bradcanuck

The Vent

4,952 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

haha I still don't think I'm following you, love.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
haha I still don't think I'm following you, love.

Oh sorry, I thought you were kidding! Well those were really two different observations.

In reading that thread about that guy whose wife is now in a detention center for being out of status - I find him creepy. So I was thinking, if you read regular OT regularly and go in to some of the other forums, I can see how you might feel that you want to be cautious here (especially if you don't spend that much time here so don't feel that you really know the folks).

As for the second comment, I get tired of people who kind of wait for you to post something and then eagerly jump right in to 'correct' you - even though they didn't really read what you posted (and really I don't mean me personally here - only).

That ticks me off. I'm happy to admit if I make a mistake - and I certainly do, regularly - but unless you read what I posted - you know what I mean.

Oh well, whatever!

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

it is OUTTA control today in Effects of Major Change forum.. holy.. that Valsu is outta control!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, i've been reading his various threads off and on, it's a real soap opera. He really does seem to be a real bonafide douchebag though. I'm not gonna touch that thread with a 10 foot pole :diablo:

Timeline
it is OUTTA control today in Effects of Major Change forum.. holy.. that Valsu is outta control!

I have read his threads and immediately I was thinking, this is so wrong so many levels. Sometimes people can justify stuff - everyone does that. Honestly this guy is dilusional. He spoke about his Mother taping a conversation with his wife like it was normal? Later on when he got flack for it he said it was just awful.

Someone posted that there is more going on with them than meets the eye and I think they are spot on, I wouldn't be surprised if he called ice.

But the part I find most facinating - and weird - are the posts supporting all of his strange - stuff. Pray together, I hope your marriage works out - where did you buy the CD's (from the marriage counselling guy) - I think you both should go to a counsellor.

AND THEN he makes some comment to someone that he is having fun playing with some of the people who are 'haters'.

His wife is in jail and he's playing on a forum. it's just - too weird.

Timeline

Agreed. That is why I got so pissed off and I'm glad I helped to close the thread. It is completely unnecessary. Here is a guy who has gone through this thing all wrong, and has 50 parts to his story which are absolutely ridiculous. I hate when people can't see through things that are fake.

He's basically going around telling people that ICE can pick them up on any given day if they feel like it. Therefore, us immigrants should always be looking over our shoulder because it can even happen to "legal" people with "papers" as he calls it. Come on, call a spade a spade. You don't get into trouble unless you ask for it.

I had read his various posts from the beginning and I just thought..look..here is a guy who is not contributing to anything else on this board and simply wants attention. That Affects of Family immigration, etc. forum is full of #######...it;s hard to sort out the real from the fake.

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline
Agreed. That is why I got so pissed off and I'm glad I helped to close the thread. It is completely unnecessary. Here is a guy who has gone through this thing all wrong, and has 50 parts to his story which are absolutely ridiculous. I hate when people can't see through things that are fake.

He's basically going around telling people that ICE can pick them up on any given day if they feel like it. Therefore, us immigrants should always be looking over our shoulder because it can even happen to "legal" people with "papers" as he calls it. Come on, call a spade a spade. You don't get into trouble unless you ask for it.

I had read his various posts from the beginning and I just thought..look..here is a guy who is not contributing to anything else on this board and simply wants attention. That Affects of Family immigration, etc. forum is full of #######...it;s hard to sort out the real from the fake.

I agree and does that kind of stuff really even belong there. Really those types of topics aren't asking for immigration help, they are asking for attention, as you mentioned. They should be moved to OT.

Timeline

I wanted to know what this Valsu was all about so I read his posts.... OMG are you kidding me? It's really sad when someone needs attention that they make up some stories like that, pathetic... And the length of every post he has is just ridiculously long.... Way to go Amanda for telling him how it is!! :thumbs:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
I wanted to know what this Valsu was all about so I read his posts.... OMG are you kidding me? It's really sad when someone needs attention that they make up some stories like that, pathetic... And the length of every post he has is just ridiculously long.... Way to go Amanda for telling him how it is!! :thumbs:

:lol: I felt a little bad afterward but I couldn't help myself. I just dislike perpetual lies and stories that people actually read into. There are people out there who are uninformed about immigration, just like I was once, and giving people ridiculous stories and therefore bad information can end up having a terrible consequence on someone else's process, you know?

He shouldn't be talking to an open forum about details like that, in my opinion. He should be talking to family and good friends and getting support.

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

:lol: I felt a little bad afterward but I couldn't help myself. I just dislike perpetual lies and stories that people actually read into. There are people out there who are uninformed about immigration, just like I was once, and giving people ridiculous stories and therefore bad information can end up having a terrible consequence on someone else's process, you know?

