bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Ohhh here I go again about that annoying co-worker. I did learn something about her. She must have the worst taste in cinema on the planet. Not only does she absolutely love the garfield movies....... but also she loves any movie made by any of the guys on the Blue Collar Comedy Tour... AKA Larry The Cable guy. She was telling me about how funny this movie she just saw was. After she told me how funny Larry The Cable Guy: Health Inspector was, all I could say was "well, I like actual comedies" and went back to my office. She then offered to lend me the DVD so that I could watch it and see how funny it was. No thanks, I'd rather get a colonoscopy.

zowzers.. I've had one of those.. no fun!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Here's another rant that goes along with my previous one...

My wife and I really buffered the items we shipped. We wrapped two layers of bubble wrap around my stuff. Somehow UPS managed to damage some of my books and broke the seven of DVD cases. The book damage wasn't extensive (some corners heavily bent), but the DVD cases? There are large gaping holes in some of them and others were nearly smashed to bits. :blink:

I spent over $230 USD to have four boxes of my personal items shipped up here. I'd like to think that for that amount of money, UPS could be more careful. As I said, the books had relatively minor damage and none of the DVDs themselves were rendered unplayable (as far as I know), but that's not the point. Every item I stored in those boxes -- with one exception -- was in perfect condition. Knowing this, I received the boxes and some of the items were broken beyond repair.

I'm not including the "clothing issue" (where my clothes are held up at Customs) as UPS's fault. However, the condition in which some of my items were dropped off, I can only hope my clothes aren't filthy or torn. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My wife and I really buffered the items we shipped. We wrapped two layers of bubble wrap around my stuff. Somehow UPS managed to damage some of my books and broke the seven of DVD cases. The book damage wasn't extensive (some corners heavily bent), but the DVD cases? There are large gaping holes in some of them and others were nearly smashed to bits. :blink:

I spent over $230 USD to have four boxes of my personal items shipped up here. I'd like to think that for that amount of money, UPS could be more careful. As I said, the books had relatively minor damage and none of the DVDs themselves were rendered unplayable (as far as I know), but that's not the point. Every item I stored in those boxes -- with one exception -- was in perfect condition. Knowing this, I received the boxes and some of the items were broken beyond repair.

I'm not including the "clothing issue" (where my clothes are held up at Customs) as UPS's fault. However, the condition in which some of my items were dropped off, I can only hope my clothes aren't filthy or torn. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were.

Sorry to hear that, DeadPoolX .. it sure does suck

However I am not surprised at all. UPS is IMO one of the most expensive and unprofessional shipping company I've ever seen. I've learned that all too well when I ordered items from USA on ebay.

First, their charges for customs are often as much as the double you would pay with another company and this is not justified at all.

Second, they are slow to ship .. you would think it would be fast considering the amount of money you pay for their services.

Third, problems like you described in your post are more than too common with that company :blink:

I stopped using UPS a few years ago for these exact same reasons.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

K1

2008-07-09 : I-129F Sent

2008-11-18 : I-129F NOA2

2008-11-24 : Consulate Received

2008-11-30 : Packet 3 Received

2009-01-26 : Medical appointment (3 vaccines shots !)

2009-02-09 : Packet 3 Sent

2009-03-30 : Packet 4 Received

2009-04-28 : Visa APPROVED !!!!!

2009-05-01 : Visa in hand !!!!!

2009-08-22 : Big smile and moving to sunny Florida

2009-08-23 : Finally here in Florida with my babe :)

2009-09-17 : Civil wedding :)

AOS

2009-10-13 : Filed for AOS, AP, EAD

2009-10-23 : AOS NOA Received

2009-10-23 : AP NOA Received

2009-10-23 : EAD NOA Received

2009-11-05 : AOS Transfered to CSC

2009-11-18 : Biometrics Appt.

