bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey Jill....no problem! I know that I had the same problem as you had, and I actually LIKE fish! :) I'm glad that it worked for you. If they're cold they're more palatable, at least in my opinion. That said, I keep all of my vitamins in the fridge now! Or freezer!

Hey Trailmix, no I've never been tested for that. I'll have to look it up. I guess the reason I never have is because once I got rid of the wheat in my diet, had control of my heartburn, and was less anxious, my stomach problems cleared up. For the most part actually, up until a few days ago, if I didn't eat wheat I was pretty good! There's a possible history of celiac's disease in my family as well as ulcers, and acid reflux. I guess that's why it never occurred to me that it would be anything else! Anyhow, thanks for the tip, I'll definitely look into it, especially if this doesn't go away with a tweak in my diet alone!

ETA: Remind me to actually read the link before I reply next time! :) That is very interesting although the doctor doesn't think I have an ulcer.

MrsCat-I hope they figure out what's going on because it is no fun to live with stomach pain all the time! ~hugs~

You're welcome!

You don't actually have to have an ulcer to have h pylori present - in fact they have found that many ulcers are caused by it though.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I hate Calgary more and more. ): Yesterday I went to Wendys to grab a Bacon Mushroom Melt, and there was this guy flipping out about his sandwich not having any lettuce (it doesn't come with lettuce) then he was screaming and saying he owned Wendys and made like three billion dollars a day. :huh:

After watching this, I left and waited for my bus in front of the store, then a few minutes later, I saw him coming out of the store so I go up and walked 2 blocks down to the LRT station. I was scared to death. ):

So THEN, once I'm actually on my bus, I find out he's taking my bus too. I ignored him, but then he started babbling on about sprouting tons of nonsense (which honestly freaked all the people out) It sounded like obscene satanic ritual/chanting and he was making weird gestures with his hands..I swear he was possessed.

Eventually the bus driver told him to either STOP or get off the bus. So the guy made a hand-gun (literally) and pointed it at the driver. Crazy much? So the crazy satanic guy behaved until it was his stop and he said, ''do you know who I am?'' The driver said, ''no, that's okay.'' Then the crazy guy went on to tell us how he was the Misyha (?) and that he was the ruler of the new world.

And then the door shut and the bus drove away.

He made so nervous, and :ranting:

So thats my story for the day. :S

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Geez, that does sound a little bit scary! I will say though, that could happen anywhere, not just Calgary! :) I personally think Edmonton is much worse for that kind of thing, but that's just my opinion! Calgary always seemed like the "happy shiny place" compared to Edmonton!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
reminds me of this vid ... NSFW

I've seen that before. I can't believe people let her go on for as long as they did. I would have said something.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Geez, that does sound a little bit scary! I will say though, that could happen anywhere, not just Calgary! :) I personally think Edmonton is much worse for that kind of thing, but that's just my opinion! Calgary always seemed like the "happy shiny place" compared to Edmonton!

Oh I see something brewing here....

[Mortal Kombat Announcer Voice] Calgary vs Edmonton. FIGHT! :dance:

Timeline

fight???? Calgary would lay such a beating on Edmonton, not much of a fight!! Always felt sorry for Edmonton, the day Gretzky left, poor Edmonton!! lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Last year social studies focused more on american history, human behaviors, black history and the presidents.

This year its kind of more or less the history of NJ... I guess that can be pretty bland. :P

All I know is I disliked Texas history. :unsure:

heathen! :bonk:

I'm no longer going to the Off-Topic forum. Any topic, no matter which one, seems to be a lesson in frustration and futility. No one listens and no one ever changes their mind.

The worst part about OT is that some people -- and I won't be naming anyone in particular -- like to toss insults at those who disagree with them. Instead of debating the topic at hand, they debate the person. It seems to be a recurring theme.

I'm all for a good debate, but not when the topic derails into "you're a moron because you don't agree with me." :wacko:

:angry: i actually enjoyed reading your posts in ot! :protest:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

There's always been a fight between Calgary and Edmonton! :) I always thought Calgary was prettier but Edmonton was more ethnic and bigger. I never did live in Calgary though, just Edmonton and boy do I miss the dim sum!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Timeline
fight???? Calgary would lay such a beating on Edmonton, not much of a fight!! Always felt sorry for Edmonton, the day Gretzky left, poor Edmonton!! lol

Ah the day that Gretzky left....tears in my eyes.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
There's always been a fight between Calgary and Edmonton! :) I always thought Calgary was prettier but Edmonton was more ethnic and bigger. I never did live in Calgary though, just Edmonton and boy do I miss the dim sum!

I think Calgary actually has a higher 'visible minority' population - and it's bigger :thumbs:

Calgary wins wooot! :dance:

Timeline

I'm originally from Alberta but I moved away at a very young age, about 10 but even so I never thought there was such a rivalry going on between Calgary and Edmonton. I like the Maritimes, tons of drama but the scenery made up for it. :D I'm back in Calgary now and I think the rivalry is stupid. I mean, each have their own qualities which make them great. Sigh people are silly.

dev356pr___.png

Timeline
I like the Maritimes, tons of drama but the scenery made up for it.

Drama ? Huh? :unsure:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Don't take that as a generalization. I was speaking for the area I lived in, and the people I happened to be around. It was constant relationship drama to say the least. :P

dev356pr___.png

Timeline
Don't take that as a generalization. I was speaking for the area I lived in, and the people I happened to be around. It was constant relationship drama to say the least. :P

tee hee... okay.. i've never heard of the Maritimes referred to as Drama land.. There are other places in the country I could say that about :whistle:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.