bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Now the CA fires are raging. I am going insane. At this point I don't even care when I am approved. It's just getting silly.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just spent over 30 minutes sorting out my phone bill with Telus, I received $50 in credit where they had overcharged me (new 2nd line).

I got 'cut off' from the first agent I was speaking to - which turned out to be a grand thing because the second person was much more organized.

Here is the thing, I knew as soon as I added that 2nd line I was going to have to sort it out at some point.

- They charged me for 'installation' even though there was a promotion on at the time - the first agent tried to tell me - sorry there was no promotion - 2nd agent said, yes you are right, shouldn't have been charged.

- I changed features on the phone a few weeks ago - they pro-rated the phone line charge and the voice mail charge to two different dates - 5 days apart. How does that happen, don't they look to see if what they are doing makes any sense whatsoever?

It's just annoying.

/vent.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Now the CA fires are raging. I am going insane. At this point I don't even care when I am approved. It's just getting silly.

If you don't get an interview letter for your I-485 by November 11, go back to Infopass. There's not much they can do in the interim since you've been given the standard line of 60 days after they resumed processing when they received your RFE. But hopefully they'll schedule you soon. Is your local office a busy one? Maybe that's why there's been delays in getting an interview scheduled. I doubt very much you'll be approved without an interview since you adjusted from a visitor. Looks like the only ones really to get approved without interview are those adjusting from K1s.

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Timeline

If you don't get an interview letter for your I-485 by November 11, go back to Infopass. There's not much they can do in the interim since you've been given the standard line of 60 days after they resumed processing when they received your RFE. But hopefully they'll schedule you soon. Is your local office a busy one? Maybe that's why there's been delays in getting an interview scheduled. I doubt very much you'll be approved without an interview since you adjusted from a visitor. Looks like the only ones really to get approved without interview are those adjusting from K1s.

Yeah I have a countdown sheet and time frames. Right now I am way over my EAD time line, but I have to wait for another 11 days to go infopass. Plus the AOS time frame still has until the 11th. So I have an appointment for November already. I am just antsy.

Santa Ana doesn't seem to be a busy one based on time lines on VJ.

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

I just unpacked my desktop computer from the packaging box today after we got our desk, and we discovered that the case is basically hooped. -_- It's a custom-built computer which I built last year, so the case I bought for it was a heavy steel case which was purported to be one of the quietest cases on the market. (More details if you're really, really interested...) Anyway, the case is mostly intact except for the fact that my front door won't attach anymore because the plastic hinging and all the plastic bits behind the front door have shattered into pieces. There are plastic bits hanging off that I can't take off because they're the power/reset buttons wired to the power supply.

The good thing is that my computer is working. For now. Damn UPS. -_-

Edited by Nini & Bee

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Did you have insurance with UPS? If so, I'd make them pay for the damages. At least its still working.

Here's my K-1 Timeline:

October 2006 - I-129F sent

10/24/2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!....APPROVED!!

10/30/2007 - Visa in hand!

AOS Timeline:

1/30/08 - Sent AOS pkg Priority Mail with USPS

3/12/08 - Biometrics taken

3/29/08 - EAD and AP in hand for me and my son

5/21/08 - Email-GC on its way!...RFE for my son's application

5/27/08 - GC arrives!!!

7/02/08 - Sons GC arrives!!!

ROC TIMELINE

3/23/10 - ROC sent!

3/29/10 - NOA1

4/22/10 - Biometrics Appt for me and my son

6/30/10 - Email saying card production ordered for me and my son

7/6/10 - Letter in the mail saying cards will arrive within 60 days

7/10/10 - Both cards received!

I had insurance on the computer, but the guy stressed that it was only for loss and not damages incurred during transit. If there'd been damage insurance, I'd have paid for it - that thing's my (second) baby. :blush:

It's funny though because I've had other people ship their customers through UPS and they've told me they were able to buy damage insurance. Maybe it's different through international shipping?

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Thats weird. I always thought that "damage" was included with the insurance. Once you hand over your belongings to UPS to ship and you pay for insurance, you'd think that it is their responsibility to ship the item with care. Guess I better ask them when it comes time for me to use them to ship some of my stuff.

Here's my K-1 Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

5/27/08 - GC arrives!!!

ROC TIMELINE

3/23/10 - ROC sent!

3/29/10 - NOA1

Ohhhhh Nini...

I just went on the UPS website and found something. I can't sopy & paste, so I'll quote it.....

"In connection with a damaged Shipment, the Shipper must retain the original packaging until an inspection can be completed by UPS or its agent"

Theres a whole bunch to read on that. Heres a link and go to page 16. Hope this helps, if any.

http://www.ups.com/media/en/ca/terms_service_ca.pdf

Mary

Here's my K-1 Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

5/27/08 - GC arrives!!!

ROC TIMELINE

3/23/10 - ROC sent!

3/29/10 - NOA1

Timeline

ARGH I am almost at the end of my rope. HOW LONG DOES THIS SH-T have to take?!

July 5th - October 29th = 114 days - the average EAD comes in what 74-77 days? What on Earth is taking so long?

I have to wait until the 10th of November for 60 days past RFE receipt before I can go in to Infopass, and until this friday before it is 30 days past current processing date to 2nd level IO. I am just going absolutely nuts waiting here knowing there are people in AUGUST getting approves and here I am sitting and waiting on my #######.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHH!!

That is all. :whistle:

Current Status
July, 2011 - US Citizen

Timeline
I just unpacked my desktop computer from the packaging box today after we got our desk, and we discovered that the case is basically hooped. -_- It's a custom-built computer which I built last year, so the case I bought for it was a heavy steel case which was purported to be one of the quietest cases on the market. (More details if you're really, really interested...) Anyway, the case is mostly intact except for the fact that my front door won't attach anymore because the plastic hinging and all the plastic bits behind the front door have shattered into pieces. There are plastic bits hanging off that I can't take off because they're the power/reset buttons wired to the power supply.

The good thing is that my computer is working. For now. Damn UPS. -_-

Keep complaining and take it up the chain until someone compensates you. They will get tired of listening eventually and do something. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

OK, my vent for the day - Canada Revenue! What the bloody !@$#% is taking them so so long to get D's 2006 refund to him?! We filed before May 31st and when we still hadn't heard from them after receiving D's provincial refund sometime in early summer, he called to find out what was going on. They said something about a strike (?), being backlogged and to call back in 8-10 weeks! So September rolls around and D calls back and gets told, "Nope, still working on it, call back in a month." Grrrrr. So last week D calls AGAIN, and get told, "Oh, we had a question about your residential status (since D lives in the US but works for the Canadian government he was declared a non-resident for tax purposes). But it's all figured out now and you should be hearing something any day now." Well, duh, he was declared a non-resident A YEAR AGO! This should NOT be an issue! :ranting:

I wouldn't mind it too much except it's a pretty substantial refund and would come in really handy right about now since we have to pay for his I-751 soon. :crying:

But in a strange twist of coincidence, we still haven't been billed by our accountant, so I guess it all evens out. :lol:

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Timeline

Just got our Virginia State tax refund in the mail yesterday!! lol But they did give us $9 in interest!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
Just got our Virginia State tax refund in the mail yesterday!! lol But they did give us $9 in interest!!

:lol: We actually owed a little VA tax so that wasn't an issue for us.

And yes, the Canadian government better be forking over the interest too!

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.