• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't get me started about banks. :angry:

<----poke, poke, poke..... please Mumsie, tell us about banks..... :blush:

Please.

May I??

They suck.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Please don't get me started about banks. :angry:

<----poke, poke, poke..... please Mumsie, tell us about banks..... :blush:

Please.

May I??

They suck.

Thank you Spirit. :thumbs: You will always have a place in my heart. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

:D

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I had a 'situation' with my bank a few weeks ago. Ok, so when the dollar went up (we bank with TD btw) we opened, or rather I opened, a U.S. dollar account. All good, dollar goes up, we move some money in there.

Now this account is only in my name as I opened it over the phone and my Husband was at work, this is no big deal - except they may want proof of intermingled finances - and anyway, it just seems like a good idea for him to have the latest asset statements in both our names (plus, for some reason on the account my title was coming up as "Miss" - I wanted to change that to Ms - no can do over the phone - later I found out that they can).

So they tell me, if you want to change it to a joint account later, you will have to go to a branch, which we do, on a Saturday a few weeks ago - no-can-do, we are too busy, make an appointment and come back (I don't go to banks generally - I was just making an exception- harumph).

So I call easyline back, explain that this is getting a tad too complicated (operator couldn't believe they wouldn't do it on the spot, apparently it is a 5 minute thing).

So this is what I did. I opened ANOTHER U.S. dollar account with TD, joint account, they mailed us signature cards, we mailed them back. The day the account appeared online I called them, moved all the money and closed the first account.

Yeah. :blink:

:blink: That is WEIRD. I (L) TD (mostly). I still have a few accounts with them. It didn't phase them in the least that I was moving to the States. The others, well... that's another story.

I agree, they have been quite nice and this is just one of those weird things where they won't let you change to a joint account over the phone. As much as I like them though we are going to move to RBC after my Husbands interview since they have branches in the Sunshine State! woot woot!

I had a 'situation' with my bank a few weeks ago. Ok, so when the dollar went up (we bank with TD btw) we opened, or rather I opened, a U.S. dollar account. All good, dollar goes up, we move some money in there.

Now this account is only in my name as I opened it over the phone and my Husband was at work, this is no big deal - except they may want proof of intermingled finances - and anyway, it just seems like a good idea for him to have the latest asset statements in both our names (plus, for some reason on the account my title was coming up as "Miss" - I wanted to change that to Ms - no can do over the phone - later I found out that they can).

So they tell me, if you want to change it to a joint account later, you will have to go to a branch, which we do, on a Saturday a few weeks ago - no-can-do, we are too busy, make an appointment and come back (I don't go to banks generally - I was just making an exception- harumph).

So I call easyline back, explain that this is getting a tad too complicated (operator couldn't believe they wouldn't do it on the spot, apparently it is a 5 minute thing).

So this is what I did. I opened ANOTHER U.S. dollar account with TD, joint account, they mailed us signature cards, we mailed them back. The day the account appeared online I called them, moved all the money and closed the first account.

Yeah. :blink:

:blink: That is WEIRD. I (L) TD (mostly). I still have a few accounts with them. It didn't phase them in the least that I was moving to the States. The others, well... that's another story.

I agree, they have been quite nice and this is just one of those weird things where they won't let you change to a joint account over the phone. As much as I like them though we are going to move to RBC after my Husbands interview since they have branches in the Sunshine State! woot woot!

Hello Dear Trailmix,

Please tread carefully as I fell pray to this.

RBC has branches in the U.S.

They are a different "company" all together with affiliations to the Cannuck version.

Make certain you ask at your branch about how that would work for you.

They told me that I would have to open an account with them to bank there when I visited the one in Miami hoping to get at my own money.

Over & out, Spirit

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

I broke my earmuffs. And I am going to Minnesota on Friday. And it's going to be very cold there.

The worst part about this is I have no one to blame but myself for being a dumb idiot. Poo balls!

I'm also still frustrated waiting for my NOA2, but that is not exactly earth-shattering news, is it?

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Timeline
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

I broke my earmuffs. And I am going to Minnesota on Friday. And it's going to be very cold there.

The worst part about this is I have no one to blame but myself for being a dumb idiot. Poo balls!