He shouldn't be talking to an open forum about details like that, in my opinion. He should be talking to family and good friends and getting support.

You're so right, and for him to post information as "factual" when it's actually absurd and misleading is just wrong... "ICE is going to come arrest you on the street if you don't have papers on you" what a joke!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

So i deal with the most silly company for oil EVER!! They drop off tickets when they make deliveries which they say are due immediately.. that's fine.. but what happens of the tickets get lost and you are not aware that they MADE the delivery.. anyway.. that's besides the point. we called earlier in the week to say the yellow tickets were dropped off, but no notation was marked on them stating how MUCH was due.. i called them to tell them that and they said no problems.. we will send out bills this week and just pay from that.. I got those yesterday..

So they call TODAY and are looking for their money.. :bonk: so i tell the girl the whole story and she says.. well they are due when the driver does the delivery... :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: gah... so frustrating..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
So i deal with the most silly company for oil EVER!! They drop off tickets when they make deliveries which they say are due immediately.. that's fine.. but what happens of the tickets get lost and you are not aware that they MADE the delivery.. anyway.. that's besides the point. we called earlier in the week to say the yellow tickets were dropped off, but no notation was marked on them stating how MUCH was due.. i called them to tell them that and they said no problems.. we will send out bills this week and just pay from that.. I got those yesterday..

So they call TODAY and are looking for their money.. :bonk: so i tell the girl the whole story and she says.. well they are due when the driver does the delivery... :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: gah... so frustrating..

There are so many dumb companies out there. How many times have you had to call a company to sort something out and ended up doing their job for them?

I have pondered how some companies manage to stay in business.

Which brings me to something else. We were at World Market last week, which is in a strip mall. In that strip mall they have a barstool store. I have no idea what store footage costs here, however, how can you support a bar stool business?

Timeline

Hhaha! oh I always wonder that Trailmix. there are so many stores out there that somehow survive yet there is never any one there and the product can't be popular!!

E- Oh don't I know it. When we moved into our new house I had to deal with comcast again. I hate dealing with them. So I call to set up an appointment and the girl tells me every TV has to have a digital box. I said, well how is that when we have two tvs in our house right now that have no box but still get channels from 2-61. She said, "Well, there is a big changeover in affect where every tv in the house has to have a cable box or the tv will not work. So I'm furious at this. I say fine, I will get two boxes then. We plug a tv in without a box and we GET CHANNELS!

Then she tells me when the installation guy comes, I have to pay him upfront. I tell her that I have had comcast 3 separate times and never have I had to pay the installation guy. What if they steal my money? She said, "That is the way we do it."

The guy comes and installs, never asks for payment.

Any ways, I asked for the sports package to be installed. Never got it. So I had to call. Then I noticed we don't get as many channels on one cable box as we get on the other, even though the service should be on both channels.

I have to call them today again and tell them this. It's just a complete mess! People do not know how to do their jobs and their jobs are so simple at these companies.

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Treble, same thing kind of happened here when Buddy moved into this house. I was here when Time Warner was coming to set up the internet. When he was all done he asked me for payment, which I didnt have. I messaged Buddy and Buddy was like get his ID number, his name his license and anything and everything you can because he cant ask for payment. I told the guy that we werent supposed to pay now and he went back outside to his truck, made a call and then came back and said "Oh sorry my system wasnt updated yet, thats right. It says that here now" Then left. Apparently there was a scam going on down here, where the techies are contracted by TW but dont actually work for them. They ask for payment before they leave. Then the customer gets a bill from TW saying you havent paid. The contractors had taken the money themselves.

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Timeline
Hhaha! oh I always wonder that Trailmix. there are so many stores out there that somehow survive yet there is never any one there and the product can't be popular!!

E- Oh don't I know it. When we moved into our new house I had to deal with comcast again. I hate dealing with them. So I call to set up an appointment and the girl tells me every TV has to have a digital box. I said, well how is that when we have two tvs in our house right now that have no box but still get channels from 2-61. She said, "Well, there is a big changeover in affect where every tv in the house has to have a cable box or the tv will not work. So I'm furious at this. I say fine, I will get two boxes then. We plug a tv in without a box and we GET CHANNELS!

Then she tells me when the installation guy comes, I have to pay him upfront. I tell her that I have had comcast 3 separate times and never have I had to pay the installation guy. What if they steal my money? She said, "That is the way we do it."

The guy comes and installs, never asks for payment.

Any ways, I asked for the sports package to be installed. Never got it. So I had to call. Then I noticed we don't get as many channels on one cable box as we get on the other, even though the service should be on both channels.

I have to call them today again and tell them this. It's just a complete mess! People do not know how to do their jobs and their jobs are so simple at these companies.

Changeover where every tv has to have a cable box?? Hmmmmmm.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.