bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I find it rather confusing and annoying, also. As well as the fact that they completely ignore the fact that he's half white too. I haven't heard anyone saying he's the next white president and ignoring the black half. Nor have I heard them ever talk about any of the other presidents being their next white president. Yet, because he has African American features, he is labelled. And Americans seem to be okay with the fact that they have to distinguish between races. It's in normal everyday talk. They just don't notice for some reason.

On the bright side, I think it's fabulous that there is going to be a strong-minded, confident, intelligent person in office. It's quite a relief. And the fact that he is part black is definitely having an impact. And that can only be a good thing.

iagree.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I find it rather confusing and annoying, also. As well as the fact that they completely ignore the fact that he's half white too. I haven't heard anyone saying he's the next white president and ignoring the black half. Nor have I heard them ever talk about any of the other presidents being their next white president. Yet, because he has African American features, he is labelled. And Americans seem to be okay with the fact that they have to distinguish between races. It's in normal everyday talk. They just don't notice for some reason.

On the bright side, I think it's fabulous that there is going to be a strong-minded, confident, intelligent person in office. It's quite a relief. And the fact that he is part black is definitely having an impact. And that can only be a good thing.

Well said krikit!

Just wanted to say I feel good about our new President Barak Obama

Good Luck to him, I wouldnt want the weight of this world on my shoulders

GOD BLESS HIM

he certainly has the charisma and character of a great leader :thumbs:

GOD BLESS HIM

I totally agree. I just worry for his safety. There are some real nuts out there. :(

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

GOD BLESS HIM

I totally agree. I just worry for his safety. There are some real nuts out there. :(

I agree.

It makes me angry, I don't think anyone deserves to die, but it surprises me that a warmonger has lasted 8 years, and that Obama has safety issues because of the colour of his skin.

Just shows how far we still have to go to live in a world free of hate.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

WTH???? :angry:

so hubby parked on the street last night and he just called to tell me that some kids had thrown eggs onto the back window of he car... :girlwerewolf2xn:

of course now it is all dry ... :blink::wacko:

I asked him if other cars had gotten the same treatment but he said he didn't look...

the last few months I noticed more and more kids just hanging out on the street.... young kids too, maybe 12 or younger...

so last week my car gets a stink bomb and this week this... :blink:

I wonder if someone has it out for Hondas or something :P

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What the hell??? Thats two things in one week for you Marilyn! I'd be staying up all night with the lights off and looking out the window and waiting for those little brats to just try something.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

well, yeah that might be a good plan but can't really see the street from our place...

I sent an email off to the police officer in charge of non-emergencies in our area....

that was quick, as I was typing the first part of this post I got an email back ..

he said I could call him tomorrow to get some more information but he also said he would get some extra patrol out to our neighborhood. :thumbs:

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I am going to drive down the street in a little bit and see if anyone else got egged...

hubby asked me if maybe I looked at a kid wrong or something but I told him I don't look at anybody... I just mind my own business

mvSuprise-hug.gif

well, yeah that might be a good plan but can't really see the street from our place...

I sent an email off to the police officer in charge of non-emergencies in our area....

that was quick, as I was typing the first part of this post I got an email back ..

he said I could call him tomorrow to get some more information but he also said he would get some extra patrol out to our neighborhood. :thumbs:

Oh excellent. I was going to tell you to report these incidents to the police. Good to hear they're being responsive.

iagree.gif

Timeline

Oh excellent. I was going to tell you to report these incidents to the police. Good to hear they're being responsive.

and I think he was off today too because he mentioned that he would be back at work tomorrow

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

and I think he was off today too because he mentioned that he would be back at work tomorrow

Oh nice. He must have a blackberry. lol

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

bleh wrong thread

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.