bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Ohhh here I go again about that annoying co-worker. I did learn something about her. She must have the worst taste in cinema on the planet. Not only does she absolutely love the garfield movies....... but also she loves any movie made by any of the guys on the Blue Collar Comedy Tour... AKA Larry The Cable guy. She was telling me about how funny this movie she just saw was. After she told me how funny Larry The Cable Guy: Health Inspector was, all I could say was "well, I like actual comedies" and went back to my office. She then offered to lend me the DVD so that I could watch it and see how funny it was. No thanks, I'd rather get a colonoscopy.

Wow.. I don't know you that well but even I know not to mention Larry the cable guy around you... :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Its not a vent, but I don't know where else to put it...

We have a lost and found at work and valuable stuff is in this filing cabinet in the office, and every few months everyone goes through it and takes things. Personally I don't agree with this. There's an ipod in it right now and I was told to take it today, but I couldn't.

I don't know, I just don't feel right doing something like that you know? Then I was called a prude because I wouldn't take it. I felt like I was in highschool all over again and dealing with peer pressure. :lol:

Except this time my will is stronger and I don't care what you call it, I personally feel like it's stealing, not only from that person but from my work. If that ipod is still there in a few months, then I will let my GM decide what he wants to do with the stuff but I don't exactly think I should claim it for myself.

Usually we donate it all to goodwill if no one claims it.

Anyways, I bet on Monday that ipod isn't going to be there, I bet one of the other girls took it.

I still think it's wrong.

Oh and during the summer we get a lot of designer sunglasses and those go fast amongst certain staff members. Stuff like that upsets me.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I can definately understand that. I never felt right doing that at my old job either. Same with the cash we found...whoever found it had their name tagged to it and if after a week it wasnt claimed, it became theirs. Its someones stuff, and I'm sure if someone did that to their things, they wouldnt like it.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good for u!! Nice to see some honest people out there! I have lost my wallet once, and was so relieved when someone found it and returned it. I call it karma,I have found a 2 wallets in my lifetime and found the owners, and gladly returned it without reward, thats why I figure my wallet was found! Nice job!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
Good for u!! Nice to see some honest people out there! I have lost my wallet once, and was so relieved when someone found it and returned it. I call it karma,I have found a 2 wallets in my lifetime and found the owners, and gladly returned it without reward, thats why I figure my wallet was found! Nice job!!

Agreed!! It's great that you're an honest and trusting person and just because unfortunately most would take it, you don't follow suit!!

Flames my Dad found a wallet not too long ago while he was on a walk and called the rightful owner straight away. Well the wallet owner was so happy and thrilled to get it back with all the $$ intact, he shows up to pick it up with a 2-4 for Pops. He works at Molson :lol:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Ugh you guys want to hear some horror stories about working as a lifeguard for parks and rec in Toronto?

During the summer you would find peoples wallets in the change room... it was a regular occurrence. If you found a wallet, you'd take it to the manager and he would split the money with you and you'd take the wallet and put it back in the lost and found.... no word of a lie.

Anyways this one time the CAP (people who work the desks) brought up this Michael Jackson wallet, and the manager looked inside and there was 80.00 and he pulls out 40.00 and told her to keep the rest. I was standing there in shock, and he told her that no one ever claimed it and even if they did they would never suspect the employees. She was super nervous but just took it.

Later on I was downstairs at the front desk helping out and this 8 year old boy comes in with his dad and asks if we found his wallet. He explains it and its the freaking Michael Jackson wallet. I went into the lost and found and gave him the empty wallet back... and his dad says "See you found it! Is your money still there?"

And the kid looked in it, and his face went to complete sadness and he said no.

The dad was so sad but tried to lift his sons spirits by saying: "Hey well, at least you have the wallet!" and he turned to me and said: "His grandma gave him that wallet for his birthday with the money in it, shes from Alberta so they don't see eachother too often..." and he continued to tell me this super sad story.

After they left I just felt like complete ####### and left to go and bawl my eyes out. I wanted to tell him who had his poor kids money but at the same time I was scared I would get in trouble. To this day I still feel bad I didn't do the right thing and say something.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Ugh you guys want to hear some horror stories about working as a lifeguard for parks and rec in Toronto?

During the summer you would find peoples wallets in the change room... it was a regular occurrence. If you found a wallet, you'd take it to the manager and he would split the money with you and you'd take the wallet and put it back in the lost and found.... no word of a lie.

