bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh wow, I just read that thread again.... I go to lunch, and suddenly 8 pages pop up while I'm gone. I read some very disappointing comments from some people I didn't expect to hear that sort of stuff from. Just furthers my opinion that arguing politics or religion over the internet is about as much fun as punching yourself in the nuts

I can't even read that stuff.... the ignorance and bigotry just bothers me too much, so I don't bother. There are certain topics you learn to avoid talking about because they fire people up wayyyy too much!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
So you headed to the urologist Charles? I wasn't gonna touch that one. I knew what he meant, and thats enough for me. Only time i'll criticize someone's grammar is if they have made a point of doing it to others. That whole thread had "Please Flame Me" written all over it.

That actually reminds me of something...

My dad's a neurologist. So whenever my mom (or my brother and me) said that to someone in conversation, the reply would be: "Oh, so he's a urologist." The two deal with completely different parts of the body, but somehow, the mistake is made on a consistent basis. I suppose a lot of people are having issues with "one head or another." :P

Timeline

I went out to get the mail at work and was walking back to the office and fell UP the curb. I flew... so did all the mail.... and all I could do was lay there. Luckily no one witnessed the fall. My hands and knees are all scraped up... falling on cold pavement always hurts.

And yes I am fully aware that my fall on the pavement is nowhere near as catastrophic as a plane crash into the hudson river but I am still in pain. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I went out to get the mail at work and was walking back to the office and fell UP the curb. I flew... so did all the mail.... and all I could do was lay there. Luckily no one witnessed the fall. My hands and knees are all scraped up... falling on cold pavement always hurts.

And yes I am fully aware that my fall on the pavement is nowhere near as catastrophic as a plane crash into the hudson river but I am still in pain. :P

Oh damn that sucks! At least you're OK and didn't crack your head open or break any bones!! And that no one saw you, that could be a bit embarrasing

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

A woman tried to lecture me about my car. Aparently, my Audi is killing the environment and I should rush out and go buy a Prius. I tried my best not to be snide, but I believe I failed miserably.

Timeline
A woman tried to lecture me about my car. Aparently, my Audi is killing the environment and I should rush out and go buy a Prius. I tried my best not to be snide, but I believe I failed miserably.

:lol: some people sure have alot of gall!

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

You know I really hate people like that.

Sure, hybrids are great cars, but don't act like your ####### don't stink just because you drive one.

She was wearing crocs, I should have seen it coming :rofl:

UGH!!!!! I would have RUN!

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

ok the crocs reminded me of something that happened at work yesterday :P

so I get to work and see that the grandma is there.. she comes over sometimes when I am working...

anyways she is planning on taking the 3 year old to do some errands with her so I go to get him dressed.. I am one that, within reason, I let the kids wear what they want... anywho, the kid wants to wear regular shoes but with no socks but I tell him the only time you can't wear socks is when you wear sandals so then he decided he wants to wear sandals... and I figured what the heck, I knew it was going to be a warm day anyways... so the sandals he picks are nice and ones with a Velcro strap around the back of he foot etc...

so he goes into the kitchen and the grandma sees the sandals and says to him, "oh we are probbaly going to have to change your shoes.. those might be a little cold for today" :blink: I explained to her that he wanted to wear those etc... but she just said "oh I know" :P anyways she didn't change the shoes right a ways so I figured she forgot about it.. so a little while later they were leaving when they came back inside and she said "oh we need o change his shoes to something better".... so the kid comes back with his crocs on :o and these crocs are even a little big on him and they have holes etc.... not sure how those are better then the sandals I put him in :P

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
Well, this is California, it's practically a Hippy commune at times. :jest:

I can only imagine what she'd have said if I still had my 67 camaro :devil:

I would have said: "Sheesh I would hate to run in to you while in my hummer!"

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
So you headed to the urologist Charles? I wasn't gonna touch that one. I knew what he meant, and thats enough for me. Only time i'll criticize someone's grammar is if they have made a point of doing it to others. That whole thread had "Please Flame Me" written all over it.

i thought maybe he meant illogical, but he spelled urologist right...... :blink:

maybe someday i'll get to be a gynecologist instead. :crying:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

i thought maybe he meant illogical, but he spelled urologist right...... :blink:

maybe someday i'll get to be a gynecologist instead. :crying:

LoL, that is waht I thought he said too. :whistle:

Timeline
Well, this is California, it's practically a Hippy commune at times. :jest:

I can only imagine what she'd have said if I still had my 67 camaro :devil:

I would have said: "Sheesh I would hate to run in to you while in my hummer!"

:lol: yes that would have been a perfect comeback!!

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

Glad you're not hurt. Just to give you a different perspective though, falling 'upstairs' is supposed to be good luck, so maybe falling up a curb is also good luck. (Ok, ok, I hear the peanut gallery piping in "Of Course it's good luck - the good luck is that you didn't fall DownStairs!")!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.