The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

I am seriously doubting that I accepted a good job. I cannot believe anything anyone in that stupid office tells me. I have been there 10 weeks and it feels like 10 years. I am thinking about finding a new job; however, I accepted a lump sum relocation from the company and it takes 2 years to work it off. Perhaps when I hit my 1 year mark, when I only owe 50% back, I will run like a bat out of hell.

Not to mention, immigration just sucks donkey balls and I don't think I will ever live with my husband again because I will die of old age before anything gets done. How can this possibly happen 2 times in a row??????

Edited by Delicia

My blog

10/01/2005: Married in Toronto

02/15/2006: Began Canadian Immigration

09/19/2007: Withdrew CIC application (they still hadn't processed anything)

10/01/2007: Moved back to U.S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IR-1 application through Montreal Consulate

10/26/2007: I-130 mailed to CA Service Center

10/29/2007: USPS confirmation of receipt of I-130

02/13/2008: NOA-1 received (107 days)

07/02/2008: I-130 approved

07/22/2008: AOS filed including EAD and AP

07/25/2008: NOA-1s for all 3 received

08/20/2008: Biometrics appointment

08/22/2008: Received RFE for Affadivit of Support and Medical

10/21/2008: Submitted I-865W in lieu of co-sponsor and medical info to NSC

11/14/2008: online case status not updated since filing of AOS in July 2008

01/20/2009: Received another RFE for Affadavit of Support Info

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

02/23/2009: AP received (again, no online updates)

02/26/2009: Received interview appointment letter for 4/6/09

04/06/2009: AOS approved for unconditional GC

04/21/2009: GC received

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I am seriously doubting that I accepted a good job. I cannot believe anything anyone in that stupid office tells me. I have been there 10 weeks and it feels like 10 years. I am thinking about finding a new job; however, I accepted a lump sum relocation from the company and it takes 2 years to work it off. Perhaps when I hit my 1 year mark, when I only owe 50% back, I will run like a bat out of hell.

Take a relaxed attitude about work. Works for me. :thumbs:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

It's hard when my boss, the director, likes to point her finger at me when it wasn't me or even anyone on my team that performed the indiscretion. She gets me in her office and rags on me about everything, regardless. She blames me for the color of her car. :(

And right now, I am late for the company holiday party. I so don't want to go...

Edited by Delicia

My blog

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02/02/2009: Responded to RFE with brand new AOS based on 2008 tax return (if that doesn't shut them up, dunno what will)

02/19/2009: EAD card received in mail (no updates on Online Case Status ever made)

Timeline
It's hard when my boss, the director, likes to point her finger at me when it wasn't me or even anyone on my team that performed the indiscretion. She gets me in her office and rags on me about everything, regardless. She blames me for the color of her car. :(

And right now, I am late for the company holiday party. I so don't want to go...

She's jealous. She's got issues. Ride this out and she'll see that she can't get to you. Go to the party and smile as if nothing is happening. Talk to her and it will totally mess with her brain. Don't get upset, just remember, REVENGE IS A DISH THAT IS BEST SERVED COLD. Bide your time.

IR5

Timeline

So I drove all the way to the place where they are holding the company party and I sat in my car and cried. I am just way too emotional to be in a quasi-professional-social scene at the moment. I would probably go off on someone and well, be the one that got fired at the Holiday Party that everyone would remember for years to come.

I need to have a serious heart to heart with the guy who is training me. I am supposed to be taking over his job as he was promoted but they are waiting for him to find a 'competent' replacement as the position is pretty vital to their biggest client. He owes me some explanations why I am caught in the cross fire between him (my mentor, if you will) and our boss (we report to the same director). She only seems to call me in on the carpet when he (the mentor) is out of the office, which is pretty back handed.

My blog

Timeline
So I drove all the way to the place where they are holding the company party and I sat in my car and cried. I am just way too emotional to be in a quasi-professional-social scene at the moment. I would probably go off on someone and well, be the one that got fired at the Holiday Party that everyone would remember for years to come.

I need to have a serious heart to heart with the guy who is training me. I am supposed to be taking over his job as he was promoted but they are waiting for him to find a 'competent' replacement as the position is pretty vital to their biggest client. He owes me some explanations why I am caught in the cross fire between him (my mentor, if you will) and our boss (we report to the same director). She only seems to call me in on the carpet when he (the mentor) is out of the office, which is pretty back handed.

