bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Last Thursday went for a haircut, and it looked ok! Got home and realized I had a bow cut, and the front was slanted big time,lol What a crummy haircut. I guess I could have gone back and complained, but instead will just never go back. So instead forked over another $18 for a hair cut today!! oh well, could be worse

I'm thinking you mean a bowl cut? A bow cut would be pretty funny as well. :lol: I've tried to imagine what that might look like, but I'm having a hard time. I just realized we've NEVER seen you flames. You've never posted a picture or anything. What DO you look like? At $18 a haircut, I would've gone back. Is that what guys are paying for cuts up your way??

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

ya, I meant a bowl cut,lol Men's cut is around $15, plus a 3 or $4 tip. Ya I should have gone back, but the guy was very nice, believe he was Vietnamese, spoke very terrible English, so i didn't want to get him into trouble. Instead I just won't go back. The barber at the place that fixed it, laughed at me,lol It was pretty funny! Better to laugh than get too upset.

Edited by flames9

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

ya, I meant a bowl cut,lol Men's cut is around $15, plus a 3 or $4 tip. Ya I should have gone back, but the guy was very nice, believe he was Vietnamese, spoke very terrible English, so i didn't want to get him into trouble. Instead I just won't go back. The barber at the place that fixed it, laughed at me,lol It was pretty funny! Better to laugh than get too upset.

Good attitude. :thumbs: I don't know why someone with terrible English would get in trouble for cutting your hair like a bowl though. :blink:

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm sick today. It sucks.

I may go home. Who knows.

Take the day off. Go home. Get better soon! (F)

I agree!

I agree too :thumbs:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

I would but I keep asking myself: "Is it really that bad?"

Its not terrible, I have a sore throat and my head is stuffy. If it gets worse I will go home.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Its not terrible, I have a sore throat and my head is stuffy. If it gets worse I will go home.

Hot toddy time! :dance:

:lol:

Feel better, nev. Definitely go home if you are feeling s*itty. It's not worth it.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

Yea so as many of you know I work at a private country club, members only yadda yadda.

So this kid walks in a ski mask and asks me if he can get warm... he sits down and starts asking me about rich people.

"Is this a rich people place?"

"I'd like to live here!"

First of all we're in Moorestown, off a main road so you have to drive in to get to us, this kid had his moped parked out front and I have no clue why he chose to come in here. He was just being generally strange, making fun of stuff and whatnot.

Members are in and about the building and I am afraid this kid is going to say something to one of them and offend them. So I go into our kitchen to ask the sous chef and executive chef (big guys) to come out and ask him to leave.

They come out and come back in the kitchen and basically laugh at me and say that the kid is just trying to get warm. So I come back out and go to my office and again he walks over and starts talking about how he could put on a metal show for the members... yeaa okay there. :rolleyes:

So finally my boss who is a woman! Gets up and tells him to leave. Just goes to show you that if we were in ####### with some stranger coming in, it would be HER That would take care of business and not the big guys. :lol:

If the kid wanted to come in and get warm, fine... but don't sit there and run your mouth and make fun of the members here.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey, I have what you have :( My first week in America and already this big city is eating me alive lol.

Hopefully this sickness goes away soon for the both of us.

-Kerri

Timeline

Ugh why does everyone suggest I go to a doctor when all I have is a freakin cold?? There is no cure for the common cold!

And then people always ask: "Did you take something?"

Why? Why do I always need to take something???? YES I TOOK MY ENTIRE DAMN MEDICINE CABINET AND I STILL FEEL LIKE #######!

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.