bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
krikit, you HAVE to read that one. it ignited soooo many responses that the guy had to have it closed! let me see if i can find the link

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1533131

Thanks for the link! Started reading it with this look on my face. :blink::unsure: . I'll have to come back to it, though. Hubby's finally home!!! :dance:

iagree.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
LEN I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!! WOO!!!! :thumbs:

Who wants to harrass me?

You may do it Here

:lol:

You're much too nice a person to have me do that. Now Len on the other hand.... :lol:

*runs off to stock up on holy water just in case his sister Len is around*

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
You mean questions like, "do these jeans make my butt look big?" :lol:

pantskh1.png

:lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My AOS interview has been booked for April 30- 6 weeks before our 2nd Anniversary. I was hoping it would move a little slower. I know I shouldn't complain- so far our process has been moving along but it would be so nice not to have to deal with removing conditions in 2 years.

My AOS interview has been booked for April 30- 6 weeks before our 2nd Anniversary. I was hoping it would move a little slower. I know I shouldn't complain- so far our process has been moving along but it would be so nice not to have to deal with removing conditions in 2 years.

It's a double edged sword MissStacey! I know you wanted your interview after your 2nd anniversary, at the same time, I'm glad you got your interview! Sounds weird, I know. :wacko: You know what I'd do? I'd ask the person at the interview if it's possible they could "officially" approve it, after your two year anniversary. The only thing they could say is "no". I'd do this AFTER you know you're approved at the interview however. I seem to remember some time ago (like a year??) where someone went to their interview and wanted it to have been a 10 year, after their 2 year anniversary, and that's what they ended up getting in the mail. There was some discussion around if they should send it back and tell them their mistake, but I think the OP opted to just keep the card.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I got a letter today from HBC - because I am such a valued customer (aww shucks) they are going to 'upgrade' my HBC card (which I rarely use - except when I get some discount or something) to a Mastercard. I can opt out if I want to.

So I think - may as well just cancel the card. I call and say - you know, just cancel it thanks - so we go through all the name, birthdate etc etc verification and then she says, "Let me just review the features of the card for you".

I asked her to repeat that - So she does. I said "why are we going to review the features when I am cancelling the card". She says ok and cancels it etc etc.

I think the matrix is out of order in the HBC/Mastercard phone center today.

Kinda like when they f up your phone connection and you call their service department on your cellphone because you have no land line so you're using all your minutes because they have you on hold for hours and when you're finally transferred around and around and around until you get someone who knows what they're talking about only to find out that they can't help you and then they say "Is there anything else I can do for you?" before they transfer you somewhere else and you say "No. I think you've done quite enough, thank you."

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes!!

Which reminded me, my sister uses VOIP through time warner and her phone was out last Friday. So on Saturday she had me call the service people and the guy says the error usually indicates a fried phone wire connection - have her run to the store and buy a new one, then call back before 4:30 if it doesn't work and we will get someone out there today.

FFWD to the next phone call (I knew he was just guessing - he was eating his lunch the whole time and probably wanted to finish that up).

They will send someone out on Tuesday - well what happened to Mack and getting someone out today - umm can't find him (I said he probably finished his lunch).

Anyway, the guy then says to me, we will send someone out Tuesday - can we call her before we come out :blink:

daffy_duck.jpg

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Its my last day at work today....Woooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooo

I-130:

05/26/07: Mailed USPS; 05/31/07: Priority Date established
09/13/07: Received NOA1 (PD 5/31, RD 5/31, ND 9/10, PM 9/11)
11/15/07: Case Approved
11/20/07: Received NOA2 by mail (PD 5/31, RD 6/9, ND 11/15, PM 11/19)

I-129F:
06/27/07: Mailed USPS; 07/09/07: Received NOA1 (PD N/A, RD 7/2, ND 7/6, PM 7/6)
11/20/07: Received NOA2 by mail (PD N/A, RD 7/6, ND 11/15, PM 11/19)
12/10/07: NVC Received case (12/24/07: Received Packet 3 in the mail)
01/02/08: Email from consulate. Interview scheduled on 01/23. Interview letter in the mail.
01/23/08: Interview in Vancouver Approved
01/24/08: K-3 Visa granted

I-485/I-765 (AOS/EAD):
02/22/08: Mailed USPS; 03/03/08: Received both I-797C NOAs by mail (RD 2/24, ND 2/29, PM 2/29)
03/19/08: Biometrics
05/07/08: EAD card received
07/28/08: Interview Notice Received. (ND 7/23)
09/29/08: Interview - Approved Class CR6

10/18/08: Received welcome letter; 10/23/08: Received Conditional Permanent Resident Card (PM 10/21)

I-751 (Remove Condition)

07/01/10: Mailed USPS
07/16/10: Received I-797C NOA by mail (RD 7/12)
07/29/10: Biometrics Appt Scheduled for 08/19/10 (ND 7/26)

09/16/10: Condition lifted and Permanent Resident Card Printed

09/25/10: Permanent Resident Card received

N-400 (Citizenship):
03/03/14: Mailed USPS
03/15/14: Received I-797C NOA by mail (PD 3/6, RD 3/06, ND 3/10)
03/17/14: Biometrics Appt Scheduled for 03/27/14 (ND 3/13)

04/03/14: Placed inline for interview scheduling

06/04/14: Interview Notice Received with Interview scheduled for 7/8. (ND 6/4)

07/08/14: Interview + RFE. Response Mailed 7/12. Website updated on 8/21 that response received. 8/25 Placed in queue for oath.

09/05/14: Oath Ceremony Letter Received (ND 9/2)

09/17/14: Oath Ceremony / Naturalized

PD = Priority Date, RD= Receipt Date, ND = Notice Date, PM = Post Marked

Yes!!

Which reminded me, my sister uses VOIP through time warner and her phone was out last Friday. So on Saturday she had me call the service people and the guy says the error usually indicates a fried phone wire connection - have her run to the store and buy a new one, then call back before 4:30 if it doesn't work and we will get someone out there today.

FFWD to the next phone call (I knew he was just guessing - he was eating his lunch the whole time and probably wanted to finish that up).

They will send someone out on Tuesday - well what happened to Mack and getting someone out today - umm can't find him (I said he probably finished his lunch).

Anyway, the guy then says to me, we will send someone out Tuesday - can we call her before we come out :blink:

daffy_duck.jpg

:rolleyes: I've got to stop reading this stuff. I'm getting ticked. lol

Its my last day at work today....Woooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooo

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!!!!!

df16x846.jpg

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Why do companies insist that you punch in your account number before they'll talk to you only to have the person on the other end of the phone ask for your account number straight off the bat? :wacko::wacko:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.