bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

cuz sometimes it makes me sad that there's no one here... just VJ.. and it makes you miss humans more... =(

I don't know.. I think I'm just moody today

I think you all should move to Arlington, VA.. =)

washington_dc_014_arlington_cemetery_headstones_rows_big.jpg

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
cuz sometimes it makes me sad that there's no one here... just VJ.. and it makes you miss humans more... =(

hmm, umm, no. I hope that isn't the pic they use in the tourist literature.

Hey, we are human! Even IR5 is.

Timeline
ya.. but I wish you all were non-e-human.. on VJ, that's what it leaves us as...

=)

I don't want to be an e-human :cry:

Anyhoo, I guess it all depends on how you look at it. I don't see us as e-humans, I just see us as people. It has never mattered to me whether the person is sitting across the table from me or on the other side of the world.

Although, I understand that some people really like the good ole face to face contact and miss it and if I was in Virginia I would come and have coffee with you, definately.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

hmm, umm, no. I hope that isn't the pic they use in the tourist literature.

Hey, we are human! Even IR5 is.

Since when, how come nobody told me. :lol:

Liz, is there a volunteer opportunity in your area that can keep you busy? Might help you cope better. Hobbies are always good and help you meet people from your area. When I'm bored, I read a book or do some work in the garden or go for a long walk. I guess it really depends on how social a person you are.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
ya.. but I wish you all were non-e-human.. on VJ, that's what it leaves us as...

=)

I don't want to be an e-human :cry:

Anyhoo, I guess it all depends on how you look at it. I don't see us as e-humans, I just see us as people. It has never mattered to me whether the person is sitting across the table from me or on the other side of the world.

Although, I understand that some people really like the good ole face to face contact and miss it and if I was in Virginia I would come and have coffee with you, definately.

And bring the Coffeemate. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Hey Liz, we're in the same boat - I think I'm going to go crazy if I play another video game at the computer. And if you were in the area, I'd totally take you out for coffee. ^_^

As an aside, today was not a great start for us - I've been pestering Bee to call our congressman's office to see ####### is going on with our as-yet-unreplied email, and he said he wanted to wait until Monday since he didn't think they'd do anything today being a Friday. -_- Finally when he realised he wouldn't get any peace in the house, he called them up. Ten minutes later, he hung up and sheepishly said, "Well, that was easy." Hopefully the office will call back by Wednesday - that's when we're going to call back if we haven't been given an update.

*sigh*

I had one of my minor cryfests today basically afterwards feeling like such a displaced person. I know this is going to end, I just don't know when.

*hugs Delicia* I hope things are better for you today though. :)

Edited by ~Nini~

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Oh, and I just called Service Canada and they told me that I wasn't eligible for EI because I am shy 15 hours (out of 700) of insurable employment from my three ROEs.

The good news is, if the unemployment rate goes up and the qualifying number of insurable hours drop, I'm allowed to renew my claim.

The bad news is, that might not ever happen. :(

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh, and I just called Service Canada and they told me that I wasn't eligible for EI because I am shy 15 hours (out of 700) of insurable employment from my three ROEs.

The good news is, if the unemployment rate goes up and the qualifying number of insurable hours drop, I'm allowed to renew my claim.

The bad news is, that might not ever happen. :(

15 hrs? Holy flipping Norah.. what a bunch of tightwads.. that's less than 2 shifts.. GAHHHHHHHHHHH Sometimes I'd like to go postal over Gov. red tape.. :P

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Love L&O, great show!! Head downTown to the museums, so many to see! Hope u guys managed to find acceptable accomodations in Arlington. We miss the Ballston area.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I think I'm in the same boat, Nini.

Online it says: We are not able to establish a claim for you because you did not work the required number of hours to qualify for Employment Insurance (EI) benefits.

But I got two claim forms in the mail to send my hours for the weeks of 25th Nov upto 15th Dec.

So I'm confused.. Can I file or not!>#?!@#

Left a vm with EI out of state claims office.

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Timeline

With regards to EI, i think once you file initially, the EI people start sending out those weekly forms. I know I got them right away when I initailly filed, then my case was denied! Its as if they dont varify ur info right away. Hopefully you can get things straightened out right away. But you should be able to figure out how many hrs youi have and what they require??? Best of luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.