2009-12-04 : AP Approved

2009-12-11 : EAD Card received

2010-02-16 : AOS Approved and Greencard Received ! :)

Removing conditions on 11/16/2011

Timeline

Sorry to hear that, DeadPoolX .. it sure does suck

However I am not surprised at all. UPS is IMO one of the most expensive and unprofessional shipping company I've ever seen. I've learned that all too well when I ordered items from USA on ebay.

First, their charges for customs are often as much as the double you would pay with another company and this is not justified at all.

Second, they are slow to ship .. you would think it would be fast considering the amount of money you pay for their services.

Third, problems like you described in your post are more than too common with that company :blink:

I stopped using UPS a few years ago for these exact same reasons.

A LOT of people have issues with their items going missing when sending with UPS as well. Like stores receiving shipments with holes in the boxes and items gone. It happens a lot to the smaller computer companies around here. Very uncool. is FedEx good in the states?

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline
A LOT of people have issues with their items going missing when sending with UPS as well. Like stores receiving shipments with holes in the boxes and items gone. It happens a lot to the smaller computer companies around here. Very uncool. is FedEx good in the states?

FedEx is fantastic in the U.S., so I don't know why I didn't use them. I did get them to send my PC, monitors and sword collection. However, I felt that items such as books, clothing and DVDs would have a fairly good chance of arriving safely. I suppose I was wrong. :angry:

Timeline

FedEx is fantastic in the U.S., so I don't know why I didn't use them. I did get them to send my PC, monitors and sword collection. However, I felt that items such as books, clothing and DVDs would have a fairly good chance of arriving safely. I suppose I was wrong. :angry:

You think your sword collection would get held by customs over a box of clothes!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

You think your sword collection would get held by customs over a box of clothes!

No kidding! Swords are actually weapons. Maybe they're not too useful nowadays, but they could still kill. My clothes... I don't know what the hell that's about.

Filed: Timeline

No kidding! Swords are actually weapons. Maybe they're not too useful nowadays, but they could still kill. My clothes... I don't know what the hell that's about.

I bet you anything it has more to do with "who was on duty" than on "what's in the box". We've all experienced the Customs keeners as well as the ones with common sense. It may also have to do with UPS. If Customs has had it up to the eyeballs with UPS, their deliveries are probably more scrutinized than those couriers whom they haven't had problems with. That's my take on it, anyway.

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
MIL is coming today.

Try to contain your excitement, MissStacey. :lol:

I'll be commisserating with you next month. That's when mine comes. <_<

She will finally meet my mom and sister. They are coming on Thurs and MIL is leaving Friday.

It just kinda throws my plans out of whack. I have a lot to do to get the house and everything ready and I was hoping for a few days of alone time/down time before my mom and sis come.

Filed: Timeline
She will finally meet my mom and sister. They are coming on Thurs and MIL is leaving Friday.

It just kinda throws my plans out of whack. I have a lot to do to get the house and everything ready and I was hoping for a few days of alone time/down time before my mom and sis come.

I hear you. Just apologize and carry on with what you've got to get done. Or, even better.... give her little assignments! Maybe get her to wash the floors or something. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

I think I'm gonna barf.... sorry for TMI.... but my doctor told me to start taking Omega-3 fish oil capsules, because since I don't eat fish my body isn't getting essential fatty acids or something, and Omega-3 is supposed to be really good for you. So I bought some at the pharmacy and started taking them this morning (2 at AM 2 at PM) and I feel sick.... there is this disgusting fishy aftertaste and I can't stand it.... that is why I don't eat fish, I hate the smell and taste... I didn't think the pills would leave a fishy taste in your mouth EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I can't keep taking these!!

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline
Then don't take them! :lol:

That's hilarious that you didn't think that fish oil capsules would smell or taste like fish oil. :lol:

:lol: Well I figured once I swallow them, they are down in my tum tum and not going to be coming back up, uggghhhh.... I'd like to stop taking them, but the doctor made it sound really important for my health. But I won't be having fish breath on a daily basis so I think I'm stopping them already!

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.