bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Ever have someone visiting that poo-poos everything?! Its not warm enough, too much rain, the sea turtle was too far away, too much vog, to much wind with the top down, not enough fish snorkeling, not enough washrooms in this house, too humid, you didn't tell me to pack this and it ruined my day, the crowing roosters are too loud, the restaurant you recommended was closed, the beer in your fridge isn't cold enough, you don't have decaf in the house, my snorkeling mask leaks, your snorkeling mask is too foggy, you don't have white bread in the cupboard. . . . . . .

I'm going to scream. One more complaint, and I'm going to lose my mind.

omg MrsCat the way you put this was just hilarious :rofl:

and bah!

Edited by trailmix

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Ever have someone visiting that poo-poos everything?! Its not warm enough, too much rain, the sea turtle was too far away, too much vog, to much wind with the top down, not enough fish snorkeling, not enough washrooms in this house, too humid, you didn't tell me to pack this and it ruined my day, the crowing roosters are too loud, the restaurant you recommended was closed, the beer in your fridge isn't cold enough, you don't have decaf in the house, my snorkeling mask leaks, your snorkeling mask is too foggy, you don't have white bread in the cupboard. . . . . . .

yeah, I just experienced that a few weeks ago.. lol of course my SIL doesn't come right out and complain .. not sure how to explain.. she kind of complains in a roundabout way...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

ya we had relatives that when they came and visited they complained and expected us to do everything for them. They were on holidays, so I guess they figured we were a resort,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My mom is like the bread winner for much of my extended family, minus myself, she taught me to go to school and to work. :D

Anyways for my wedding she brought down my uncle and cousin. Both had NO money. Well my cousin brought down 100.00 but spent it his first day here, my uncle is on disability so he had no money. I wanted to go shopping with them but felt so guilty because no one had money. It was kind of awkward. We'd do stuff and I felt bad for my mom always paying for them, so I would chip in too, taking everyone including my own family to NYC wasn't cheap, believe me even with my mom paying for most of it. My uncle is a nice guy, but for a guy getting a free ride pretty much ALL the time he sure complains a lot, he complained about the food, complained about everything down here! I told my mom the next time she comes down to come down alone. That way we can do stuff.

I don't even like visiting my uncle without my mom around because the first thing he does is ask me for money. And he never ever pays us back. We know when we give him money we'll never see it again. I told my mom to stop enabling him, he's a published writer, he has talents, he needs to apply them.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

that reminds is of this "friend" we had.. one day a group of us decided to go into Vancouver for the day and decided to pick up this girl to go with us... anyways we spent the day and had fun etc....

so on the way home we decide to order Chinese food and eat it at my house so we are in the process of ordering and the girl pipes up that she can't really pay for her part and we are like that is ok.. anyways we are deciding what to get and she keeps saying I don't like that or I don't like this.. WTH?? ... yeah she could get something she likes but she seriously complained about everything we were thinking of getting :blink:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Ahhh! Yes the frugal friend.

I had a friend named Sammi... oh Sammi... where to begin!

Well I met her, like my husband on the Zwan message board and she decided to attend the same college as me (weird but okay). So I am having a house warming party because I just got a new apartment for my second semester and she asked me to pick her up beer because she lived on a credit card her dad gave her and he monitored her purchases. So I buy a 12 pack and tell her she can drink from that. She sleeps over, and the next morning as she's leaving she goes into the fridge and starts taking all the beer that I bought out of my fridge and puts it in her bag!! :o I was like: #######!? And she says: "Well you bought it for me!" and I basically stood there in awe. I didn't even know what to say.

THEN...

