bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Great stories, guys! :lol:

Oh wait. That's not a vent.

Crappy stories, guys! :angry:

P.S. I don't know what Section 8 is but I'm assuming it is some sort of relocation benefit. You know...... people who were taken from their trailer park and moved to a better neighbourhood with financial assistance provided. :hehe:

iagree.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I live in a duplex in the upstairs apartment, and I am always cautious about my noise level. Like I'll never run the dishwasher or laundry past 9pm usually, and I'm very courteous. I know there are people DIRECTLY below me and I don't want to wake them up or disturb anyone. It's too bad some people don't show respect to their neighbors and only care about themselves.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

section 8 housing is low income housing I belive. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_8_(housing)

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
section 8 housing is low income housing I belive. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_8_(housing)

:yes: and it's quite an anomaly in our neighborhood, we live in a mid-posh area of our town.. we just happened to luck out and find a landlord that wasn't worried about making millions with the rent.. but apparently we pay peanuts compared to others in the area.

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

When I was growing up, we lived in townhouses. Our first neighbour was a family from Somalia, and all their cousins. I have no idea how many people lived in that house, and the cooking permeated through the walls into our house. That lasted about 3 years.

The next neighbour had 4 kids, 2 which were 2 and 4 I believe. My sisters room shared a wall with the mother and she REGULARLY heard her getting busy. (She even once heard her gettin busy with another dude from the townhouses who was half her age, and married! LOL!) The 2 youngest (the boys) were terrors. They used to sneak into our house through the attached attack. Unlucky for me, it was through my bedroom closet!! The one boy once came up to me on my porch and asked me why I had so many pairs of shoes. I asked them what he was talking about, he said he came into my room through the attic and saw :s They had other problems growing up, regular problems that some families go through, but they made no effort to keep the kids out of our house or keep the noise down.

Ironically enough, we've all grown up and some of us are pretty close to members of the family now. Luckily.

My worst situation was with a roommate rather than a neighbour, I let this friend of mine come live with me. All was fine at first but then she started going back on her words on a lot of things. Mostly problems with my boyfriend at the time who was living with us as well. I can understand if I had hid the fact that he was living there, but we talked about it, she was in a bad situation and needed a place fast. She was fine with it. Eventually she ended up racking up a $900 phone bill, accused me of ruining her rug with red wine, stealing her KETCHUP AND MARGARINE (after she had put an invisible line in the fridge and I clearly had my own) We had only communicated through email for the last few days, mostly me asking her what she was planning on doing about the phone bill trying to get some sort of commitment from her to pay it. I kept a record of everything, went to talk to the local police about the bill and what I could do to get her to pay it, and how to get her out the most amicably. I did everything by the book, and luckily so. The NEXT day I came out of the shower to 2 cops standing there (heh, One was dreamy, I was kinda happy to see them ;);) LOL! ) So she had called the cops saying I threatened her and said I was gonna lock her out and steal her stuff and other lies and bs. After talking to them and showing them everything I had (all the emails and such) They basically told her she had nothing and that she should pay the bill and move out as she said she would. She then started throwing accusations out at them and they just ignored her. She asked if she had to sign a report and they were like MA'AM THERE IS NO REPORT! She moved out that weekend, and only paid 300 bucks off that bill. We had agreed that if she moved out Jun 1 instead of Jul 1, id only charge her 800 instead of the 900. Oh and to note, she never paid her share for the internet, then got mad when I unplugged her pc from the router and took the cable out. You dont pay, you dont play!

She then went on to send nasty emails to anybody we both knew. She dragged that situation out for a looong time, to anybody who listened. Luckily, she had a history of being a poor me drama queen and most people knew the truth anyways.

LOL sorry for the long post, that situation brings out the anger in me. OOOhhh If I saw her walking the streets in TO today....

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Timeline

Side note: While we're on conditional status in the states, can we get section 8 housing? I always thought we weren't able to get any kind of government assistance at all? Welfare, food stamps, low income housing, etc.

Anyone know the rules that can help me out?

-Kerri

Timeline

Ahhh 'friends'.

