bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Here, here! I didn't see that posting. I'd get too mad if I went and saw it, so I'm going to stay away. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that when I mentioned earlier about people I knew from here on VJ and stuff they've said, and I'm like..."whoa! I never thought they thought like that!", that happens here, in the Canada forum as well. Sometimes people from here on this forum are very bad too. Maybe I'm too sensitive (gosh, haven't I been told that before!), maybe it's because I'm older, but some of the things here on VJ, whether it be OT or here on the Canada forum are sometimes disgraceful. Just my opinion.

I agree Carla - and maybe I would be 'labelled' as too sensitive as well - but i'm ok with that :thumbs:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I like some of the stuff in OT, but lately, the online proselytizing is getting a bit annoying. I can respect someone that has their beliefs, but why can't they accept that nobody is going to convert over the internet. Or more bluntly, that nobody really cares. I try not to mock them, but I truely find proselytizing insulting.

what, and miss moments like this:

UGH, im trying convince an uneducated even urological man.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

So you headed to the urologist Charles? I wasn't gonna touch that one. I knew what he meant, and thats enough for me. Only time i'll criticize someone's grammar is if they have made a point of doing it to others. That whole thread had "Please Flame Me" written all over it.

Timeline
it took me about 4 hours to get home from work today.. it usually takes me about 20 to 30 minutes :angry: :angry:

they had shut down the one side of the freeway all day because a tanker hauling liquid asphalt overturned on the highway blocking the road and spilling the asphalt all over the road....

traffic was crazy.. even the side streets were all jammed up... I almost started crying at one point because I though I would never get home :crying:

Awww Marilyn. How's the car working? First that and now this! You've had a heck of a week. HUGS!

I had to have the heat blaring again so the car wouldn't overheat...

oh and to top things off the car wouldn't start yesterday morning.. hubby had to give the car a jump start and then after work it wouldn't start again... looks like we need to get a new battery... :P

I like some of the stuff in OT, but lately, the online proselytizing is getting a bit annoying. I can respect someone that has their beliefs, but why can't they accept that nobody is going to convert over the internet. Or more bluntly, that nobody really cares. I try not to mock them, but I truely find proselytizing insulting.

On another note, working for a very liberal city government, we get great benefits. They pay for our health, vision, and dental insurance, for the employee and their family.

Traffic was absolutely awful everywhere in the L.A. area. It took me just under 2 hours to get home and I was probably about 35 miles away from the accident. Did they clear up that mess finally?

not sure if it is cleaned up yet...

as for the accident I don't think anybody was hurt.. they never mentioned anything in the news reports... and it was only the truck that was involved in the accident....

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I think it is silly to pick on people's grammar and spelling specailly seeing as this is an international board with people from all over the world ...

yeah I think it is ok to call people out on their grammar when it is people who do that to other people :P ...lol

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline
Here, here! I didn't see that posting. I'd get too mad if I went and saw it, so I'm going to stay away. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that when I mentioned earlier about people I knew from here on VJ and stuff they've said, and I'm like..."whoa! I never thought they thought like that!", that happens here, in the Canada forum as well. Sometimes people from here on this forum are very bad too. Maybe I'm too sensitive (gosh, haven't I been told that before!), maybe it's because I'm older, but some of the things here on VJ, whether it be OT or here on the Canada forum are sometimes disgraceful. Just my opinion.

ohsnap.jpg

*slinks off to review old posts*

So you headed to the urologist Charles? I wasn't gonna touch that one. I knew what he meant, and thats enough for me. Only time i'll criticize someone's grammar is if they have made a point of doing it to others. That whole thread had "Please Flame Me" written all over it.

Link? :unsure:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I would bet that the people who tend to get insulting and snarky are nothing like that in real life. It's the comfort of relative anonymity.

Very true.

The loud ones in the OT were probably the kids who were teased in highschool and didn't get their chance at being "popular". If they were so much better than the people they ridicule than you'd think they'd be doing something more than just sit at a computer pecking away at the keys.

Insecurity is a sad thing and it shines through the meanies, and they shouldn't be so quick to jump on someone for feeling a certain way. If I post there I rarely go back to see replies because I know what it is going to be. Its just not worth it.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

ohsnap.jpg

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=172224

Timeline

ohsnap.jpg

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=172224

Oh goodness me.....

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Okay, my opinion of religion, which is not of entirely my words, and I agree with it:

You are the product of your place of birth.

And if indeed the spiritual leaders are right and our souls chose our parents and our lives for this experience, well then....does this not mean that we are of such and such religion because of our upbringing?

In other words, if a person was born in Greece, chance are they were baptized Orthodox.

If they were born in Quebec to francophones, chances are they were baptized Catholic.

Etc etc.

As babies, did we have a choice?

And so...as adults, people have chosen to change religions....or adopt one if they did not have one...or have chosen to abstain from religion all together.

That song by R.E.M. where Michael sings, "Here I am, choosing my religion..."

is so telling.

Choice.

We all have it.

If a person thinks deeply about this, what does it all mean?

When one thinks globally, humanitarianly, lovingly, is there one god (religion) better than another?

And while I'm at it, when did the Greeks go from the 12 gods/goddesses to the one?! Ha!

No need to answer.

In the end, there is only one important thing:

(L)love not fear. (L)

:D

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh, okay. One of those argumentative religious threads. Again. And again. And again. Personally, I think there ares enough religious and political threads to warrant their own forums.

Agreed :thumbs:

Timeline

Oh, okay. One of those argumentative religious threads. Again. And again. And again. Personally, I think there ares enough religious and political threads to warrant their own forums.

ding ding ding ding!!!!!

Oh Krikit.. that's a great idea.. man.. you are a big shot organizer now no? can't you make that happen?

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

That song by R.E.M. where Michael sings, "Here I am, choosing my religion..."

is so telling.

Not to take away from your post or anything, Spirit, because it did have merit, but the REM song is actually "Losing my religion." In the south that means losing your temper enough to swear.

iagree.gif

ding ding ding ding!!!!!

Oh Krikit.. that's a great idea.. man.. you are a big shot organizer now no? can't you make that happen?

Believe it or not I did ask Ewok for that. He was in agreement until a few others argued against it. My personal take on them resisting the suggestion was because it would limit their audience. If you're not interested in politics you're not going to venture into that forum, hence reduced traffic to view their strutting.

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.