The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Drinking and driving is bad. But, it's not murder if someone dies as a result of it, I think it is correctly termed manslaughter. There is a lot of wiggle room as to what people can be charged with, and it all depends on how heinous your crime is. I think criminally negligent homicide is the worst you can get which you can get 10-15 years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yea I don't think you should be put away for life, but I don't think 8 years is a harsh sentence and that was the argument with my coworker and boss. They were complaining mostly because the kid was from Moorestown (richie ville) and was in a prison in Camden. I think thats a great place for him myself but thats just me.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

In most areas, unless there was something particularly egregious about the case, they will get a huge fine and lose a couple of points on their license. Even those who are given jail sentences serve a minute fraction of the time they get. The problem is the jails are already overflowing with more serious criminals.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My vent of the day ! forgive me if it is a long post but I have to spit it out :blush:

I own a Volvo (this is my 3rd Volvo) and I always have been highly satisfied with the Volvo cars strength, reliability and safety (my first Volvo saved my life in a bad accident) ... Anyway I always have been proud to be a Volvo customer until today !!!

About a year an a half ago I went to my Volvo dealer (the very same Volvo dealer I bought my car from) to have the catalyzer replaced under warranty. It was understood that only the catalyser needed to be replaced.

I went to my appointment to find out they did not order the right part. So I took time off of work that day for nothing. Ok things happen so I did not say anything and took another appointment for the next week.

I went to the next appointment and waited for the work to be done. After about 2 hours the service manager came back, handed me the invoice (shouldn't have to pay anything since it is under warranty) and told me that my car is ready and that I can go. Looking at the invoice I noticed that a lot of parts where replaced and as I am an honest person, I asked him if it was normal (I could of just not said anything and head out of the dealer as he did not notice what was going on prior to me asking him if it was normal, but as I said, I am a honest person). He took a look and said that, no it is def not normal. Turned out the mechanic tech replaced the whole exhaust line (my exhaust line was in perfect condition except for the catalyzer).

He then called the technician to ask him what happened. The technician told us that he could not remove the catalyzer so he had to cut the exhaust line in pieces. Nobody came to me to tell me what happened prior to do any of this on my car. Then they told me I would have to pay for the work and parts (it was nearly 1800$). I promptly refused as (working as an electronics/computers technician) I perfectly know it is against the law to replace any parts up to a certain amount without any agreement and then force the customer to pay for it .. on top of that I thought it was extremely disrespectful of them to try and make me pay for their mistake. I mean I do not have a problem paying for any work on my vehicle, in fact my vehicle has never been serviced elsewhere than at a Volvo dealer, but this dealer was really pushing it too far already. THIS is something I would never do to any customer .. if something have to be replaced other than discussed with the customer, I always call him/her prior to do anything and ask what he/she is willing to do. I mean who the hell do they think they are to force anyone to pay for their mistakes just like that, I have a budget and I am the one running it, not them !

So I told them to put my car back the way it was (minus the catalyser). They told me they could not do it because my exhaust parts are scrap by now and that they could install second hand parts for free, so they looked at some second hand parts to put on my vehicle and told me they found some (which was ok to me as they would put my vehicle back the way it was when I brought it, I did not even ask for brand new parts as my existing parts when I brought my vehicle for service where not new). They proceeded to install these parts and came back to tell me the work is completed.

Back to my vehicle I notice that the rear muffler (my vehicle has 2 mufflers, one center and one at the back) is missing and has been replace by a straight exhaust pipe. I asked them why my second muffler is missing, they answer they do not have any other second hand parts than these ones and that it is ok because 1st, it is an earlier version of my exhaust line design and 2nd, I do not need the rear muffler anyway. (Why would Volvo put a rear muffler if we do not need it?) I trust Volvo more than this uneducated service manager and won't question the reason why Volvo decided to install a rear muffler on these vehicles... if it is there it is because it is needed, period!

So at that point I am not happy at all and let them know about it but as a good and patient customer, decided to let it go and trust them. Started my car and headed back to work. Arrived at work my car was making a horrible noise (like the exhaust line was broken before the muffler). So I called them back and had to take another time off of work for the next day in order for them to fix this issue (3 times already and needless to say my employer was very unhappy about this).