This girl I knew from the time I was in high school (I didn't go to high school in Canada but we would go back to Calgary each summer) - anyway, they lived across the street.

After I got married (first marriage) - I noticed that she always seemed to be flirting with my now ex-husband. Just sexual innuendo - but bordering on inappropriate.

Anyway, after I got divorced she and I would go to the bar sometimes and one night she 'confessed' to me that she always had a crush on my ex-husband - I said yeah, I know :lol:

Ffwd several months and Mike is in Calgary, we meet her and her now Husband (the guy who was the best man for her first wedding btw) for drinks. When we go to leave she gives Mike a big hug and I can't remember if she kissed him on the cheek or lips - anyway, I stopped talking to her after that. :lol:

(btw - there were a multitude of other things, I just think this particular story is funny)

Timeline

Trailmix.. oh my dear... that reminds me so much of this guy I knew.. he was HOT.. and I Mean a HOTTIE.. he'd walk in the room and me knees would get weak!! Anyway, he was dating this really nice gal, and I literally did everything in my power to stay away from him cause I just couldn't stop the physical reaction I had to him.. he'd come into a party and I'd spend the night trying to get away from him.. tee hee..

All my friends totally thought it was hilarious the effect this guy had on me.. and they eventually told this girl about it.. she took it in great humor of course.. (cause she KNEW I wasn't trying to go get her man).. lol!! Thankfully they moved to NS after a while.. holy.. that guy was HOT!

Edited by Emancipation

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

All my friends totally thought it was hilarious the effect this guy had on me.. and they eventually told this girl about it.. she took it in great humor of course.. (cause she KNEW I wasn't trying to go get her man).. lol!! Thankfully they moved to NS after a while.. holy.. that guy was HOT!

Yeah, she was probably more concerned with her own safety than his. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I had a really bad neighbor in college. It was 12 unit building with three floors. Well, my roomates and I liked to party a bit, but nothing out of control. There were 3 girls that lived in an apartment that didn't share a wall with us. They wouldn't ever say anything to us. Rather, they would send these annonymous notes that would be filled with citations from the lease agreement, or simply call the police. We would have the police over at least twice a week because they thought we had too many people over. My favorite was that they called the police because they felt our BBQ Grill was unsafe and threatened to cave in the balcony. The police were really cool and would tell us what the complaint, but never would tell us who it was. Well, finally, we found out, and even found out why. They were mad because we never invited them....... This is university, not 4th grade, you just show up to a party, you don't send out Smurfs Party Invitations FFS.

So we decided to get our revenge. I will admit up front that this was extremely immature. It was however extremely hilarious and successful. They always left their trash cans out for a day or 2 or 7 after collection day. So, we took their trash can and filled it about 3/4 of the way up with water. It was a square one, so we tipped it a bit and balanced it up against their door. The screaming we heard the next morning at 6 a.m. was deafening. Finally, they knocked on our door. Was funny because we could see through the window that they were standing there, each with a pitcher of water. Nice try.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

venting:

People who send in resumes with grammatical errors and mispelled words.

Figure it out guys! its called spellcheck

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
venting:

Yes that's really bad... At my old job I was looking through resumes for an admin assistant and her e-mail address was: sexypartygurl69@.....com I was like wow, you must be really professional putting that on your resume!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
Side note: While we're on conditional status in the states, can we get section 8 housing? I always thought we weren't able to get any kind of government assistance at all? Welfare, food stamps, low income housing, etc.

Anyone know the rules that can help me out?

-Kerri

No you can't.

And I'll keep it at that. :whistle:

Donne moi une poptart!

venting:

Yes that's really bad... At my old job I was looking through resumes for an admin assistant and her e-mail address was: sexypartygurl69@.....com I was like wow, you must be really professional putting that on your resume!!

:lol:

I look at that kind of thing as a helpful hiring aid. If you can't be bothered to get it right when you're trying to make a first impression then you're not the type of person I want working for me.

iagree.gif

Timeline

I always get tons of resumes handed in at work and I HATE it when they give them to me and they look like they've been in a epic battle for survival. Such as crumpled resumes and ones that have coffee stains. -_-

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.