I brought her to Chicago a year later to see a concert, my husband and I drove her there, paid for her concert ticket, didn't really matter about the hotel because she could sleep on the floor in the room, and then we took her to our favourite greek restaurant, Athena and she said she couldn't pay for dinner so we said we'd pick up the tab for her. She goes and orders the most expensive entree and then adds shrimp to it for 8.00! THEN she ordered a glass of 15.00 wine! Her bill alone came up to 60.00!! My husbands and mine was 45 combined! :o

That was it! The 9 hour drive back to Canada was so quiet and when I dropped her off back at residence I just couldn't take it anymore, I just let it all come out and oh man the things I said to this girl... I would never repeat. :lol:

Then she has the nerve to call me up the next week and ask me if my husband and I can drive her to her parents in Vaughn. :angry: I couldn't believe her! And then on the message board we were all on, she posted ####### about me being moody and that she didn't know why. Ohhh man. She was fvcking stupid.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

wow that is crazy....

oh that also reminds me of my hubby's aunt.. sometimes she would go with my MIL and FIL to Vegas and they would share a hotel room that my in-laws would pay for because she said she didn't have the money for it and they would also pay for most of her meals.... but my MIL told me that she seemed to have plenty of money to gamble with :blink:

oh and my hubby told me that back when they were young his aunt and uncle and their 3 kids would sometimes sometimes come over and then stay for a week or two and my MIL would do most of the cooking etc.... and it wasn't that they lived far away.. they lived in the same town :o

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
wow that is crazy....

oh that also reminds me of my hubby's aunt.. sometimes she would go with my MIL and FIL to Vegas and they would share a hotel room that my in-laws would pay for because she said she didn't have the money for it and they would also pay for most of her meals.... but my MIL told me that she seemed to have plenty of money to gamble with :blink:

oh and my hubby told me that back when they were young his aunt and uncle and their 3 kids would sometimes sometimes come over and then stay for a week or two and my MIL would do most of the cooking etc.... and it wasn't that they lived far away.. they lived in the same town :o

:lol:

Wow! Its the basis for a sitcom!

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

We had a better day today. The sea turtles were close enough. :lol:

Sprailenes, sometimes I think we're related, cause your fam sounds eerily familiar to mine!

Marilyn - those were priceless stories.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ugh...you know what I hate?! When you try to be helpful and answer someone's question and they come back with "No, you're wrong, you should do it this way." I just shook my head and thought why in the heck did you even ask for help then if you already know the answer?!?! ARGHHH!

Okay, why does that make me so angry? I guess cause I was trying to be helpful and it wasn't even like thanks for trying to help, you know what I mean? Oh well, whatever, I'm over it! Venting sure does help.

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

I hear you...and it doesn't have to be visitors, although when you think of it, it's better that it's visitors because they eventually go home! There is/was someone who posted on VJ that would make me want to scream for all their negativity. I had to stop reading those threads. I worked with someone like that as well. I would have to isolate myself from them. UGH!

Ugh...you know what I hate?! When you try to be helpful and answer someone's question and they come back with "No, you're wrong, you should do it this way." I just shook my head and thought why in the heck did you even ask for help then if you already know the answer?!?! ARGHHH!

Okay, why does that make me so angry? I guess cause I was trying to be helpful and it wasn't even like thanks for trying to help, you know what I mean? Oh well, whatever, I'm over it! Venting sure does help.

Yes, now isn't that annoying? I've never come across so many people here that ask questions, and then when people reply, it's open for a ton of others to tell you you're full of #######. Not many people (OP's) bother to thank people. I don't know how many threads I've responded to where the people never even logged back on again!

*gasp* Maybe my response to them was so awful they thought this wasn't the site for them! :blink:

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

:lol:

I could never NOT pay for myself...I always work on the basis with my good friends that one pays one time, and the other the next....I don't like splitting bills...I think getting down to pennies is a little much for me.

But I could never have a friend pay for me and then when its my turn, say ive got no money. You shouldn't go ANYWHERE if you have no money! You should be working!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I'm really pissed that someone insinuated that I enjoy freedoms of this country but wouldn't sacrifice for them. Since when must one shoot a gun to k ill in order to protect the freedoms we have?

<_<

:secret: go shoot them.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.