bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

rators, sh*t, I thought they were for mixing drinks; they do work great for making screaming orgasms. :innocent:

HAHAHA good one!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was half awake this morning and exceeded my allowed attempts logging into my online banking for my US account at Navy Federal.. I called them tonite and they said they'd have to mail out a LETTER to me again to restart my online banking again and it would take 7-10 business days for me to get it and have online access again... WHAT A LOAD OF #*$!!!! GAH!!!!! Perhaps it's the vodka talking but HONESTLY #######? MAIL? WHY CAN"T THEY JUST E_MAIL ME THE RESET PASSWORD FOR HEAVEN"S SAKE!!!!! :girlwerewolf2xn:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

I was half awake this morning and exceeded my allowed attempts logging into my online banking for my US account at Navy Federal.. I called them tonite and they said they'd have to mail out a LETTER to me again to restart my online banking again and it would take 7-10 business days for me to get it and have online access again... WHAT A LOAD OF #*$!!!! GAH!!!!! Perhaps it's the vodka talking but HONESTLY #######? MAIL? WHY CAN"T THEY JUST E_MAIL ME THE RESET PASSWORD FOR HEAVEN"S SAKE!!!!! :girlwerewolf2xn:

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous!

It's ONLINE...shouldn't it all be done online? <_<

I can see waiting like 24 hours before you can log in again but 7 to 10 flippin business days???

That's crazy!!! :bonk:

Sorry hon (F)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sorry but this is ridiculous!

It's ONLINE...shouldn't it all be done online? <_<

I can see waiting like 24 hours before you can log in again but 7 to 10 flippin business days???

That's crazy!!! :bonk:

Sorry hon (F)

I told the guy on the phone that it was rediculous.. he apologized for the inconvenience, it seems here in the US they are PARANOID about everything to do with someone's personal information.. He basically asked me every security question except - what side of the bed do you sleep on? So he KNEW he was speaking with me.. GAH!!!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Timeline
:ranting: Don't talk to me about the American banking system. I feel pure, unadulterated, RAGE whenever I think about it, because it's neverending bullsh!t. I hear ya on your rant, E. On a funny note, my branch asked me to apply for a job there. I don't think my fuse is long enough, as yet, to deal with their little boxed-in world. :protest:
iagree.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm none too pleased with the banking system down here either....and I've lived with it all my born days! Joel just shakes his head...it's nothing like back home he says. *sigh* Banking down here didn't used to be THIS much of a hassle. Believe it or not it used to be pleasant to do business with banks...but then again, they didn't used to be so darn big, as in branches all over the flippin place. IMHO, the bigger a bank gets, the worse their service gets.

Meh, I don't think I have what it takes to work in a bank.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

I hate it when you give people your own experience and they say THAT'S NOT TRUE, MY HOMEBOYS TOLD ME YOU CAN JUST BUY A VISA or anything equally idiotic. Both me and the super trailmix are giving right on answers and nooooooooooooo, this subtard insists. :angry:

So now I'm going to my balcony with mahhh coffeeeeee and a cigarette (yup Len = smoker = bad person).

Edited by Len_and_Bren

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
rators, sh*t, I thought they were for mixing drinks; they do work great for making screaming orgasms. :innocent:

HAHAHA good one!

Dear God... and I'm related to this pervert.... :blink::blink::blink:

Oh my....poor sister Len.... :crying:

We're here for you sis (F)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

I hate it when you give people your own experience and they say THAT'S NOT TRUE, MY HOMEBOYS TOLD ME YOU CAN JUST BUY A VISA or anything equally idiotic.

I know mine cost quite a few thou. :whistle::innocent:

:lol:

HAHAHA good one!

And you don't know the half of it sister.... :crying: :crying: having to bail him out every time the Toronto polic catches him flashing old ladies in the changing rooms at The Bay :crying: :crying: :crying:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I hate it when you give people your own experience and they say THAT'S NOT TRUE, MY HOMEBOYS TOLD ME YOU CAN JUST BUY A VISA or anything equally idiotic.

I know mine cost quite a few thou. :whistle::innocent:

:lol:

HAHAHA good one!

And you don't know the half of it sister.... :crying::crying: having to bail him out every time the Toronto polic catches him flashing old ladies in the changing rooms at The Bay :crying::crying::crying:

And to think I'm the good one. :lol: It was a big store, I got confused and thought it was a washroom. :innocent: Actually the police collected evidence of the crime and when the judge and jury looked at the pictures of me, they couldn't tell if I was facing towards them or away from them and threw out the charges. :innocent:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had a 'situation' with my bank a few weeks ago. Ok, so when the dollar went up (we bank with TD btw) we opened, or rather I opened, a U.S. dollar account. All good, dollar goes up, we move some money in there.

Now this account is only in my name as I opened it over the phone and my Husband was at work, this is no big deal - except they may want proof of intermingled finances - and anyway, it just seems like a good idea for him to have the latest asset statements in both our names (plus, for some reason on the account my title was coming up as "Miss" - I wanted to change that to Ms - no can do over the phone - later I found out that they can).

So they tell me, if you want to change it to a joint account later, you will have to go to a branch, which we do, on a Saturday a few weeks ago - no-can-do, we are too busy, make an appointment and come back (I don't go to banks generally - I was just making an exception- harumph).

So I call easyline back, explain that this is getting a tad too complicated (operator couldn't believe they wouldn't do it on the spot, apparently it is a 5 minute thing).

So this is what I did. I opened ANOTHER U.S. dollar account with TD, joint account, they mailed us signature cards, we mailed them back. The day the account appeared online I called them, moved all the money and closed the first account.

Yeah. :blink:

I had a 'situation' with my bank a few weeks ago. Ok, so when the dollar went up (we bank with TD btw) we opened, or rather I opened, a U.S. dollar account. All good, dollar goes up, we move some money in there.

Now this account is only in my name as I opened it over the phone and my Husband was at work, this is no big deal - except they may want proof of intermingled finances - and anyway, it just seems like a good idea for him to have the latest asset statements in both our names (plus, for some reason on the account my title was coming up as "Miss" - I wanted to change that to Ms - no can do over the phone - later I found out that they can).

So they tell me, if you want to change it to a joint account later, you will have to go to a branch, which we do, on a Saturday a few weeks ago - no-can-do, we are too busy, make an appointment and come back (I don't go to banks generally - I was just making an exception- harumph).

So I call easyline back, explain that this is getting a tad too complicated (operator couldn't believe they wouldn't do it on the spot, apparently it is a 5 minute thing).

So this is what I did. I opened ANOTHER U.S. dollar account with TD, joint account, they mailed us signature cards, we mailed them back. The day the account appeared online I called them, moved all the money and closed the first account.

Yeah. :blink:

:blink: That is WEIRD. I (L) TD (mostly). I still have a few accounts with them. It didn't phase them in the least that I was moving to the States. The others, well... that's another story.

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Please don't get me started about banks. :angry:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.