bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Yea two of our employees are out sick with the same thing. Its the South Jersey/Philly virus. :lol:

I hope I don't catch it, but I'm not around a whole lot of people so I guess that helps :lol:

Ugh why does everyone suggest I go to a doctor when all I have is a freakin cold?? There is no cure for the common cold!

And then people always ask: "Did you take something?"

Why? Why do I always need to take something???? YES I TOOK MY ENTIRE DAMN MEDICINE CABINET AND I STILL FEEL LIKE #######!

That's silly, why do people go to the doc for a cold. They can't do anything for you, just tell you to drink lots of liquids and rest. It's a waste of the docs time. Especially down here because you have to pay a co-pay or what not depending on your insurance, I won't be going to the doc until it's necessary!

Edited by JillA

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Ugh why does everyone suggest I go to a doctor when all I have is a freakin cold?? There is no cure for the common cold!

Yeah, I don't get that down here, either. For a nation with poor health coverage they sure like to go to the doctor a lot. :blink: My husband's always telling me to go to the doctor for every little thing. I think he's finally clued in that, unless I am lying on the floor unconscious in a pool of blood there is no way I am going to the doctor. There are sick people there.

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is it just me or you find that Americans think drugs are the answer to everything here? You should see the medicine cabinet that Mel has- it is half a Pharmacy. When my stepson gets a sniffle, he is loaded up with copious amounts of this #######.

Growing up in my house we had a bottle of Tylenol, maybe some cough syrup and a box of band aids.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well if you have a sore throat for longer than 2 days, it means it might be more than just a cold and you may need anti-biotics.

My Vent is that I really really really despise one of my managers. She literally makes my blood boil.

On the one hand I am so sad to leave my job here because I do like it and pays well, yada, yada, yada... but on the other hand I can't wait to not have to deal with the stress of this place.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline
Is it just me or you find that Americans think drugs are the answer to everything here? You should see the medicine cabinet that Mel has- it is half a Pharmacy. When my stepson gets a sniffle, he is loaded up with copious amounts of this #######.

Growing up in my house we had a bottle of Tylenol, maybe some cough syrup and a box of band aids.

I think they use a lot of drugs. Its a prozac nation.

There is definiatly a difference between the way people react to colds here compared to the way people react in Canada.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol:

You forgot the vicks!

It's totally not you. Quite frankly, I am shocked at the amount of pharmaceuticals Americans have in their cupboards. They even take drugs "just in case" because they feel something may be coming on. :blink: No wonder they can get away with so many drug stores. I mean, there are, literally, drug stores across the street from each other with less than a mile before the next one. It's bizarro land.

iagree.gif

Timeline

:lol: I am glad I am not the only one who thinks so.

I think its funny they sell cigarettes in their drug stores, remember when Canada used to do that? :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
We had buckleys... that alone would scare the cold out of anyone. :P

It was fisherman's friends at our house..

My hubby drugs me at regular intervals..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think its funny they sell cigarettes in their drug stores, remember when Canada used to do that? :P

They don't sell ciggies in drugstores anymore in Canada?

They don't sell ciggies in drugstores anymore in Canada?

They banned it in Ontario about 10 or so years ago. I thought it was national but maybe it was only provincial.

iagree.gif

A few years ago, in Vancouver at a gas station.

I went in with my twoonie to pay for filling up my then scooter.

There was a poster with a photo of cigarette-damaged lungs.

It was huge and absolutely gross.

The guy beside me ordered a pack of cigarettes.

I look at him.

I looked again at the poster.

He looked at the poster.

We looked at each other.

I turned and left.

It was so strange/funny/awkward...what a moment in time.

Hahaha!

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.