I went to the appointment and after looking at my car, they told me the exhaust line is def leaking before the muffler (right where the catalyser and muffler connect together). So they tell me it is because the parts they replaced (not the catalyser but the rest of the line) are not the right part for my vehicle, that it is an earlier version of the exhaust line which does not fit with the new catalyser and that the only way they can fix it is by sealing it with some sort of paste... I told them I am highly uncomfortable with this as this is some kind of exhaust paste you can find at a Canadian tire and I know by experience this does not last and that this is not a real solution to the problem! They decided to do it anyway and for us to see the results. So they proceeded and the leak seemed to be fixed (for now)...

After a few days, the exhaust started leaking again at the same place (I knew so well this would happen)! so being tired of all this BS (and being more than patient until then).. I called the dealer 6 times in 4 days, each time I left a message on the service manager voice mail but he never got back to me !

At this point I decided to call Volvo Canada and tell them about my story as the dealer obviously was trying so hard to not fix my car the proper way to avoid paying for their own mistake. The service manager called me back 2 days later to tell me I did not need to call Volvo Canada and that we could of taken some agreements to fix my car (uhm, I already took too much time off of work because of this and they never did anything to REALLY fix the problem no matter how many times I went for them to fix it! My employer was very unhappy about me taking too much time off and also very disappointed with the kind of work Volvo did on my car... btw, my employer has a Volvo S80 and is at his 4th Volvo already where I am at my 3rd one .. I was also running out of time as I had to leave for a programming training in Florida).

So then the service manager told me they would install brand new parts on my car for the cost price without charging any labor, so the invoice would of been 360 $ approximately if I recall correctly (360$ VS 1800$ is a hell of a profit eh ?). That would have been fine by me, but the problem is that I had to leave for training in Florida for a few months so I could not attend the appointment and had to cancel it for now. After my training, I was so busy with work and personal issues that I just couldn't find any spare time to go and have it replaced, so I ran (and still run) my car with a huge exhaust noise and the wrong parts!

So today I went to the same car dealer for the first time since this incident to buy some regular maintenance parts (spark plugs and air filter). While waiting for the parts I saw a mechanic tech that I know for a long time. He was telling me that it has been a long time since he saw me (used to go have all my oil changes and regular maintenance there) asking me why I never went back to have my car serviced there, so I proceed to tell him the story (obviously with a very unhappy voice tone), he was stunned and could not believe it. Then the same service manager pop out of nowhere, asked the tech to go back to work and said "Mr, we had an appointment to fix your car, if you did not attend the appointment it is your problem, not mine." Then he went away laughing .. everyone at the parts department had that kind of sarcastic smile. I was standing there, speechless after hearing this guy's arrogance, I mean, are you F****** kidding me? My car has been making an exhaustless monster truck noise for a year with the wrong parts installed because of them and this is MY fault?

His words today where unprofessional, completely lacking respect toward an honest customer and inappropriate considering the whole mess THEY created. This is not the way to handle business and certainly not the way to treat an honest customer! This guy is a douche bag and a piece of ###### doubled with an arrogance so big that it is unbelievable.

I am fed up with this Volvo dealer and honestly, he is the very reason why I am now seriously considering buying another car brand as my next car. I mean I love Volvo, their cars are very strong, reliable and safe, but this kind of service is not representing Volvo quality standards.

/vent

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

K1

2008-07-09 : I-129F Sent

2008-11-18 : I-129F NOA2

2008-11-24 : Consulate Received

2008-11-30 : Packet 3 Received

2009-01-26 : Medical appointment (3 vaccines shots !)

2009-02-09 : Packet 3 Sent

2009-03-30 : Packet 4 Received

2009-04-28 : Visa APPROVED !!!!!

2009-05-01 : Visa in hand !!!!!

2009-08-22 : Big smile and moving to sunny Florida

2009-08-23 : Finally here in Florida with my babe :)

2009-09-17 : Civil wedding :)

AOS

2009-10-13 : Filed for AOS, AP, EAD

2009-10-23 : AOS NOA Received

2009-10-23 : AP NOA Received

2009-10-23 : EAD NOA Received

2009-11-05 : AOS Transfered to CSC

2009-11-18 : Biometrics Appt.

