bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Have you tried that half and half yet??? I'm getting anxious to hear your results...mmmmmmm half and half. Actually if you look around, you can sometimes find 18% cream as well. I buy that at Christmas/birthday etc. for a special treat.

Gene was away for three days last week in Washington. I baked cookies, and did all my Christmas shopping. It was nice during the day, but I did miss him during the night. I used two pillows laying end to end in his spot in the bed. :blush: He didn't sleep for 48 hours due to missing me. I felt very needed!

Needless to say we had a lovely homecoming. :devil: We should do this more often.

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eggnog lattés are the yummiest...mmmm...with a touch of nutmeg powder on top.

Drool!

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Today I noticed that my MIL had left her addressed holiday cards on the table, addressed as "Mr. and Mrs. So-and-so".

Me: If anyone ever referred to me as "Mrs. Bee Leibowitz" I think I would sh*t a brick.

Bee: Well, you're gonna have to get used to it.

Me: :blink: So you're saying that you wouldn't be offended if someone called you "Mr. Nini"?

Bee: I don't think I'd be so much offended as just confused...

Me: *facepalm*

Kind of a small gripe, but ongoing and building up since we got married. I wanted to take Bee's last name, but worried about the cost of people acting like I gave up my independence or identity after marriage. It's frustrating that Bee's mom and aunt are kinda old-school and they're always calling me "Mrs Leibowitz" like they're reminding me of who I belong to now. I think it really hasn't clued into their heads that I'm using both our names -_-

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: Timeline
Today I noticed that my MIL had left her addressed holiday cards on the table, addressed as "Mr. and Mrs. So-and-so".

Me: If anyone ever referred to me as "Mrs. Bee Leibowitz" I think I would sh*t a brick.

Bee: Well, you're gonna have to get used to it.

Me: :blink: So you're saying that you wouldn't be offended if someone called you "Mr. Nini"?

Bee: I don't think I'd be so much offended as just confused...

Me: *facepalm*

Kind of a small gripe, but ongoing and building up since we got married. I wanted to take Bee's last name, but worried about the cost of people acting like I gave up my independence or identity after marriage. It's frustrating that Bee's mom and aunt are kinda old-school and they're always calling me "Mrs Leibowitz" like they're reminding me of who I belong to now. I think it really hasn't clued into their heads that I'm using both our names -_-

OK Mrs. Leibowitz.... please, do not sh!t a brick... sounds painful :lol:

Yeah, Nini, that is one of the reasons I am not planning to change my name. It's the Mrs His-first-name His-last-name bit that really irks me. It's one thing to change your last name, especially if you plan to have kids and/or don't particularly like the name you were born with to begin with, but to not even be allowed your own first name---what is that all about?

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

OK Mrs. Leibowitz.... please, do not sh!t a brick... sounds painful :lol:

It's so hard to stay mad when you're funny, Len. :lol:

It's the Mrs His-first-name His-last-name bit that really irks me. It's one thing to change your last name, especially if you plan to have kids and/or don't particularly like the name you were born with to begin with, but to not even be allowed your own first name---what is that all about?

Exactly, hun. I can deal with being called "Mrs. L" from my kids' friends or something, but being addressed as "Mrs [first name] [last name]" would drive me into a bender.

Man, I sound like a total feminist. :lol:

Edited by Nini & Bee

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Eeek, I sounded like I was criticising any woman who would change her last name. That was not what I meant.

I always thought I'd add his name and use both but I don't want to lose my middle name (I am named after my grandfather--his name was Irving and my middle name is Irene), I can't be bothered changing all my documents and such after also dealing with immigration for my honey, and I don't want to be known as Mrs [his first name] [his last name].

My name is boring as bat guano. If he had a really cool last name, I might get my first name legally changed and take his last name.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Man, I sound like a total feminist. :lol:

And so...

is there anything wrong with that?

What has happened to people?

Why has that word become a "bad" word?

Do read stuff by Emma Goldman written circa 1900 about men owning women and anything that woman brought into the marriage once married.

(This is how it was in the U.S.)

If she had to exit the marriage no matter what the reason, she could not even take her clothes.

There is nothing "wrong" with a woman keeping her last name intact.

BTW it came most probably from her father, unless you are Swedish...they are very progressive there.

We are far behind on this continent.

Patriarchy still rules...hence the mayhem on this planet. :whistle:

This does not mean she does not want to be married to her man.

Get a grip old fashioned people! :D

Edited by SpiritAlight

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yay feminism!

To me that means being able to chose whatever the heck you like :) and that's got to be good.

Ok half and half update. I did try it in my second cup of coffee. I give it an 8 out of 10, which is pretty darn good I think. So I will continue to use the half and half (supplied by happy cows in a field of milk containers per the picture on the calendar in previous post).

OMG I am soooo curious:

Who here has heard of, or better yet met, a feminist man??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy cows, huh, Trailmix? :)

Edited by SpiritAlight

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would definately say my Husband is a feminist, so is my Son, I don't think I know any males who aren't, which isn't surprising because if I did I would stop talking to them :hehe:

OMG I am soooo curious:

Who here has heard of, or better yet met, a feminist man??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy cows, huh, Trailmix? :)

One of my good friends in Georgia has a t-shirt that he wears, "This is what a feminist looks like". I love watching people do double takes ... so many people think only women can be feminist.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Eeek, I sounded like I was criticising any woman who would change her last name. That was not what I meant.

I always thought I'd add his name and use both but I don't want to lose my middle name (I am named after my grandfather--his name was Irving and my middle name is Irene), I can't be bothered changing all my documents and such after also dealing with immigration for my honey, and I don't want to be known as Mrs [his first name] [his last name].

My name is boring as bat guano. If he had a really cool last name, I might get my first name legally changed and take his last name.

I dub thee, Colonel Bat Guano (if you didn't see Dr. Strangelove you won't understand the reference). :lol:

BTW, I'm still hoping they pass the Equal Rights Amendment. :thumbs:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

The name change thing is driving me nuts. I had always thought I would take my husband's last name, mostly because, for me, I want our children to have the same last name and, with our names, did not like the sound of hyphenating. I find myself putting it off more and more though!!! When we first got married, I said I would change it after the formal wedding, then it became, when we have kids. Well, I am 4 months preggie and still haven't made a move to change it. BTW, hubby is supportive of whatever I want to do. He has 2 sisters. One took her husband's name, the other kept her maiden name.

My plan thus far is to keep my maiden name professionally (which is actually very beneficial when you practice in a small town and know that your husband, in his profession, will end up working with numerous current or former clients! Gives a little bit of distance.). I am going to add his last name to mine, not hyphenated, but I am just going to have a long ### name with my birth middle name and maiden name becoming my middle names.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.