I am so sorry. If any of us could have been there for you, we would have been there in a minute. Sounds like office politics are getting in the way of job performance. I've been down that road before so you must clear the air as soon as possible. Your emotional and physical health will be much better off in the long term. Good luck and please keep us posted. Hang in there hun. If you need to vent, let it out. This is a safe place to let out your frustrations. Don't let those MOFOs get to you. :thumbs:

IR5

I am so sorry. If any of us could have been there for you, we would have been there in a minute. Sounds like office politics are getting in the way of job performance. I've been down that road before so you must clear the air as soon as possible. Your emotional and physical health will be much better off in the long term. Good luck and please keep us posted. Hang in there hun. If you need to vent, let it out. This is a safe place to let out your frustrations. Don't let those MOFOs get to you. :thumbs:

Oh sweet heart, yes we are here for you, in that loving virtual way.

Still, sometimes that is enough.

So do lean on all of us.

You are going through so much, they should crown Queen of Seeing Challenging Things Through (or something, feel free to improvise) :)

I haven't had to deal with that of ####### in ages, so I have forgotten what it feels like, however a straightforward open communication where you are not simply eating anyone's sh*t, and you get to ask for what you need, and all will go well.

In other words, as Mumsie said, what is a job worth? Your health (mental and physical)?

I have always been the squeaky wheel and have uncovered that I always got what I wanted...quickly.

It was always for the better good of the department; rarely something just for me.

Give us some scenarios you need help with and we can try.

:D

So sorry to read the state you are in...mmmm...are you feeling better today?

Edited by SpiritAlight

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

One of my good girlfriends here in Mtl has a similar boss.

A woman that rags on her constantly and kills any op for her to change departments by giving a bad reference.

Finally she cried on my shoulder about it and I felt which tack she could try:

I saw it like this....her boss must actually really need her to stay by her side because she likes her, and so gives the bad references...or else why wouldn't she just let her go?? Hmmm?

Guess what?

My friend has been going to work with this new way of feeling about her b*tchy boss, and her boss has been nice to her for weeks now.

I am also amazed!

It's all about energy.

And that starts at the core.

Ask her if she is having a hard time at home?

Be compassionate and melt her.

Ha!

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Blah Delicia, that is really tough.

I'm sorry you have this on top of all of the immigration hassle. Oh office drama, why can't people just go to work and be nice to each other. There has to be at least 1 in every room.

I have worked in many places where there is some....well you get the idea, anyway, one thing I have found is that people will treat you the way you want them to treat you. It's in the way you stand, the way you work, the way you look at them. Don't allow these people to push you around, before she starts with you, give her that look that says - don't even go there - it really does work and doesn't have to be aggressive - people respond to the vibe you give off.

(barring the nicer approach that Spirit suggested - this is a - just in case the nicer approach doesn't work haha)

Timeline
Blah Delicia, that is really tough.

I'm sorry you have this on top of all of the immigration hassle. Oh office drama, why can't people just go to work and be nice to each other. There has to be at least 1 in every room.

I have worked in many places where there is some....well you get the idea, anyway, one thing I have found is that people will treat you the way you want them to treat you. It's in the way you stand, the way you work, the way you look at them. Don't allow these people to push you around, before she starts with you, give her that look that says - don't even go there - it really does work and doesn't have to be aggressive - people respond to the vibe you give off.

(barring the nicer approach that Spirit suggested - this is a - just in case the nicer approach doesn't work haha)

I guess giving the boss a swirly is out of the question. :lol:

IR5

Timeline
I filed for SSN on Nov 26 and still haven't gotten a letter or anything!!!!!!!!!!!

Christmas slowdown. :crying:

IR5

I miss you guys.. but it's hard to not have actual interaction with people here when you're pretty much stuck in the house.. it's poo sometimes

How many L & O episodes can you watch without going a little crazy!!!

286318BgIF_w.jpg

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Why are you missing us, why aren't you here??

and what is L - ok the penny dropped - law and order.

I miss you guys.. but it's hard to not have actual interaction with people here when you're pretty much stuck in the house.. it's poo sometimes

How many L & O episodes can you watch without going a little crazy!!!

286318BgIF_w.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.