bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hhaha! oh I always wonder that Trailmix. there are so many stores out there that somehow survive yet there is never any one there and the product can't be popular!!

E- Oh don't I know it. When we moved into our new house I had to deal with comcast again. I hate dealing with them. So I call to set up an appointment and the girl tells me every TV has to have a digital box. I said, well how is that when we have two tvs in our house right now that have no box but still get channels from 2-61. She said, "Well, there is a big changeover in affect where every tv in the house has to have a cable box or the tv will not work. So I'm furious at this. I say fine, I will get two boxes then. We plug a tv in without a box and we GET CHANNELS!

Then she tells me when the installation guy comes, I have to pay him upfront. I tell her that I have had comcast 3 separate times and never have I had to pay the installation guy. What if they steal my money? She said, "That is the way we do it."

The guy comes and installs, never asks for payment.

Any ways, I asked for the sports package to be installed. Never got it. So I had to call. Then I noticed we don't get as many channels on one cable box as we get on the other, even though the service should be on both channels.

I have to call them today again and tell them this. It's just a complete mess! People do not know how to do their jobs and their jobs are so simple at these companies.

Changeover where every tv has to have a cable box?? Hmmmmmm.

Yeah. That's baloney. We have Comcast and only got a digital box on the main tv. I have a feeling the "customer service" rep is mixing up the new digital/analog transmission policy going into effect in February. Basically, all providers have to switch from analog to digital tv transmission on February 17th. So, if you get your reception from an antennae or your tv is quite old, you won't receive the signal. It sounds like you already have a signal though, Amanda, because you said you were receiving channels 2-61, which is what happens with our other tv. Don't pay for the extra box if you don't need it. The csr seems to be a bit confused.

Autumn, I am so sorry you had to worry so much with your son's operation and am happy to hear he is doing well. (F)

Necrotica, I hope the move went/goes well. Try not to stress too much. Even though I know moving is highly stressful. (F)

Marilyn, that's funny about the Spanish voicemail. My first husband was French Canadian so I had a French last name. I used to get that too. Plus when I worked at the college the staff would always call me to speak to parents who were French! :lol:

iagree.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah the Spanish thing happened to me before when I was at a doctor's office.. I was sitting in the room waiting for the doctor.. and she comes in and starts talking to me in Spanish..lol.. I said excuse I don't understand Spanish and she quickly started talking to me in English ...lol

mvSuprise-hug.gif

yeah the Spanish thing happened to me before when I was at a doctor's office.. I was sitting in the room waiting for the doctor.. and she comes in and starts talking to me in Spanish..lol.. I said excuse I don't understand Spanish and she quickly started talking to me in English ...lol

There's a huge Spanish population here in Florida and whenever I go into Pollo Tropical the staff always talk to me in Spanish, as well as other places I've been! :lol: (I have that colouring so I guess they just assume I am.)

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

There's a huge Spanish population here in Florida and whenever I go into Pollo Tropical the staff always talk to me in Spanish, as well as other places I've been! :lol: (I have that colouring so I guess they just assume I am.)

Oh and we went there last week krikit! I remembered you saying you liked the wraps so I had one - it was really good. Mike had the ribs and chicken, not so good - he should have had the wrap!

Timeline

the funny thing is I don't think I look Spanish at all ...lol

lol.. one time at a grocery store the teller looks at me and asks me if I lived around there and I said yes and she just kind of looked at me ...lol

95% or more of the population around here is Hispanic... so someone like me is going to stand out ..lol

oh and some times people don't think my hubby and I are together.. they will help him and then look at me and I am like, I am with him :P ...lol

mvSuprise-hug.gif

:crying: It's been 2 weeks since the wonderful email arrived telling me they had approved my AP. I still don't have the documents and I was really hoping to spend the holidays with my baby girl.

What do I do? I need them by Tuesday. :crying:

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

April 16, 2009 - 2 yr GC rec'd in mail.

