bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
<---is Chinese, speaks Cantonese.

I totally used to do the fake accent at work. Not because it was funny, but because I used to get customers who thought I didn't speak English or would ask me "OMG WHAR U LERN GUD ENGRISH".

...okay, I also watch a lot of Russell Peters. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

My cousin's husband (Jay) used to work for Coke. One of his favourite customers, Mr Lee, called him up to order more "cocaine". He took my cousin Kelly (who is six years older than him) to meet him. Before Jay could introduce them, Mr Lee innocently said "Ohhhh. Is this yoa muvva?" Kelly's jaw dropped and Jay said "Ohhhh, maaaaan. You have NO idea the sh!t I'm in for now." When she tells the story we HOWL. :lol:

iagree.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
VENT: WHY DOESN'T ANY OF YOU ANSWER MY FREAKING POST ON CAR INSURANCE???????????????????????? :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

You smell funny.

(I don't know anything about our car insurance, other than it's State Farm and we pay a hundred or so dollars per month.)

Looks like Len has another admirer. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
okay guys, what should I do?

Some Chinese lady keeps calling my house, she doesn't speak English. She's called like 5 times now, all afternoon. An hour will go by, she'll call again. Half an hour more, then again. I feel so bad cause I can't help her.

:(

Order Combo #5. :thumbs:

Stir fried rat balls?

IR5

Timeline

I totally used to do the fake accent at work. Not because it was funny, but because I used to get customers who thought I didn't speak English or would ask me "OMG WHAR U LERN GUD ENGRISH".

Shame on you, it could be worse, you could be watching Shaun Majumder. :lol::lol::lol:

IR5

Some Chinese lady keeps calling my house, she doesn't speak English. She's called like 5 times now, all afternoon. An hour will go by, she'll call again. Half an hour more, then again. I feel so bad cause I can't help her.

Stir fried rat balls?

I believe it was squid's eyeballs with chocolate sauce!

Yummmm...

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Shame on you, it could be worse, you could be watching Shaun Majumder. :lol::lol::lol:

Gabriel Iglesias is hilarious too. But nothing beats "$34.50". I'd give my right arm to see Russell Peters live again.

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Timeline

Stir fried rat balls?

I believe it was squid's eyeballs with chocolate sauce!

Yummmm...

I had a friend who used to phone up Chinese restaurants in his best country bumpkin (I'm being polite here) accent and ask for crazy things like Dragon d*ck. His family was from Kowloon and he of course, spoke Cantonese. He'd translate for us when they'd start swearing at him. I still laugh thinking about all the fake accent pranks we used to do. Good times. :thumbs:

IR5

Russell Peters and Shaun Majumder are too funny. Have you seen Omid Djalili yet? He is a scream.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am so fed up with my current situation. I just want to pack up and move back to Canada. Sigh.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I am so fed up with my current situation. I just want to pack up and move back to Canada. Sigh.

That's too bad brad, what's going on?

Oh and I am sorry these other people have sullied your vent thread <_<

:( What's wrong?

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay.. so tonite I received a new credit card.. Big news for little old me and my lack of credit history here in the US.. so I call the 1-800 number to activate the card. I get a guy who's obviously in a call center (I can hear people talking in the background), but all of a sudden there is like screaming and party noise!! It was so loud I couldn't even make out what the guy was saying!! It sounded like a pub or dance club or something!! It was unreal and I motioned to my hubby in another room to come and listen to the background noise.. HE couldn't believe it either!! So i stopped the guy and said.. I want to speak to your manager.. and he was like Sure!! So he transferred me to a woman who said she was the "manager" of the call center, and that they were having a "Santa look a like contest" to "spread some holiday cheer".. and they were just giving their employees something to have fun with. WHAT THE?

I told her it was TOTALLY unprofessional to answer a phone call from a customer and the noise be SO loud that they couldn't even HEAR.. not to mention when you are dealing with financial matters, it gave me a SICK feeling to know THESE JOKERS have my private personal information.. GAH!!!!! She told me she was sorry I was upset.. and I said.. is my card activate? and when she said yes.. i hung up.. :angry:

Unbelievable... totally..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Okay.. so tonite I received a new credit card.. Big news for little old me and my lack of credit history here in the US.. so I call the 1-800 number to activate the card. I get a guy who's obviously in a call center (I can hear people talking in the background), but all of a sudden there is like screaming and party noise!! It was so loud I couldn't even make out what the guy was saying!! It sounded like a pub or dance club or something!! It was unreal and I motioned to my hubby in another room to come and listen to the background noise.. HE couldn't believe it either!! So i stopped the guy and said.. I want to speak to your manager.. and he was like Sure!! So he transferred me to a woman who said she was the "manager" of the call center, and that they were having a "Santa look a like contest" to "spread some holiday cheer".. and they were just giving their employees something to have fun with. WHAT THE?

I told her it was TOTALLY unprofessional to answer a phone call from a customer and the noise be SO loud that they couldn't even HEAR.. not to mention when you are dealing with financial matters, it gave me a SICK feeling to know THESE JOKERS have my private personal information.. GAH!!!!! She told me she was sorry I was upset.. and I said.. is my card activate? and when she said yes.. i hung up.. :angry:

Unbelievable... totally..

Just the idea of call center peepz walking around dressed like Santa Claus is way too funny, or creepy, or pathetic.

Sorry you had a bad experience, but wooohooo for the credit card!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.