2009-12-04 : AP Approved

2009-12-11 : EAD Card received

2010-02-16 : AOS Approved and Greencard Received ! :)

Removing conditions on 11/16/2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

customerdisservice.jpg

ozone, i am amazed at that story, yet not surprised. i noticed a difference in customer service here in the usa when i came back to the usa after being in europe for 8 years, and it's not for the better.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
His words today where unprofessional, completely lacking respect toward an honest customer and inappropriate considering the whole mess THEY created. This is not the way to handle business and certainly not the way to treat an honest customer! This guy is a douche bag and a piece of ###### doubled with an arrogance so big that it is unbelievable.

I am fed up with this Volvo dealer and honestly, he is the very reason why I am now seriously considering buying another car brand as my next car. I mean I love Volvo, their cars are very strong, reliable and safe, but this kind of service is not representing Volvo quality standards.

/vent

If you aren't planning on using the dealership again, I'd write another letter to Volvo (find out who the president in Canada is), and document this story for them. I honestly wouldn't let it rest till I knew someone pretty high up knew about the way you were treated and that you are considering abandoning the brand.

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Had some good news yesterday in the housing situation. Apparently the house sale hasn't fallen through we were told incorrect info from our current landlord. They are hoping to have the eviction completed by next week and then the signing will take place.. Fingers crossed.

They kept me up all night.. literally.. UGH.. I was almost ready to get up out of bed at 3am and start slamming doors as they were doing.. I didn't do it cause my husband is away but I was SOOOOOOO frustrated.

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Ozone I would right another letter with all those details.... and NEVER buy another Volvo again. There are lots of other brands out there just as reliable and safe!!

Had some good news yesterday in the housing situation. Apparently the house sale hasn't fallen through we were told incorrect info from our current landlord. They are hoping to have the eviction completed by next week and then the signing will take place.. Fingers crossed.

They kept me up all night.. literally.. UGH.. I was almost ready to get up out of bed at 3am and start slamming doors as they were doing.. I didn't do it cause my husband is away but I was SOOOOOOO frustrated.

Oh my gosh, that's so terrible. I would literally freak out, I wonder if they'll have to call the cops regarding the eviction. That might be a messy scene!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

I would find out who the actual owner of that specific dealership is. It is much easier to contact a local dealership owner, than a national CEO. Letters are easily discarded by gatekeepers in corporations. I would document your ordeal as was suggested, and address them to the specific owner of the dealership.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh Em. :(

But at least they might be getting the boot - SOON. I wouldn't be able to handle it if I was you!

Timeline

Holy Hell Ozone?! That's just insane. I mean seriously insane and horrible customer service. :o

Personally, I'd call Volvo, and then write a letter to them, and cc the service manager. Because that just isn't right. Then I'd call one of those news teams who help people who've been screwed. Man I'd be angry. I'm actually angry right now, and it didn't even happen to me. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Timeline

ok I think I am going to go insane already :P

so my hubby's work as a website thing where you can see your pay check online and do other stuff like setting up your tax stuff etc...

well they moved all this to a new site last year when hubby was working at the other place...

so ever since he got back to the old job we haven't figured out how to sign in the site... he can get to the first part but not to the self service part which is supposed to use the same user name and password that you use when you first sign on...

we have been emailing back and forth with the tech department but nothing seems to work.. the latest thing they did was reset the password and that still didn't work ....

argh!!!

we kind of need to get in there because the hubby did the tax exempt thing for a few months and when they stopped doing that they just reset his status to single for some reason... :blink:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Customer service is the rant of the day I guess. I just wanted to share with you all some of the emails I have received today from the totally unprofessional, unfriendly and rude mortgage representative from RBC

When you have a property, cant order appraisal without money. Thank you

Sent her a google doc as I do not have word on my computer to edit her document - this was the reply:

Being a bank, we cannot do that program

Do that program?? This is 2009 - it is a webpage. I now have to redo the whole stupid thing. This is on top of the 14 documents I had to scan and email to her (including screen shots and editing of 3 of the 5 'bank statements' they need.

omg - i'm really angry.

Timeline

Could you convert it to a pdf maybe tmixy?

That sucks... but once its over its over, you won't have to deal with these people anymore.

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.