bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Sorry I missed it...what was the misshap?

Sounds truly exasperating...sorry to hear.

This is kinda the barebones of what happened... don't really feel like repeating the entire story right now, or I'll probably end up bawling my head off for another hour. *digs into ice cream*

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=97369

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I missed it...what was the misshap?

Sounds truly exasperating...sorry to hear.

This is kinda the barebones of what happened... don't really feel like repeating the entire story right now, or I'll probably end up bawling my head off for another hour. *digs into ice cream*

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=97369

Oops...I will have a read...and do enjoy your ice cream.

What flavour? (trying to distract your worried mind... :blush: )

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

We usually get plain vanilla and then douse Baileys or Kahlua on top. Quite good for times like these :lol:

Here we go again...

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Okay, I read that other post you linked to. I'm so sorry things are so screwed up for you right now!

From what I understand, and correct me if I'm wrong. When you activated your K-1, someone at the POE, put you in as a Y-1, (whatever the frick that is?!). You still handed in your sealed envelope though. And someone must have received it, as they've sent you an RFE for the vacinnation supplement. I'm aware of the one year medical blahblahblah since I too came in on a K-1. So, I guess I'm wondering...

carlahmsb4.gif

Ooops...what an inopportune time to hit send! Anyway, I guess I"m thinking that you're getting an I-693 vacinnation supplement request? Did you get one of those done by a civil surgeon here? If you did, send them another copy. If you didn't and just copied your DS whatever to send to them, I think I've read where it's suggested that you "might" get away with them accepting this, but if you're RFE'd, you're screwed, and you'll have to send it to them. I know nothing about this TB stuff. I know that I just got my GC a few months ago, and then, as well as during the process, no one ever said anything about any TB skin test.

The whole SSN number thingy is all screwed up and I didn't read what happened when you went to the Philly airport. Did they change your Y-1 status to K-1?

I'm probably not answering any of your questions, so if you don't feel like explaining, then don't. Bawl...crying is good for one's soul. Eat ice cream with whatever toppings are your favourite. Relax...do whatever you have to do.

I'm sure big hugs are in order. HUGS!!

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Ooops...what an inopportune time to hit send! Anyway, I guess I"m thinking that you're getting an I-693 vacinnation supplement request? Did you get one of those done by a civil surgeon here? If you did, send them another copy. If you didn't and just copied your DS whatever to send to them, I think I've read where it's suggested that you "might" get away with them accepting this, but if you're RFE'd, you're screwed, and you'll have to send it to them. I know nothing about this TB stuff. I know that I just got my GC a few months ago, and then, as well as during the process, no one ever said anything about any TB skin test.

The whole SSN number thingy is all screwed up and I didn't read what happened when you went to the Philly airport. Did they change your Y-1 status to K-1?

I'm probably not answering any of your questions, so if you don't feel like explaining, then don't. Bawl...crying is good for one's soul. Eat ice cream with whatever toppings are your favourite. Relax...do whatever you have to do.

Carla (F)

I got everything sorted out at the Philly airport on Friday, so now I'm actually in the system as a K1. I did send them an I-693A with my AOS package as well as the DS-3025 (doubly covered!). The RFE is for a full medical exam - they want a I-693, which means that they don't have a record of my K1 medical exam. Which means that it got lost during the POE. *sigh*

*hugs*

Edited by Nini & Bee

Here we go again...

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I got everything sorted out at the Philly airport on Friday, so now I'm actually in the system as a K1. I did send them an I-693A with my AOS package as well as the DS-3025 (doubly covered!). The RFE is for a full medical exam - they want a I-693, which means that they don't have a record of my K1 medical exam. Which means that it got lost during the POE. *sigh*

*hugs*

WHo was this clown of a Border Agent that messed up so??? :angry: so sorry this happened to you!! GAH! (sorry to the clowns out there.. i really didn't mean to be offensive)..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Awwww guys ... good vibes sent out to all. Emancipation ... hope you find a new job ASAP!!! WHen I used to work as a director of an agency, the main office (over all the branches) had major financial problems and paychecks were bouncing. It was impossible to keep employees and there was no way they were doing good work, since they were so unhappy. It sucked big time! (I got out of there as fast as I could!!!)

Nini --- have lots and lots of ice cream and Bailey's.

I have such a minor vent compared to everyone else, but I am going to vent anyway:

I wish my baby-to-be would stop changing the foods he/she doesn't like. One day, eggs, shrimp, toast are fine, this weekend ... not so good. AAAAAAHHHHH I am sooo sick of puking (sorry for the graphic details). I thought the first trimester morning sickness was over!!!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Timeline
How can an employer treat employees with so much disrespect.

#1 you don't pay them on time

#2 you don't keep them up to date daily with the progress that's being made trying to secure funding for payroll and in fact they have to chase YOU to get info on when payroll will be paid

#3 you EXPECT/DEMAND employee loyalty without 1 & 2 being met

Ugh.. yeah.. I don't understand this at all, and it's beginning to really bother me. I can feel myself walking out the door very quickly (but not before i get my payroll $$).

:ranting:

I'm not in your situation so I don't know all the whole situation but, if it were me, I'd be cutting my losses and not giving them any more of my time. They still owe you the paycheck whether you're there or not.

I wish my baby-to-be would stop changing the foods he/she doesn't like. One day, eggs, shrimp, toast are fine, this weekend ... not so good. AAAAAAHHHHH I am sooo sick of puking (sorry for the graphic details). I thought the first trimester morning sickness was over!!!

Ugh. I feel sick just thinking about it. :lol:

iagree.gif

Carla (F)

*hugs*

What's the latest on this? I really hope that it's not truly lost. I think it was jg_am that had his/her medical lost and they had to redo it and send it in. They were approved soon after it was done. I hope you're not still stressing about this either.

Thoughts and hugs are still with you!

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Sometimes, when you post here (not here-here - just vj in general) do you feel like you are beating your head against a wall???? :blink:

Only sometimes. :P (Is there a sarcasm smiley? lol)

After I posted this a fellow canadian came and bailed me out in the thread, thanks Marilyn!!

Nini here's hoping they find the d..n thing!! And autumn, it will pass, or you will be sick through the whole pregnancy, but I think it becomes a lifestyle at that point - jk - hang in there.

Sheesh. I seriously wish people in VJ stopped being azzzholes to other people. Man, some just get off in slamming others like it's going out of style - arghhhh. :angry: They don't post in help related topics, but wander around OT criticizing others, making obnoxious, racist, sexist, and utterly rude comments as if their petty little lives depended on it.... WAIT, maybe they do.

GET A LIFE DARNIT. :angry:

*end of vent*

p.s. and yes, the ignore list keeps getting bigger.

Sometimes, when you post here (not here-here - just vj in general) do you feel like you are beating your head against a wall???? :blink:

Only sometimes. :P (Is there a sarcasm smiley? lol)

After I posted this a fellow canadian came and bailed me out in the thread, thanks Marilyn!!

Darn. I miss all the good threads. *kicks dirt*

Sheesh. I seriously wish people in VJ stopped being azzzholes to other people. Man, some just get off in slamming others like it's going out of style - arghhhh. :angry: They don't post in help related topics, but wander around OT criticizing others, making obnoxious, racist, sexist, and utterly rude comments as if their petty little lives depended on it.... WAIT, maybe they do.

GET A LIFE DARNIT. :angry:

*end of vent*

p.s. and yes, the ignore list keeps getting bigger.

Oh! Except maybe that one!

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.