bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I now know what it feels like to be a sardine:

I have ridden the Montreal Metro during this snow fisaco!

:blink:

FUN!!!

AMATEUR. Try riding the subway in Mexico City circa 8 a.m.... now that's a full blown squeezy orgy for 3 pesos ;)

Bahaha!!

Hmmm...I may like that... ;)

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Timeline

FUN!!!

AMATEUR. Try riding the subway in Mexico City circa 8 a.m.... now that's a full blown squeezy orgy for 3 pesos ;)

Bahaha!!

I knew you would you dirty dirty bbbbbb... seems that the winter makes Canadians become immediate pervs.... "automatic orgymaster, just add snow" :blink:

FUN!!!

Bahaha!!

I knew you would you dirty dirty bbbbbb... seems that the winter makes Canadians become immediate pervs.... "automatic orgymaster, just add snow" :blink:

I will never confess!

NEVER!!!

Look at me, I'm a mess.

They squeezed me so hard my dyslexia has gotten worse.

I meant fiasco...of course, you knew that.

:star:

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

Okay, my turn....confessions in the night...

I may be having a melt down.

Thank you all so much for so many laughs, because honestly I couldn't handle myself without this forum.

The ridiculous cold and amounts of snow (although funny and festive and beautiful, it is still a mess in a city),

the upcoming interview (AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH),

the paperwork to sort through that is all over my floor to a manageable amount to bring along,

my faraway client's project deadline (intense),

the city-shopping-frenzy-energy (not mine, everyone else's, I feel sick when I think of the affliction of affluenza),

furniture sold pick-up times from craigslist peops coming,

FedEx screwing up royally and not bringing important papers AAAAAARRRRR,

my darling fiancé's flight tomorrow late night (and the unpredictable weather),

the tear down of my temporary home here,

the cancellation and fees for utilities, internet, etc. (buggers are impossible to deal with)

getting psychologically ready for another transition (a whole whack of 'em really),

and more...

Well, I am just one, although larger than life sometimes, I am feeling incredibly small now.

Must repeat mantra:

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

sigh...

:o

Over & out, Spirit

Okay, my turn....confessions in the night...

I may be having a melt down.

Thank you all so much for so many laughs, because honestly I couldn't handle myself without this forum.

The ridiculous cold and amounts of snow (although funny and festive and beautiful, it is still a mess in a city),

the upcoming interview (AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH),

the paperwork to sort through that is all over my floor to a manageable amount to bring along,

my faraway client's project deadline (intense),

the city-shopping-frenzy-energy (not mine, everyone else's, I feel sick when I think of the affliction of affluenza),

furniture sold pick-up times from craigslist peops coming,

FedEx screwing up royally and not bringing important papers AAAAAARRRRR,

my darling fiancé's flight tomorrow late night (and the unpredictable weather),

the tear down of my temporary home here,

the cancellation and fees for utilities, internet, etc. (buggers are impossible to deal with)

getting psychologically ready for another transition (a whole whack of 'em really),

and more...

Well, I am just one, although larger than life sometimes, I am feeling incredibly small now.

Must repeat mantra:

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

sigh...

:o

you'll be fine sweetie.- just remember NOT to behave like either me, termophile, IR5, Laura, and others like us ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
you'll be fine sweetie.- just remember NOT to behave like either me, termophile, IR5, Laura, and others like us ;)

^^^ I am not mentioned here with the kooks :pop: anyhoo

Well blah, that all sounds overwhelming. Try not to think about the actual move, that's all way too much to think about at once - and you are only one - however you will be two tomorrow :)

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Spirit: You will do GREAT! :)

In the spirit of the season I'd like to say I'm happy and life is grand. But honestly, I'm pissy. My 16 year old son is being a butthead and not appreciating all his mommy does for him, yet appreciates the ONE thing his dad and step mom have done (no, I'm not bitter!). Two of my friends are absolute flakes.

I spent the day grading like crazy because I'm leaving tomorrow to see P (yay) and tonight is the school concert (son is in it) and the kid trade-off. I still have to wash the dog, drop her off, finish laundry, PACK and find the damn cat.

I feel better just listing all of that!

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

^^^ I am not mentioned here with the kooks :pop: anyhoo

Well blah, that all sounds overwhelming. Try not to think about the actual move, that's all way too much to think about at once - and you are only one - however you will be two tomorrow :)

Topo gigia.... no matter how hard you try, you're waaaaay too darn nice sister. Us lost souls have no redeeming qualities :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Thank you so much

Len & Bren

Jundp

Trailmix

and just like you Jundp, no sooner did I write all that #######,

I went back to work and felt sooo much better.

Steam let out.

Poor Trailmix feeling left out by Len

Len, I tell you, she is evil.

Pure evil.

I can tell these things.

B)

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Thank you so much

Len & Bren

Jundp

Trailmix

Steam let out.

Pure evil.

I can tell these things.

