bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
So I bought the "TWIN DRAFT GUARD" from those TV commercials, it doesn't work at all!! GRRRR why do I always fall for "as seen on TV" #######? :bonk:

So I am thinking it doesn't fit correctly on your door??

That's the thing with that stuff - they use them in ideal conditions that suit the product. Bah!

draft1.jpg

The commercial makes it look like it works so easily and fits all kinds of doors/floors, but when we put it on it doesn't glide like it does on TV, it just gets stuck and slides under the door then you have to pull it out, stupid thing! It might work better on windows but I don't have the types of windows that slide up/down

The TV ads show it moving smoothly on any kind of floor because the door's bottom clearance is like 4 inches. That's why there are drafts! :lol:

Thanks for this info.

I was wondering about that thingy.

I went to our local hardware store and bought some weather stripping.

Two types, the foam one to stick on really loosely placed doors.

And the other one that is about 1 and !/4 inches in width and long (plastic, comes in different colours), and you can cut it to size, peel and stick.

Great for large gaps under doors and on the sides too.

I strongly recommend it.

Cheap! A couple bucks.

:star:

That sounds good.... Much better and cheaper than the twin draft!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

My cousins are getting married pretty much back to back, one in August and one in October of this year. I was going to go to my cousins Jay's wedding because I like him more than his brother and I don't like his brothers fiance anyways. Then I hear that my cousin isn't actually happy with the woman he is with but is only marrying her because they have a baby together and he feels its the right thing to do. Sooo... that kind of makes my decision easier, I won't go to anyones wedding.

My cousin is a baseball player and plays for Hamilton and is currently being scouted by pro teams, and everyone thinks this girl tried to get pregnant in order to bait him, but he should have bagged his goodies up too. Regardless of what she wanted, it takes two.

Anyways, the last time I checked it is 2009 and you don't have to marry someone just because you knocked em up. And you don't have to stay with someone either, if you're not happy then you're not doing anyone (including the child) any favors.

They were good together before the baby though, they were together for two years, then she had the baby and got all crazy. She is always taking the baby to the hospital and saying shes sick but she actually isn't. She made the doctors do TONS of tests because she said the baby was fainting but no one else but her witnessed the baby fainting. Now shes saying the baby has strep... but it doesn't. Whoa munchhausen much? :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Interesting. Although - the whole 'I hear that my cousin isn't actually happy with the woman he is with but is only marrying her because they have a baby together and he feels its the right thing to do' - just sounds like someone gossiping :hehe:

Timeline

Not really. My mom told me and his dad told her. So I can believe it.

My family is really close knit and we all know eachothers bees-knees. She had the baby and turned into a nut. Happens all the time. :P

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Not really. My mom told me and his dad told her. So I can believe it.

My family is really close knit and we all know eachothers bees-knees. She had the baby and turned into a nut. Happens all the time. :P

:lol:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

This is going to be a fairly odd Vent....... Someone left the newspaper in the breakroom, so I had this sudden urge to read the comics. I took the entertainment section and snuck back to my office. I don't read the newspaper comics very often, so I didn't recognize a few of them. But then, all of a sudden, there they were at the bottom right corner of the second page. The Family Circus, Marmaduke, and of course everyones favorite... Garfield. The Family Circus is so remarkably not funny that it almost ruins the 2 previously hilarious comic strips I had read. :blink:

On another, completely different note, it was 30 Celcius here yesterday. It cooled down to a chilly 22 Celcius last night. This coming on the heels of a week of temperatures ranging from the single digits to the low teens at best. Gotta love the seasons here in sunny Southern California. We have Warm, Warmer, Hot, and Not So Warm.

Timeline

I HATE the family circus.

Speaking of comics, I went to highschool with Lynn Johnsons daughter when I lived in North Bay, she does For better or Worse. Her daughter... Katie was a complete b1tch. I was in my second semester of grade 9 doing grade 11 advanced art because I had finished previous art courses in summer schools to get ahead and she was SO mean to me. But at the end of the year the teacher would choose one item from each class to be shown at the Waterworks Gallery in North Bay and guess who's piece she chose!? MINE! Not that little wench Katie! :P

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I'm really pissed that someone insinuated that I enjoy freedoms of this country but wouldn't sacrifice for them. Since when must one shoot a gun to k ill in order to protect the freedoms we have?

<_<

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

Omg Amanda didn't you get the memo? Sometimes you got to shoot someone in the leg to get a point across. You don't have to kill em. :P

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Being drafted, does not mean ur armed with a rifle!! As I stated if a draft was called, something horrible would have had to happen.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Ever have someone visiting that poo-poos everything?! Its not warm enough, too much rain, the sea turtle was too far away, too much vog, to much wind with the top down, not enough fish snorkeling, not enough washrooms in this house, too humid, you didn't tell me to pack this and it ruined my day, the crowing roosters are too loud, the restaurant you recommended was closed, the beer in your fridge isn't cold enough, you don't have decaf in the house, my snorkeling mask leaks, your snorkeling mask is too foggy, you don't have white bread in the cupboard. . . . . . .

I'm going to scream. One more complaint, and I'm going to lose my mind.

Timeline
Ugh Mrs. Cat that blows. Kick em in the shins, that'll really give them something to complain about.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh that is so much better than screaming!

Timeline
Ever have someone visiting that poo-poos everything?! Its not warm enough, too much rain, the sea turtle was too far away, too much vog, to much wind with the top down, not enough fish snorkeling, not enough washrooms in this house, too humid, you didn't tell me to pack this and it ruined my day, the crowing roosters are too loud, the restaurant you recommended was closed, the beer in your fridge isn't cold enough, you don't have decaf in the house, my snorkeling mask leaks, your snorkeling mask is too foggy, you don't have white bread in the cupboard. . . . . . .

I'm going to scream. One more complaint, and I'm going to lose my mind.

:lol:

Yes.. i've had friends do that.. I agree with Sprailenes kick 'em in the shins!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.