 8 hours later. Only good news is that I have a decent excuse not to work out tonight. :lol:

:lol: That's funny. Sounds like my life.... without the cat. Just be thankful you're not these people. That made me laugh too. Hope your foot's feeling better soon.

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
:lol: That's funny. Sounds like my life.... without the cat. Just be thankful you're not these people. That made me laugh too. Hope your foot's feeling better soon.

"I'm just glad to be alive. It's raining cows out here, man!"

I didn't see that earlier, but that's halarious!

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

[/ending rant]

Oh honey, please do not rush into leaving the U.S. after all that time, $, and effort to get there.

Yes, do wait as someone else here suggested (to get a permanent green card and/or naturalize) to at least be able to come back if you decide to.

The best thing to do is simply leave where you are living and go somewhere where your lifestyles can improve (which sounds like anywhere would be better than where you are).

By being pro-active and seeking work and home in another city before you get there...see what is available and then Just Do It! :star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Our lives always sux until we see someone worse off than we are. We are the centre of the universe for someone, but not for everyone, keep smiling everything will fall into place (eventually).

WHAT??? I am NOT the centre of the universe???????? :crying::crying::crying:

You are MEAN Ron :crying::crying::crying:

:thumbs: L.

Sweetheart never forget that you are the centre of a universe, Bren's universe.

I have never been called MEAN before or maybe I just didn't hear it being said. As they say call me anything you like but late for lunch.

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i am not very happy here either because i really miss my family but I love my hubby very much and I am willing to stick it out...

hubby is working on a new career that should get us out if the slump we are in financially and then I will be able to visit my family more often...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

People tend to stare at beautiful women. They can't help it. Just smile and make their day. :)

Couldn't have said it better myself... and I AM so much very much so much more smarterrrr than Krikit ;)

In all seriousness, I understand how you feel Nini; happens to me every darn day... people are just stupid. Luvyah my Asian gurrrrl.

i am not very happy here either because i really miss my family but I love my hubby very much and I am willing to stick it out...

hubby is working on a new career that should get us out if the slump we are in financially and then I will be able to visit my family more often...

I hear you babeee. Starting a new life, a new career.... change, change, change. It will be ok, eventually ---hugsss----

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.