bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

So what you are saying is that you need a CNN support group?

I watch TV, I like some programs, I don't much care for CNN or news in general - although I watch from time to time.

TV is good for you :thumbs:

I like BBC on-line news and at times look at what the indie media is up to globally, too.

I used to listen to CBC radio every day...kept me company whilst working from home, and I miss it.

I have dialed in and listened on-line from time to time now...it just feels like I should listen to something local.

I have found NPR Chicago radio and have listened a little....it's just a new routine to become accustomed to.

(I, I, I, ooops...tee hee)

Routines are hard to break and challenging to set new ones.

A CNN support group?

Yes! :thumbs:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I watch TV, I like some programs, I don't much care for CNN or news in general - although I watch from time to time.

I like BBC on-line news and at times look at what the indie media is up to globally, too.

I used to listen to CBC radio every day...kept me company whilst working from home, and I miss it.

I have dialed in and listened on-line from time to time now...it just feels like I should listen to something local.

I have found NPR Chicago radio and have listened a little....it's just a new routine to become accustomed to.

A CNN support group?

Spirit, put down the remote and slowly back away from the TV. :lol: Online I read the Guardian and a few other papers from time to time but NPR has some great programs. CBC Radio is a gem. My father never misses cross-country checkup. When I watch TV, Military channel is interesting as is the History Channel and the Biography Channel. I ususually end up watching Bonanza or Wanted:Dead or Alive on Lone Star. Television may be Pablum for the mind, but it beats the ####### out of doing set after set of heavy squats, benches, power cleans, deadlifts, bent rows, military presses; come to think of it, all forms of exercise. :lol:

"Television! Teacher, mother, secret lover."- Homer Simpson :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

A CNN support group?

Spirit, put down the remote and slowly back away from the TV. :lol: Online I read the Guardian and a few other papers from time to time but NPR has some great programs. CBC Radio is a gem. My father never misses cross-country checkup. When I watch TV, Military channel is interesting as is the History Channel and the Biography Channel. I ususually end up watching Bonanza or Wanted:Dead or Alive on Lone Star. Television may be Pablum for the mind, but it beats the ####### out of doing set after set of heavy squats, benches, power cleans, deadlifts, bent rows, military presses; come to think of it, all forms of exercise. :lol:

"Television! Teacher, mother, secret lover."- Homer Simpson :lol:

Mumsie, you are a true GEM!

Yes, I must must must turn it off, hide the remote and get away from the living room.

Picture this: I am sitting here with laptoppy on lap, third listening to yet more rhetoric, did see some awesome coverage of weather in China, Cali and other extreme thingies going on with our climate...I love watching anything related to weather. Yes, the History channel, Discovery too when they are not doing those silly rebuild bikes/cars silliness thingies, and I have found IFC for some cool offbeat movies.

What I am wondering (and hence still watching, kinda) is this:

IS THERE ENOUGH RHETORIC LEFT IN THE WORLD THAT THESE POTENTIALS TO SPEW OUT UNTIL NOVEMBER??

They are really not saying anything...except to cut down their opponents. How horrid and ungoodsportmanwomanlike. Bleh!

It feels like when I was, gasp, a cheerleader way back in high school: rah rah rah siss boom bah! Go get 'em!!!

:star: :star: :star:

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
IS THERE ENOUGH RHETORIC LEFT IN THE WORLD THAT THESE POTENTIALS TO SPEW OUT UNTIL NOVEMBER??

They are really not saying anything...except to cut down their opponents. How horrid and ungoodsportmanwomanlike. Bleh!

It feels like when I was, gasp, a cheerleader way back in high school: rah rah rah siss boom bah! Go get 'em!!!

:star: :star: :star:

Absolutely! From what I have seen there is a never ending supply - the good news is, after a while it makes you laugh!

Ok vent

Some days I have more patience than other days, however this is just annoying me:

- People who reply to a thread (I'm talking immigration questions here not off topic :hehe:) - just to reply, when there are already 5 corresponding/supporting answers.

- Now this one really annoys me - when they don't read the original question ahhhhhh - then answer or ask a question out of context - if you aren't going to read the original post, then back away from the keyboard.

- People who continue to answer incorrectly even after the corroborating link or information has been given.