Anyways this one time the CAP (people who work the desks) brought up this Michael Jackson wallet, and the manager looked inside and there was 80.00 and he pulls out 40.00 and told her to keep the rest. I was standing there in shock, and he told her that no one ever claimed it and even if they did they would never suspect the employees. She was super nervous but just took it.

Later on I was downstairs at the front desk helping out and this 8 year old boy comes in with his dad and asks if we found his wallet. He explains it and its the freaking Michael Jackson wallet. I went into the lost and found and gave him the empty wallet back... and his dad says "See you found it! Is your money still there?"

The dad was so sad but tried to lift his sons spirits by saying: "Hey well, at least you have the wallet!" and he turned to me and said: "His grandma gave him that wallet for his birthday with the money in it, shes from Alberta so they don't see eachother too often..." and he continued to tell me this super sad story.

After they left I just felt like complete ####### and left to go and bawl my eyes out. I wanted to tell him who had his poor kids money but at the same time I was scared I would get in trouble. To this day I still feel bad I didn't do the right thing and say something.

Ohhh that's so sad. I cannot believe a manager would do that, shameful.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Hopefully karma kicks his butt!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:ranting:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Yea it was super sad.

The poor kid. :(

The manager was a complete jerk and totally full of himself. I am not saying not every manager would do that, this was down at the Olympic Pools at Kew Beach... looong time ago but still.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I lost my wallet once and got it back with all the money and credit cards still in it. I was so greatful for that. I could never imagine taking anyones money, I felt bad enough the 2 times I found wallets because I had to open them to get the persons information. It felt to me like I was invading their privacy just by looking for their name and address so I could get it back to them. You definately did the right thing though girl! ++Karma to you!

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

That manager makes me so mad. I hate people like that.

Krikit, Declan did not have pink eye. He had a cold with a blocked tear duct. So I guess that means I did just have an allergic reaction :(

Okay, my vent of the day: I have been on call for the past week. I was on call a couple of weeks ago and it shouldn't have been my turn, but I did a favor for someone and covered this week. Not a problem. I am mad at myself though because I completely forgot to hand the beeper off to the therapist who is supposed to cover and now I am the only one left in the office and I can't reach him. So, I have to keep the dang beeper because SOMEONE needs to be on call (unless I become annoying coworker girl and call him nonstop until he answers ... LOL). ARGH!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

That wallet story is just horrible.

I understand why you don't take things that aren't claimed Sprailenes. Why would anyone want to profit off of anothers misfortune? I like the idea of giving things to the goodwill.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well... I'm a little confused. :unsure:

My wife and I were down in Houston to pack up and ship my things to Vancouver, right? I sent the important stuff using FedEx -- my computer, both monitors (I have a dual-monitor setup) and my sword collection. The other items -- four packages containing games, clothing, and books -- I shipped with UPS.

My FedEx stuff arrived the day after we got back. The UPS stuff started coming in about two weeks after we sent it off. I expected that and wasn't annoyed. However, I got a phone call from UPS a day or two ago and they asked me to send "proof" that I live in Canada legally.

The woman working for UPS asked if I was a Canadian citizen. I told her, "No, I'm not. I'm a Canadian permanent resident." She paused for a moment and then asked for my Canadian citizenship ID.

I began to wonder if she was even paying attention or if she herself was here legally, since Canadian citizens don't need an ID beyond a driver's license -- unless traveling abroad, of course. I told her once again that I am a Canadian PR and not a citizen. She seemed satisfied with that and then said CBSA was holding one of my packages and they needed proof of my legal residency.

I was okay with that. I photocopied my PR Card, Visa and U.S. passport and faxed it to them (with a cover sheet). I called her back 30 minutes later and she said she had received the fax. I asked her which box was held up and how long it'd take to arrive. She replied, "It's a box full of clothes and it should be there tomorrow."

Maybe I'm missing something, but how could clothing be any sort of risk to Canadian security? What am I going to do? Strangle people with a sweater? :blink:

So the first day (the day she called) I received the first package. It had books in it. Today two packages arrived (more books and games/music). Supposedly the third package (the one containing my ever-so-threatening clothing) is going to be dropped off on Monday, since UPS doesn't seem to deliver on the weekend.

To be fair to UPS, this isn't their fault. CBSA is acting weird (like usual) and doing what government does best: screw things up. :wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.