bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
U can also search the drugs side effects online, tel lyou right away if it is an expected side effect or not. Or you can call his Dr's office and tell them! Most likey you wil just talk to the secretary, who wil pass on the info! take all of 2 minutes out of ones time.

drugs.com is the most informative site I have found that lists everything about the medication.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I have three vents this morning. All three are fairly mundane.

First one is gossiping people at the office. I work for a police department, and a couple of days ago, something quite tragic and graphic occured in the city. I can't really divulge details regarding the situation because they are not public yet. But needless to say. This lady in my office, her name is Theresa whom I have vented about before, thinks she knows whose guilty of what and where. Really? Someone has been watching too much Law & Order for her own good. Usually, I just block her out to avoid the stupid things she says and does, but I just couldn't today. I had to say something. When she brought it up again today and was trying to get people in our office to debate it, they walked away, but I said to her "There's a reason the Detectives are upstairs investigating and you're running errands down here". Too far?

Ok, second vent. I heard the worst song in a long time. The worst part is that the chorus of the song is stuck in my head. It's a song by the group Plain White T's...... here it is for your amusement

Final vent...... well, it's not really a vent so much as a question. I was just posting about hockey jersey's etc, and I remembered something that always made me think to myself "Why on earth would you do that?". If you are going to a game, lets say the Bruins vs. Red Wings in Detroit, why on earth would someoen wear a Florida Panther's jersey to the game? I used to be a season ticket holder in L.A., and would see people all the time wearing jersey's from some random team that wasn't playing that night.

Final vent...... well, it's not really a vent so much as a question. I was just posting about hockey jersey's etc, and I remembered something that always made me think to myself "Why on earth would you do that?". If you are going to a game, lets say the Bruins vs. Red Wings in Detroit, why on earth would someoen wear a Florida Panther's jersey to the game? I used to be a season ticket holder in L.A., and would see people all the time wearing jersey's from some random team that wasn't playing that night.

I've wondered that many times also. It's so silly! I think the only exception to that rule would be if someone's wearing a customized jersey, and the player on the jersey currently plays for one of the other teams... but even that's a stretch. My Dad asked me if he could wear a Leafs jersey to my Stars/Canucks wedding. I threatened to uninvite him. :D

02/13/09 -

:)

02/19/09 - I-130 mailed out

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

05/07/09 - NVC CASE COMPLETE!

06/23/09 - Received interview appointment letter via email! Yay!

08/19/09 -Interview! SUCCESS!! (Wanna read a ridiculously long interview review? Click the link!)

08/21/09 - Visa received!

09/11/09 - POE (Alexandria Bay, NY)

09/28/09 - Received Permanent Resident card

06/28/11 - Sent 1-751 to VSC

07/29/11 - Biometrics appointment (OKC)

01/20/12 - I-751 approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - I want our washing machine fixed. Its been nearly 2 weeks. And the yucky water is still in the machine. It smells like something is dying in there. The landlord keeps telling us that someone is coming to fix it, and no one ever shows up. Chris and I had a nice romantic Saturday evening at the laundromat. We spent nearly $40 to have our clothes washed.

So we spoke with the landlord on Sunday and we said we'd call someone. She said no don't do that, because her friend was supposed to come over and fix it. Well if that friend isn't here by Friday, I'm calling a repair man and taking the bill off next month's rent.

The only saving grace is that the washing machine is located in the carport, so its really only stinking that place up.

Timeline
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - I want our washing machine fixed. Its been nearly 2 weeks. And the yucky water is still in the machine. It smells like something is dying in there. The landlord keeps telling us that someone is coming to fix it, and no one ever shows up. Chris and I had a nice romantic Saturday evening at the laundromat. We spent nearly $40 to have our clothes washed.

So we spoke with the landlord on Sunday and we said we'd call someone. She said no don't do that, because her friend was supposed to come over and fix it. Well if that friend isn't here by Friday, I'm calling a repair man and taking the bill off next month's rent.

The only saving grace is that the washing machine is located in the carport, so its really only stinking that place up.

That's so annoying! Do you and Emancipation have the same landlord?! :wacko: I would do the same, call a repairperson yourself by week's end. If that were me, it'd be awful with the stink because our washer/dryer is in the kitchen

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

That's so annoying! Do you and Emancipation have the same landlord?! :wacko: I would do the same, call a repairperson yourself by week's end. If that were me, it'd be awful with the stink because our washer/dryer is in the kitchen

:rofl: that's classic.. perhaps our landlords are siblings :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

I never thought sitting water would smell so bad, but its gross! There's something wrong with the timer, so it won't go to the next rinse cycle. It won't drain.