/rant

bonanza_hoss.jpg

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Timeline
Ok vent

Some days I have more patience than other days, however this is just annoying me:

- People who reply to a thread (I'm talking immigration questions here not off topic :hehe:) - just to reply, when there are already 5 corresponding/supporting answers.

- Now this one really annoys me - when they don't read the original question ahhhhhh - then answer or ask a question out of context - if you aren't going to read the original post, then back away from the keyboard.

- People who continue to answer incorrectly even after the corroborating link or information has been given.

/rant

bonanza_hoss.jpg

Uh oh... the trailmix is ON FIRE!!!

Dahlin'.... if people knew how to read and or when to shut the EFF off, we wouldn't have these problems. I agree with you in how sometimes folks give wrong info, even when I don't think that's done with malice --- I try not to respond to something I am not 100% sure of, but that's me being a nerd that wants facts.

Now, I will step away from the keyboard.... what was the original question?????????????????????? :blink:

I'm with ya sisters!

:yes:

Be succinct.

Be aware.

or

Be gone!

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

:star::star::star:

Absolutely! From what I have seen there is a never ending supply - the good news is, after a while it makes you laugh!

Ok vent

- People who reply to a thread (I'm talking immigration questions here not off topic :hehe: ) - just to reply, when there are already 5 corresponding/supporting answers.

/rant

bonanza_hoss.jpg

Or this one: People who dredge up OLD posts....months or even more than a year old...and post a reply. Oy Vey!

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Wanted:Dead or Alive....

Way before my time, but gotta love the "King of Cool" Steve McQueen!!

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok vent

- People who reply to a thread (I'm talking immigration questions here not off topic :hehe: ) - just to reply, when there are already 5 corresponding/supporting answers.

/rant

bonanza_hoss.jpg

Trailmix, you must just love the current US administration. :lol: Now if you'll excuse me I've got to go to Niger in Africa to get some uranium. :lol:

I believe that we cannot allow a rhetoric gap to develop between ourselves and those nations that would use non sequiturs for nefarious purposes. With this in mind I have authorized a massive disinformation campaign, Slack and Jaw to be carried out immediately against those who would challenge our moral equivalency. We cannot allow nations such as Iran to acquire nuke-u-ler redactors.

In addition, in an attempt to fix the looming problems with Social Security, I have authorized a new hedge fund to help those families who need to save for future retirement. It administered by a few highly select individuals and will control our interests all over the world. This new program will be called US hegemony.

In closing I would like to state that while we cannot correct the mistakes of past administrations but we must have a foolhardy plan for the future. A plan that is fair yet flexible for every American. Thank you and God Bless America. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Ok vent

/rant

bonanza_hoss.jpg

Trailmix, you must just love the current US administration. :lol: Now if you'll excuse me I've got to go to Niger in Africa to get some uranium. :lol:

I believe that we cannot allow a rhetoric gap to develop between ourselves and those nations that would use non sequiturs for nefarious purposes. With this in mind I have authorized a massive disinformation campaign, Slack and Jaw to be carried out immediately against those who would challenge our moral equivalency. We cannot allow nations such as Iran to acquire nuke-u-ler redactors.

In addition, in an attempt to fix the looming problems with Social Security, I have authorized a new hedge fund to help those families who need to save for future retirement. It administered by a few highly select individuals and will control our interests all over the world. This new program will be called US hegemony.

In closing I would like to state that while we cannot correct the mistakes of past administrations but we must have a foolhardy plan for the future. A plan that is fair yet flexible for every American. Thank you and God Bless America. :lol:

YES.

We need a leader.

A general.

We will call this general:

GENERAL DISARRAY!*

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

*name borrowed from South Park

Over & out, Spirit

:lol: IR5 and Spirit

Oh and this: nuke-u-ler - makes my Husband squirrely!

The current US president says it like that as do many news talking heads.

Bah!

Drives me bonkers too.

And what about when people say irregardless?

The word is regardless. :blink:

Over & out, Spirit

Ok vent

I believe I can help with this one. Some of us *cough* are a tad OCD and must refine and double and triple-check our posts prior to hitting "submit". During that time, everyone and their mother has had time to respond, and you (I) end up being late to the party once again. :blush:

And, yeah.... can't stand the people who continue to post erroneous information when facts are all there in black and white. I don't get it.

iagree.gif

After doing this :blink: and then this :rolleyes: I've been known to play with them. ;)

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.