March 2, 2011 - Mailed in I-751 to CSC

March 4, 2011 - I-751 delivered to CSC

March 4, 2011 - NOA issued

March 12, 2011 - NOA received

April 14, 2011 - BIO Appt 5/6/11

May 6, 2011 - BIO done in 10 minutes...no re-takes this time :)

June 27, 2011 - Email rec'd "Status - Approved"

July 1, 2011 - 10 yr GC arrived

Timeline
oh and some times people don't think my hubby and I are together.. they will help him and then look at me and I am like, I am with him :P ...lol

Interesting! My exhusband had darker skin than I do, and I would always find when we were at the grocery store, 90% of the time they would ask if this stuff was all together or whatever.

Mike is caucasian - it still happens sometimes - maybe it's just that people don't want to assume you are getting stuff all together? I dont' know, what have others found?

Timeline

Interesting! My exhusband had darker skin than I do, and I would always find when we were at the grocery store, 90% of the time they would ask if this stuff was all together or whatever.

Mike is caucasian - it still happens sometimes - maybe it's just that people don't want to assume you are getting stuff all together? I dont' know, what have others found?

when it happens it is usually when we are at a restaurant or something...

:crying: It's been 2 weeks since the wonderful email arrived telling me they had approved my AP. I still don't have the documents and I was really hoping to spend the holidays with my baby girl.

I hope you get it soon... (F)

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Oh and we went there last week krikit! I remembered you saying you liked the wraps so I had one - it was really good. Mike had the ribs and chicken, not so good - he should have had the wrap!

Mmmmm. Pollo Tropical. I love the Caribbean chicken fajitas!!! (That's what you're talking about, right?) I took my Mum there and she loved it!

lol.. one time at a grocery store the teller looks at me and asks me if I lived around there and I said yes and she just kind of looked at me ...lol

95% or more of the population around here is Hispanic... so someone like me is going to stand out ..lol

I get that with my husband too. lol

:(

Can you make an InfoPass appointment? No idea if that would help or not, but it's all I could come up with. Maybe it will come in today's mail? :)

iagree.gif

So i deal with the most silly company for oil EVER!! They drop off tickets when they make deliveries which they say are due immediately.. that's fine.. but what happens of the tickets get lost and you are not aware that they MADE the delivery.. anyway.. that's besides the point. we called earlier in the week to say the yellow tickets were dropped off, but no notation was marked on them stating how MUCH was due.. i called them to tell them that and they said no problems.. we will send out bills this week and just pay from that.. I got those yesterday..

So they call TODAY and are looking for their money.. :bonk: so i tell the girl the whole story and she says.. well they are due when the driver does the delivery... :bonk::bonk::bonk: gah... so frustrating..

Grrr. How frustrating! :angry:

Which brings me to something else. We were at World Market last week, which is in a strip mall. In that strip mall they have a barstool store. I have no idea what store footage costs here, however, how can you support a bar stool business?

I know that strip mall! I'm there a lot. :lol: But I just had to comment on the barstool store. I always found that really weird too. And it never looks open and it's never got any customers. Though, mind you, I did comment to my husband that it would have been nice to have seen it BEFORE we bought our barstools. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline
I know that strip mall! I'm there a lot. :lol: But I just had to comment on the barstool store. I always found that really weird too. And it never looks open and it's never got any customers. Though, mind you, I did comment to my husband that it would have been nice to have seen it BEFORE we bought our barstools. :lol:

I always say they must be selling crack out the back door.

Mmmmm. Pollo Tropical. I love the Caribbean chicken fajitas!!! (That's what you're talking about, right?) I took my Mum there and she loved it!

I get that with my husband too. lol

:(

Can you make an InfoPass appointment? No idea if that would help or not, but it's all I could come up with. Maybe it will come in today's mail? :)

Thanks Krikit. Today's mail has already been delivered. :(

April 13, 2009 - Welcome to the USA letter rec'd. PRC to be rec'd within 3 weeks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

^^ Is there anyone you can call BH??

Vent: It's Snowmagadden here in Toronto. I hate snow.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

^^ Is there anyone you can call BH??

Vent: It's Snowmagadden here in Toronto. I hate snow.

I could probably call National Customer Service Center but how would they get me those documents by Tuesday. :unsure:

Was just thinking of something and thought of this scenario.... Since the AP has already been approved and you've received the email saying so, what about going ahead with your plans and having someone courier the documents once they're delivered? You actually don't require them until you re-enter the US.

Then again, it may just arrive before you leave. :)

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.