So of course she says so nicely to my husband on the phone "Chris you're a handy guy, are you sure you can't just fix it?". And my husband who's an eternal sucker was just about to say "sure, I can give it a try". So I gave him the wife-glare and he stopped. Because why on earth would we spend hours fixing a washing machine to save her a few bucks?!

I'd have to say though, Em has a far worse landlord, because at least we don't have to deal with noisy others. Chris just fixes things here as they go wrong normally because he feels sorry for Amarita (the landlord) because she lives in Maui and can't be here to fix things. :wacko: Poor guy has a heart bigger than his brain.

Timeline

Have I told you all that our neighbors are STILL there??

our landlord told us on the 26th that they were selling the house blah blah blah and that we'd no longer owe him rent.. but to pay the new owner. Now NEITHER the Realtor OR the landlord will call us back to tell us who the heck we pay rent to.

Hubby called yesterday and left a vm for the landlord that said look we're not paying ANYTHING to ANYONE until SOMEONE tells us what is going on.

We were told the new owners were refusing to sign any sale papers until the people upstairs were gone.

They are still there and loud and noisy as ever!!!

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline
Have I told you all that our neighbors are STILL there??

our landlord told us on the 26th that they were selling the house blah blah blah and that we'd no longer owe him rent.. but to pay the new owner. Now NEITHER the Realtor OR the landlord will call us back to tell us who the heck we pay rent to.

Hubby called yesterday and left a vm for the landlord that said look we're not paying ANYTHING to ANYONE until SOMEONE tells us what is going on.

We were told the new owners were refusing to sign any sale papers until the people upstairs were gone.

They are still there and loud and noisy as ever!!!

OMG that's unbelievable. Someone needs to get some cajones.

On another odd note, yesterday I was mowing the lawn in front of the house and an SUV pulled up infront of the house across the street. I think I mentioned that the guy moved out in the middle of the night suddenly. No one has been there for over a month now. So the realtor mentions that this guy hadn't paid his mortgage in over 6 months. And after the bank foreclosed, he decided to live in the house for another 3 months.

But what is unbelievable to me, is that the bank didn't call the police to say this person is trespassing, have him removed from the property. What is wrong with people?! Just like your landlord, if they're supposed to be gone and perhaps evicted, why hasn't the landlord called the police to say they're now trespassing?!

And as for who to pay the rent to, I'd do like you guys and not pay a dime until someone tells them what's up!

Timeline

I never thought sitting water would smell so bad, but its gross! There's something wrong with the timer, so it won't go to the next rinse cycle. It won't drain.

So of course she says so nicely to my husband on the phone "Chris you're a handy guy, are you sure you can't just fix it?". And my husband who's an eternal sucker was just about to say "sure, I can give it a try". So I gave him the wife-glare and he stopped. Because why on earth would we spend hours fixing a washing machine to save her a few bucks?!

I'd have to say though, Em has a far worse landlord, because at least we don't have to deal with noisy others. Chris just fixes things here as they go wrong normally because he feels sorry for Amarita (the landlord) because she lives in Maui and can't be here to fix things. :wacko: Poor guy has a heart bigger than his brain.

Yes sitting water can stink really bad. Try a cap ful of bleach to kill anything that is growing in there and may be causing the smell perhaps?

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Yes sitting water can stink really bad. Try a cap ful of bleach to kill anything that is growing in there and may be causing the smell perhaps?

Ooooh, good idea! I wouldn't have thought of that. . . . . . (leaves to put bleach in putrid water). :thumbs:

Timeline

See.. you are so darn smart!

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

Glen is leaving next week for 4 days to go to Tampa for his best friend's bachelor party. Which is fine and dandy, go have fun! So the flight cost $250 and the hotel is costing $200 and they are going to a few spring training games which is like $20, no biggy. So the groom's brother sends an e-mail to the guys saying he booked a limo bus (without asking, he just did it) and it will take them to all the strip clubs/bars they want and you must supply the booze, it's gonna cost $200 PER PERSON! There are like 15 guys going. He asked that they send him a cheque ASAP to cover. So we budgeted $450 for the trip (after airfare) for hotel, booze & food. So now the entire trip is going to cost near a grand, just for 4 days. And obviously I'm not working so $$ is a bit tight, we're fine but there's not a lot of extra cash going around for a trip to Florida. Now I have to scramble and find extra $$ (I take care of the bills and stuff) When he told me I got so pissed, I don't think I even should be because it's his $$ but still, $200 on a bloody bus to take you around to strip clubs all night? Take a cab!! :wacko:

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

^^ $200 each for 15 guys is $3000, that seems like a lot for a limo bus! I could be wrong, but wow!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

Make sure u get the $$$ in $1 bills!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.