B)

Spirit is wrong len and you are right :huh:

Even though I love the US and its people, I definitely have a love-hate relationship due to the ####### that I've been put through. Not only with immigration, but with the regular day-to-day aspects of life as well. Since I've lived an entire adult life knowing and learning one set of rules, I thought I had it down pat. But nothing they do here is anything like they do in Canada, so it just gets so darn frustrating. *sigh*

I am so curious Krikit. Could you tell us more? I have spent a lot of time in the U.S. and mostly noticed the ridiculous amount of flags. I guess you need to be reminded of where you live in case you are too drunk or something...hahaha, ahem, and I do notice some philosophical difference, like about things like guns.

It's the details, huh?

B)

Yes, there is definitely a flag frenzy in the US. I think it's great for July 4th and Veterans Day and Memorial Day and such but.... gee whiz.... EVERY day on EVERY streetlamp?

Wow, Spirit. Where do I begin? The banking system is obsolete. The service industry and telemarketing tactics verge on the edge of criminal. The wastefulness of resources is nauseating. Especially given the fact that recycling is virtually non-existent. God help you if you don't have a SSN or don't have the number memorized if you do..... they refuse to help you otherwise.

Having said all that, there are also the good things that offset the questionable, so there is a balance. But sheesh. It does get frustrating sometimes.

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Autumn - Darn those pregnancy hormones! They really can mess with a girl's mind sometimes. LOL. So glad you recognize it happens..... some have not a clue. Now stop all that worrying about things which may never come to pass. You're taking away from the peace and happiness of today.

Spirit - It DOES get overwhelming, doesn't it? But you'll get through it and all too soon it will be far behind you. I'm glad you're feeling better now.

Jun - I feel for you. Forget about the butthead. He'll be doing the exact same thing to the Dad and the StepMom.... saying how great you are and my Mom does this and my Mom does that. Not a doubt in my mind. :no: Now run along and have a great trip. And don't forget your scarf.

iagree.gif

Even though I love the US and its people, I definitely have a love-hate relationship due to the ####### that I've been put through. Not only with immigration, but with the regular day-to-day aspects of life as well. Since I've lived an entire adult life knowing and learning one set of rules, I thought I had it down pat. But nothing they do here is anything like they do in Canada, so it just gets so darn frustrating. *sigh*

I am so curious Krikit. Could you tell us more? I have spent a lot of time in the U.S. and mostly noticed the ridiculous amount of flags. I guess you need to be reminded of where you live in case you are too drunk or something...hahaha, ahem, and I do notice some philosophical difference, like about things like guns.

It's the details, huh?

B)

Yes, there is definitely a flag frenzy in the US. I think it's great for July 4th and Veterans Day and Memorial Day and such but.... gee whiz.... EVERY day on EVERY streetlamp?

Wow, Spirit. Where do I begin? The banking system is obsolete. The service industry and telemarketing tactics verge on the edge of criminal. The wastefulness of resources is nauseating. Especially given the fact that recycling is virtually non-existent. God help you if you don't have a SSN or don't have the number memorized if you do..... they refuse to help you otherwise.

Having said all that, there are also the good things that offset the questionable, so there is a balance. But sheesh. It does get frustrating sometimes.

It's been soooo long that I've had to tangle with bank accounts or anything else like that in Canada that I have forgotten if our SIN (social insurance number) was something we needed to declare at every turn,

Hmmmm...

How can such a country as the mighty USA have an obsolete banking system?

It sounds like a lack of congruency.

Those flags....I swear, if they sold each one for a nickel (to whom? nevermind, I'm trying to make a point), they could feed their own starving childrena dn homeless. Ha!

Are you in smalltown USA or some megalocity?

Just curious...

I opened a bank account and go a U.S. cellphone number a long time ago.

Obviously I was not working in the U.S. nor lived there, nor had a SSN.

Anyone can do these things....you don;t have to be a U.S. resident.

(This was way before I met my precious fiancé.)

I want to give more thought to differences I noticed and respond again later...

Spirit...Spirit....best of luck on your interview. We will be anxiously awaiting your return here to tell us all about it!

Carla (F)

Thank you kindly Carla!

:)

Autumn - Darn those pregnancy hormones! They really can mess with a girl's mind sometimes. LOL. So glad you recognize it happens..... some have not a clue. Now stop all that worrying about things which may never come to pass. You're taking away from the peace and happiness of today.

Spirit - It DOES get overwhelming, doesn't it? But you'll get through it and all too soon it will be far behind you. I'm glad you're feeling better now.

Jun - I feel for you. Forget about the butthead. He'll be doing the exact same thing to the Dad and the StepMom.... saying how great you are and my Mom does this and my Mom does that. Not a doubt in my mind. :no: Now run along and have a great trip. And don't forget your scarf.

Thanks to you too Krikit.

Trying not to throw up...hee hee.

nerves....

Thank you so much

Len & Bren

Jundp

Trailmix

Steam let out.

Pure evil.

I can tell these things.

B)

Spirit is wrong len and you are right :huh:

I truly meant it tongue firmly placed in cheek Trailmix. ;)

Over & out, Spirit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.