bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I would just like to complain that my former employer has redistributed the bulk of my previous position's responsibilites amongst THREE other areas.... and is advertising a modified version of my former position with the same amount of staff, AT THE SAME SALARY!!! It has been over 1.5 years since I resigned from my job and they STILL haven't filled the position. I have an almost obsessive-compulsive desire to apply for it. I mean, seriously..... wouldn't that be HEAVEN? Having a reduced amount of responsibilities but being able to collect the same salary and benefits? Does this not seem almost CRIMINAL?!!!

Sometimes I just wanna PUKE.

Sister - apply! Companies don't realize how much effort one puts into doing the deed, and they think it's easy as pie to fill in a position. I know that the College I used to work in Deadmonton is STILL interviewing each week for my job LMAO

Not many people can handle the cat o'nine tails while discussing Susan Brownmiller. :lol: Most definitely one class not to fall asleep in. :lol:

Actually it was bell hooks brother - great sister of colour with the fierceness of Lady Heather on crack :thumbs:

You make Bell Hooks sound like a monster (angry black woman...*pounds chest*...UGH...me want drugs...kill whitey...UGH...UGH), when she just makes a great deal of sense. Shame on you sis! Have you been reading Horowitz again or, GOD forbid, listening to Tammy Bruce? :crying:

Sorry, my diaper needs changing and I'm in a foul mood. (L)

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I would just like to complain that my former employer has redistributed the bulk of my previous position's responsibilites amongst THREE other areas.... and is advertising a modified version of my former position with the same amount of staff, AT THE SAME SALARY!!! It has been over 1.5 years since I resigned from my job and they STILL haven't filled the position. I have an almost obsessive-compulsive desire to apply for it. I mean, seriously..... wouldn't that be HEAVEN? Having a reduced amount of responsibilities but being able to collect the same salary and benefits? Does this not seem almost CRIMINAL?!!!

Sister - apply! Companies don't realize how much effort one puts into doing the deed, and they think it's easy as pie to fill in a position. I know that the College I used to work in Deadmonton is STILL interviewing each week for my job LMAO

Not many people can handle the cat o'nine tails while discussing Susan Brownmiller. :lol: Most definitely one class not to fall asleep in. :lol:

Actually it was bell hooks brother - great sister of colour with the fierceness of Lady Heather on crack :thumbs:

You make Bell Hooks sound like a monster (angry black woman...*pounds chest*...UGH...me want drugs...kill whitey...UGH...UGH), when she just makes a great deal of sense. Shame on you sis! Have you been reading Horowitz again or, GOD forbid, listening to Tammy Bruce? :crying:

Man, bell hooks (nee Gloria something) is the WOMAN. I love her stuff --- and I also love that she told academia to shove it, left a full professorship position and still rocks my socks.

Timeline

Man, bell hooks (nee Gloria something) is the WOMAN. I love her stuff --- and I also love that she told academia to shove it, left a full professorship position and still rocks my socks.

You're preaching to the choir, sis. She writes what most of us are thinking :innocent: and many of us already know.

IR5

You're preaching to the choir, sis. She writes what most of us are thinking :innocent: and many of us already know.

Most of us unfortunately is not the case brother... just read around the boards..... ;)

Timeline

Most of us unfortunately is not the case brother... just read around the boards..... ;)

Sad but true. :crying: I'm functionally illiterate so I can't read the boards. :lol:

IR5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I hate people with buyer's remorse! SERIOUSLY! I know that I get it sometimes, but I deal with it and move on. If I've made a purchase, if it's non-refundable, oh well too bad for me! ~sighs~ On that note, I also really hate sales. I'm not ever selling anything as a job ever again!

I can't wait for this all to be done and over with. I hate driving him to the airport! Hopefully this was the last visit and the next time we're at an airport it's because I'm going home for good! I so can't wait for that! Not long now! I'm getting a little impatient on Packet 3!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

I hate people with buyer's remorse! SERIOUSLY! I know that I get it sometimes, but I deal with it and move on. If I've made a purchase, if it's non-refundable, oh well too bad for me! ~sighs~ On that note, I also really hate sales. I'm not ever selling anything as a job ever again!

I can't wait for this all to be done and over with. I hate driving him to the airport! Hopefully this was the last visit and the next time we're at an airport it's because I'm going home for good! I so can't wait for that! Not long now! I'm getting a little impatient on Packet 3!

I take it something happened at your job? lol

iagree.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah! I got a customer who wanted to refund a non-refundable service cause someone told her it was a scam. Then she yelled at me. Oh well, that's life! And it happens everywhere!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

OK. So I was posting on a thread about Ernesto Che Guevara. I poured my heart and knowledge about the topic (and yes, my biases towards social justice), and this IDIOT (who is godknowswho - never even read him/her on the boards) actually has the guts to send me a PM saying I shouldn't take my information from MOVIES - little piece of ignorant zucchini :angry: :angry: :angry:

AS IF I was your friendly neighborhood bimbo who thinks the Motorcycle Diaries is an accurate portrayal of Ernesto Guevara's life. I ####### you not people, I was at first quite pissed off; then I just laughed at the poor little petty thing; not without reporting him to Ewok of course.

Timeline
OK. So I was posting on a thread about Ernesto Che Guevara. I poured my heart and knowledge about the topic (and yes, my biases towards social justice), and this IDIOT (who is godknowswho - never even read him/her on the boards) actually has the guts to send me a PM saying I shouldn't take my information from MOVIES - little piece of ignorant zucchini :angry::angry::angry:

AS IF I was your friendly neighborhood bimbo who thinks the Motorcycle Diaries is an accurate portrayal of Ernesto Guevara's life. I ####### you not people, I was at first quite pissed off; then I just laughed at the poor little petty thing; not without reporting him to Ewok of course.

Some people really have a death wish. :angry: I'm glad you reported this nonsense, there's no excuse for this #######. You always were the calm one in the family, kudos sis. :thumbs:

I take all my information from the movies, you mean Birth of a Nation wasn't true. :wacko:

BTW, I forget who was Ernesto Che Guevara again, wasn't he the Frito Bandito? :innocent:

IR5

Timeline
:lol: He's obviously a twit because he doesn't know who he's dealing with. What's his name? LOL

Some lame azz dude that was actually trying to impress me for having a grad degree from Miami U. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Already reported and blocked.

Miami? The football factory in Florida? I thought all they produced was football players and felons. :lol:

Sis, why don't you be a dear and tell your brother the individual's name? :innocent:

IR5

BTW, I forget who was Ernesto Che Guevara again, wasn't he the Frito Bandito? :innocent:

Ai ai ai aaiiii

I am the Frito Bandito

I like Fritos cornchips

I love them

I do

If you have some cornchips

I'll take them from you

Ai ai ai aaiiii.....

Is that the guy? :lol:

Miami? The football factory in Florida? I thought all they produced was football players and felons. :lol:

I thought that was the University of Florida? (Gainsville.... Gators)

iagree.gif

Timeline

Ai ai ai aaiiii

I am the Frito Bandito

I like Fritos cornchips

I love them

I do

If you have some cornchips

I'll take them from you

Ai ai ai aaiiii.....

Is that the guy? :lol:

I thought that was the University of Florida? (Gainsville.... Gators)

:lol:

IR5

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.