bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Is it me or any customer service /job/ whatever has to do with money here is always meant to screw us up ???

Never happened to me so much in Canada. Here its like they charge you one more month even if you cancelled, they don't give you the rebate they said they would when buying something, they FORGET to give you money, they give it in wrong account, etc

It never happened to me so much since I moved here. And it happened like 6-7 times in 9 months!!!! It's driving me nuts.

I hear you. I used to complain about our Credit Union in Edmonton. No more.... banking around here s-u-c-k-s. :angry: :angry:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Is it me or any customer service /job/ whatever has to do with money here is always meant to screw us up ???

Never happened to me so much in Canada. Here its like they charge you one more month even if you cancelled, they don't give you the rebate they said they would when buying something, they FORGET to give you money, they give it in wrong account, etc

It never happened to me so much since I moved here. And it happened like 6-7 times in 9 months!!!! It's driving me nuts.

It's you. :lol: I know the feeling, I'm on the phone with an institution of finance and I just got off the phone with the AZDMV. It's even more glamourous than it sounds. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Speaking of customer service, I meant to ask you guys - or those of you that have withdrawn money from an RRSP lately.

It was free to withdraw RRSP funds from TD. Then they decided to charge $25, now it is $50. Does your bank charge you to withdraw funds from your RRSP?

I'm talking your regular RRSP's here, not the ones locked in for a period of time or anything.

Dear Trailmix,

I would help you if i knew anything at all about financial matters.

:hehe:

Thank you Len and Mumsie...I am extremely touched!

(F)(L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L)(F)

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Don't even get me STARTED about the banking, Floridian "customer service", legal rip-offs, and con artists disguised as service providers here in the US. I lost my MIND this weekend over yet ANOTHER incident like that. Un. Be. Lievable. I was ready to pack my bags and go home, I tell ya. :ranting:

iagree.gif

Timeline
Speaking of customer service, I meant to ask you guys - or those of you that have withdrawn money from an RRSP lately.

It was free to withdraw RRSP funds from TD. Then they decided to charge $25, now it is $50. Does your bank charge you to withdraw funds from your RRSP?

I'm talking your regular RRSP's here, not the ones locked in for a period of time or anything.

I cashed out my RRSP's held by TD all in 1 shot last yr and yes there was a "fee" to do so,plus they took off 25% (think it was 25%)for taxes

Edited by flames9

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Dear Trailmix,

I would help you if i knew anything at all about financial matters.

:hehe:

Thank you Len and Mumsie...I am extremely touched!

(F)(L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L) (L)(F)

:star:

that must have been Mumsie :angry: , always trying to grab the ladies...... IR5, BEHAVE! Sister Spirit is a newly wed, so no touching :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I hear you. I used to complain about our Credit Union in Edmonton. No more.... banking around here s-u-c-k-s. :angry::angry:

YUP!!!! We just switched banks here. Regions/AmSouth sucks major! Gawd, I got so freaking tired of giving them my marriage cert, and SSN with NEW MARRIED NAME and my license with my NEW MARRIED NAME so I could get a new debit card. FOUR TIMES! Neither time did I get a new debit card. Then they kept fouling up our account...charges would appear as pending then the next day just disappear! AUGH!!!!!!! Computer systems a bit off they'd say...like we need THAT to happen with OUR money. Uh huh yeah. IMHO Regions/AmSouth had gotten so big (they recently bought out AmSouth) that customer service was obsolete. OH and the drive thrus....OMG....no window, no real live person. Just a small SMALL monitor (maybe 4X4) to "see" the teller. Oy Vey...they got on my last nerve that's for sure.

Our new bank is lovely. It's a small bank, not too many branches, and they actually smile at you when you go inside! I believe I was shocked into silence when the lady behind the teller booth actualluy asked me how I was doing...with a smile too! :D

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline
that must have been Mumsie :angry: , always trying to grab the ladies...... IR5, BEHAVE! Sister Spirit is a newly wed, so no touching :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Grabbing the ladies? Moi? I lack the opposable digits to grab much of anything. :lol: I have enough problems with trying to grab the remote for the tv. :lol: Inappropriate touching? I don't even touch myself. :lol:

IR5

Grabbing the ladies? Moi? I lack the opposable digits to grab much of anything. :lol: I have enough problems with trying to grab the remote for the tv. :lol: Inappropriate touching? I don't even touch myself. :lol:

Way to much info..... :blink:

MY EYES! MY EYES!!!!

Timeline

MY EYES! MY EYES!!!!

:lol: I guess it really does make you go blind Sis. My eyesight is perfect, how's yours? :lol:

IR5

MY EYES! MY EYES!!!!

:lol: I guess it really does make you go blind Sis. My eyesight is perfect, how's yours? :lol:

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo telling mom about this. You're luck is up brother. You are grounded, big trouble, big time. :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Timeline

You know, it's rather annoying that allllll through the winter, when I turn on a hot water tap I have to wait 3 hours for hot water (slight dramatization).

I'm tired of freezing my hands off washing them. I mean i can wait for the hot water but I am very very busy!

Oh and, in this house, the hot and cold pipes for the kitchen run through the (unheated) garage (don't ask). Last week the cold water pipe froze, luckily I was on top of it!

Funny. I very rarely run the hot water here because it always comes out warm. (In comparison to Canada.) When we were in Canada for Christmas, I was in the ladies' room at a restaurant, turned on the cold water tap and yelled "Whoo! That's cold!" The lady next to me looked at me like I had just declared that I was an alien. Which, of course, I am. :ph34r:

iagree.gif

Timeline
Funny. I very rarely run the hot water here because it always comes out warm. (In comparison to Canada.) When we were in Canada for Christmas, I was in the ladies' room at a restaurant, turned on the cold water tap and yelled "Whoo! That's cold!" The lady next to me looked at me like I had just declared that I was an alien. Which, of course, I am. :ph34r:

I knew it!!

bob_dylan.jpg

Just throwing this in here because I like it :hehe:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.