bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I think in a forum such an immigration forum, a few people posting the same response, gives the OP a bit more confidence that the reply is correct.

That's true. Thx.

Or you look like an idiot and flames is just being nice :hehe:

Haha! No that's not true and happens all the time here.

what bugs me is when a thread goes on for days and days with the same answer over and over. "yes you should include a photo-copy of that" "my Husband and I included a photo copy" "I personally think a photocopy is important" "yeah...do a photocopy, better safe than sorry :thumbs: "

I have learned to quickly leave these threads now though :lol: (I don't even know why it annoys me - why would I care if someone wants to waste their time)?

Edited by trailmix

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I think in a forum such an immigration forum, a few people posting the same response, gives the OP a bit more confidence that the reply is correct.

That's true. Thx.

Or you look like an idiot and flames is just being nice :hehe:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha! No that's not true and happens all the time here.

what bugs me is when a thread goes on for days and days with the same answer over and over. "yes you should include a photo-copy of that" "my Husband and I included a photo copy" "I personally think a photocopy is important" "yeah...do a photocopy, better safe than sorry :thumbs: "

I have learned to quickly leave these threads now though :lol: (I don't even know why it annoys me - why would I care if someone wants to waste their time)?

OMG, do you recall a member named Daisy? She was here about two or three years back. She would ask the exact same question over and over and over and post it in every forum imaginable. People kept asking her for specifics (I believe it was the timeline and visa type or something) so they could answer her question with correct information, but she just wouldn't do it. It got to the point where members were literally SCREAMING at her. OMG, it was HYSTERICAL. I was literally :rofl: . :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay, let's see...

1. I'm in Vancouver. It's cold and there's snow. I despise both (especially since the cold can bother my asthma). According to my in-laws, it hasn't snowed this badly in about 60 years. Lucky me. I'm from Houston, TX and the weather is far warmer all year long. My wife is originally from Edmonton, so we both moved to BC since it's supposed to be a bit warmer. So much for that!

2. My dad, while meaning well (I suppose), thinks he knows everything about Canada. The last time he spent any real amount of time in Canada was in the 1960s. Sure, he and my brother came to my wedding (it was on Granville Island), but they only stayed a few days. Even so, Canada has changed a little in the past 40-something years (such as going from Fahrenheit to Celsius and using coins instead of $1 and $2 bills).

Interestingly enough, my in-laws still think -- and discuss measurements -- in imperial. They know Celsius and use it too, but imperial is easier for them. I realized this when my brother-in-law asked how far such-and-such place was and I said 80 miles. He didn't know what that meant in kilometers. My father-in-law, however, understood and explained it.

3. Once again, my dad is irritating me. He claims that a lawyer would have made the process faster. It doesn't matter that it took a little under six months for my wife and I be together. Apparently, a lawyer would have somehow cut the time down.

My brother, who is in law school, says my dad is wrong. My brother has said that a lawyer wouldn't make the process go faster (unless you were really careless when filling out forms) and could actually slow the process down in some cases. He's tried explaining that to my dad, but as usual, my dad won't listen.

The snow has melted near the beaches...and it looks like very warm weather is coming.

Hang in there DeadPool!

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

A-types always like to be right. Two A-types will bug the heck out of each other. Sometimes you just have to let it go.

Yes!

Like two "first borns"...so stubborn.

Hey that's me and my partner!!

Hahaha!

Do you want to be right or do you want to just love and be lovable?

Hee, hee.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

DPX.. stubborn old folks. My husbands grandmother is one, she thinks she knows the immigration process better than us and would tell me that I could work when I first arrived even though we all know thats true.

Its soo frustrating to try to talk to them. They don't understand, they're not in the process, its sometimes just best to nod along and smile politely.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

1. I'm in Vancouver. It's cold and there's snow.

Move to the U.S., I hear Florida is balmy :lol: (plus I know some people who can help you out with the immigration process)

2. My dad, while meaning well (I suppose), thinks he knows everything about Canada.

Parents know everything.

3. Once again, my dad is irritating me. He claims that a lawyer would have made the process faster.

Never mention immigration to him again. If you find yourself doing that - refer to item 2

Timeline

Here's another issue I forgot to vent about...

There's some sort of small elevated bump on my lower-left jaw right behind the wisdom tooth. It doesn't hurt (unless I specifically jab at it) and it's not exuding pus, but it's very annoying. Whenever I close my mouth, it feels like there's a small marble in there.

Timeline

There's some sort of small elevated bump on my lower-left jaw right behind the wisdom tooth. It doesn't hurt (unless I specifically jab at it) and it's not exuding pus, but it's very annoying. Whenever I close my mouth, it feels like there's a small marble in there.

Might want to make sure that its not an abscess. Cause that may suggest something is wrong with the root and you need a root canal. Yeee. Hope that its nothing and perhaps just stuck food. Gross - but better than an infected root.

Unless you ate marbles recently? :P

Ugh. That would be annoying. Maybe you're getting a cyst. Hopefully, it will go away on its own.

A-types always like to be right. Two A-types will bug the heck out of each other. Sometimes you just have to let it go.

You've just described my dad and me. :P

No, really? lol

iagree.gif

Timeline
OMG, do you recall a member named Daisy? She was here about two or three years back. She would ask the exact same question over and over and over and post it in every forum imaginable. People kept asking her for specifics (I believe it was the timeline and visa type or something) so they could answer her question with correct information, but she just wouldn't do it. It got to the point where members were literally SCREAMING at her. OMG, it was HYSTERICAL. I was literally :rofl: . :lol:

The one with the Husband and children and they were all moving from Canada together??

The one with the Husband and children and they were all moving from Canada together??

No, she was from the Philippines, I believe. There are a bunch of Daisy members here, I noticed. :energy: I should do a search and see if I can find one of her threads. But it probably won't be as funny because you would need to have read ALL of her threads to see why people were getting hysterical. lol

iagree.gif

Timeline

Anyone have any links? I'd like to read this. :P

Oh and MrsCat... marbles taste good! They're like Flintstones vitamins, only smooth and round! :wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.