The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I have a job that I want to interview for, and they are very interested in interviewing me... but without the EAD, and without knowing when it will arrive, they can't interview me because they are looking to hire within the next few weeks :cry:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: Timeline
I have a job that I want to interview for, and they are very interested in interviewing me... but without the EAD, and without knowing when it will arrive, they can't interview me because they are looking to hire within the next few weeks :cry:

Saludos,

Caro

I don't know for sure.... maybe someone else does.... but I thought you had 90 days to produce evidence of employment authorization? Meaning, by the time the 90 days is up, you should have received your EAD document. And I only thought the employer needed it if they were asked for it by the Government? :unsure: Go to the interview, Caro. It should take them at least a few weeks to finish the interview process. If they call to offer you the position, hopefully you would have received something by then. If not, you can show them your receipt for the application and let them know you should be receiving it shortly.

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

AAAHHHH!

I cut and paste from Word (I have a Mac) and in this forum all the quotes and quotation marks went wonky!

Why why why!!!!?

If you read my interview thread read post 2 until they erase post one ...I made a request.

AHHHHHH!!

:lol:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Do you know the definition of the WORST-fukcing-Xmas- EVER? It goes kind of like this:

You mother in Mexico city suffers brain aneurysm and is rushed to the ICU for brain surgery on Xmas-fukcing-eve.

You are stuck in freeekin Seattle screaming like Mary Magdalen.

You go to the inlaws for Xmas day dinner and find out that the sister in law from hell is having a baby.

Needless to say, I am having a "GO AHEAD PUNK, GIMME A REASON" day.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Do you know the definition of the WORST-fukcing-Xmas- EVER? It goes kind of like this:

You mother in Mexico city suffers brain aneurysm and is rushed to the ICU for brain surgery on Xmas-fukcing-eve.

You go to the inlaws for Xmas day dinner and find out that the sister in law from hell is having a baby.

(((((((((((((((((((((Len))))))))))))))))))))))))) No words...just my thoughts going out to you. Love ya girl. (F)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Len, I'm so sorry

Sending you big hugs

(F)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Len- I am so sorry. (F)

Oh Len,

Isn't life just crazy sometimes?

And what do you do with it?

Don't let it kill your fun spirit, and use that energy towards solving what you can.

Life is one big test...I tell ya.

Hang in there...

this too shall pass.

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

Aw Len, i'm sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. How is your Mom doing now?

Sh1tty. Real sh1tty. ICU bound, had encephalitis complications and went into surgery again - came out fine with a fukcing tube sporuting from her head. I HATE NOT BEING THERE. :crying:

Dear Len honey, you know all of us are with you, and we hope you can get out there ASAP!

Much love and healing to your mom from your VJ family.

(L) (L) (L)

Do keep us informed...if you can.

Over & out, Spirit

My brother seems to be the most equanimous of them all - he says she is ok, aware, talking and stable but of course recovery is long and complicated. Dad is about to go in and see her (he didn't want to, since he is famous for being desperately in love with her and gets extremely fukced up when she as much as coughs) and I will call in about one more hour.

thanks for listening you guys.

*hugs Len*

In other news, USCIS wants me to retake my fingerprints next week, and we still haven't received our privacy disclosure form from Congressman Whatshisname's office.

And I'm desperately homesick. Bleh.

Edited by ~Nini~

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.