I'm also still frustrated waiting for my NOA2, but that is not exactly earth-shattering news, is it?

I'm very sorry to hear about your earmuffs. Don't be so hard on yourself, it happens to us all. :thumbs: I'm glad you used poo balls, it shows at least a modicum of decorum. I might have used gadzooks but my recalcitrant sister, Len, might use more profane vocabulary. :devil: Something about persons who copulate with mothers or something, I am not to familiar with the argot so I really don't know. :innocent: Waiting may not be earth-shattering but since we have only a finite time (even the earth itself) its import is inestimable. :crying:

IR5

Filed: Timeline

:blink:GASP! :blink:

I am really thinking that the secret should be known before what's left of my reputation goes the way of the Dodo. Mumsie is NOT myreal brother. We found him in our doorstep one morning, inside a box of "The American Terminator" dildos, with 2 bottles of formula and a note that said:

"I can't take care of my child, please accept him as a gift from the Gods. He is nice, but a little on the voyeur side. Please please please adopt him"

I cried, all our brothers cried looking at this tiny creature with big eyes... he was so lovely. Then he gave us all the finger (yup, imprudent and irreverent since the craddle, I mean, the ####### box) and we couldn't help but try to save this baby from himself.... time has passed and look where we are now. THOUGH it must be said the Lady Heather and Sancho Panza School of Obedience was a good good biz for a while.

Edited by Len_and_Bren

I am really thinking that the secret should be known before what's left of my reputation goes the way of the Dodo. Mumsie is NOT myreal brother. We found him in our doorstep one morning, inside a box of "The American Terminator" dildos, with 2 bottles of formula and a note that said:

"I can't take care of my child, please accept him as a gift from the Gods. He is nice, but a little on the voyeur side. Please please please adopt him"

I cried, all our brothers cried looking at this tiny creature with big eyes... he was so lovely. Then he gave us all the finger (yup, imprudent and irreverent since the craddle, I mean, the ####### box) and we couldn't help but try to save this baby from himself.... time has passed and look where we are now. THOUGH it must be said the Lady Heather and Sancho Panza School of Obedience was a good good biz for a while.

I don't believe it!

You buncha untruthers!

Hmph.

See if I ever believe a word coming out of any of your mouths.

That middle finger has been getting quite the work out ever since, I'm sure.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Over & out, Spirit

I want my...

I want my...

I want my... NOA2!

I'm feeling a little less discouraged about it today, though, in large part because an October CSC filer has gotten an NOA2.

It is going to be -4F when my plane lands at MSP. Just FYI, Larry Craig, if you happen to lurk here, baggage claim is a much better place to be propositioned. True, it also helps if you are propositioning or being propositioned by someone you actually already know, rather than some innocent person in the next stall who is probably just trying to relieve him or herself after an 11-hour flight, but still.

And yes, it is a little sad that I still get this much amusement out of Senator Craig's self-inflicted predicament.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Timeline
I want my...

I want my...

I want my... NOA2!

I'm feeling a little less discouraged about it today, though, in large part because an October CSC filer has gotten an NOA2.

It is going to be -4F when my plane lands at MSP. Just FYI, Larry Craig, if you happen to lurk here, baggage claim is a much better place to be propositioned. True, it also helps if you are propositioning or being propositioned by someone you actually already know, rather than some innocent person in the next stall who is probably just trying to relieve him or herself after an 11-hour flight, but still.

And yes, it is a little sad that I still get this much amusement out of Senator Craig's self-inflicted predicament.

Keep'em waitin', that's the way you do it

Money for nothin' and visas for fee :innocent:

You might even say it's a bit #######, I suggest giving this subject a wide berth and before you know it you'll be tapping your toes. C'mon now, it's not much of a reach. :innocent:

IR5

Timeline

I don't believe it!

You buncha untruthers!

Hmph.

:lol::lol::lol:

Next thing you know, you'll be accusing me of being a politician. :innocent:

IR5

Filed: Timeline

I don't believe it!

You buncha untruthers!

Hmph.

:lol::lol::lol:

Next thing you know, you'll be accusing me of being a politician. :innocent:

Never brother. i know even we, as Mormons for Obama, have limits ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.